Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 08:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Our President has criticized the FED for raising short term interest rates. Have we learned anything from the eighties?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.c2de19f60759

Since the current Chairman of the FED Jerome Powell was appointed by Trump, I'm hoping that Trump is only looking for a scapegoat for what his economists see coming. Uncontrolled inflation would be a disaster for a middle class that has no power.

Ron Paul is in Trumps ear.

Trump has said it before.
END THE FED!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 08:41 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
The fed has no clue what interest rates should be

Old 10-14-2018, 08:46 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
People have no comprehension of how difficult things might get coming off of QE and ultra-low interest rates. Paying the piper will not be easy.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:49 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
People have no comprehension of how difficult things might get coming off of QE and ultra-low interest rates. Paying the piper will not be easy.
It is a balancing act. Interest rates were TOO LOW. Look at historical rates since WWII. My first mortgage was over 10%, and I thought I was getting a good deal!

Old 10-14-2018, 08:53 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
There is no middle class. It's an illusion that's been maintained with debt, and higher interests rates will prove this.

Truth is, the parasites have damn near consumed the host some time ago. Should have fixed the economy while we had the chance, but that would have required short term pain for long term gain, and who wants to be troubled with that?

Old 10-14-2018, 09:01 AM

When times are good, the Bank wins.
When times are bad, the People lose.
They are a den of vipers and thieves. Who should be routed out, and by the eternal God, we will eventually will rout them out.

After eight years as President, I have only two regrets:
That I have not shot Henry Clay
Or hung John C. Calhoun.
And you think Trump is aggressive, for a President.

END THE FED!

Old 10-14-2018, 09:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
There is no middle class. It's an illusion that's been maintained with debt, and higher interests rates will prove this.

Truth is, the parasites have damn near consumed the host some time ago. Should have fixed the economy while we had the chance, but that would have required short term pain for long term gain, and who wants to be troubled with that?

No Presidential candidate would get elected on it.
We are in a position now where the best any President can do is put off the inevitable during their term and push it off to the next President.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:04 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
www.usawatchdog.com

We are beyond repair...
It seems like everything falls under National Security these days.
Don't let the Too Big to Fail, Fail? It is because it falls under National Security.

People ok with Farm Subsidies say it falls under National Security.

I'll bet the leaders in the Soviet Union would agree as well.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:08 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Obama had near 0% interest rates his entire eight years as the Fed needed to practice Quantitative Easing due to the POOR ECONOMY. Obama's policies only extended any recovery, so they had to keep interest rates historically low. Now, we have a very robust economy, and the Fed needs to raise interest rates to avoid INFLATION. Are they doing it too much, too fast? Maybe. That is all Trump is saying.

Big difference having a businessman in office rather than a Community Organizer who never had a real job in his life.
A business man can be just as corrupt as a community organizer.
For someone that does not owe anyone anything there sure is a big increase in Corporate and Banking Lobbyists under Trump.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...filling-it-up/
Drain the swamp? Lobbyists are filling it up.

President Donald Trump promised to drain the swamp. Instead, it’s filling up.

For the first time since 2007, the number of registered lobbyists along with federal lobbying spending each went up, reversing annual declines that began a decade ago.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is a balancing act. Interest rates were TOO LOW. Look at historical rates since WWII. My first mortgage was over 10%, and I thought I was getting a good deal!

Look at the debt created during the Obama years.
That bubble has to be popped, or slowly deflated.
Totally unacceptable.
The Fed is there to be oversight in what politicians want to do.
It is the means, that allows out government to go way beyond it's Constitutional boundaries, with the hidden tax upon the People.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies