Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 10:36 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times

Advertisements

If Rachel Dolezal found out she had 1/1024th African American blood, would anyone other than herself say she was black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 10:37 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, I'm not.

I didn't disagree with what you said.

I'm just pointing out one of the PR points in this whole mess.

IMO, and in the view of many I imagine, the Cherokee press release doesn't help Senator Warren in an overall sense.

She handled it poorly she has been unable to substantiate her claim of being Cherokee she has proven that she has at least one distant Amerindian ancestor thus far and that's all.

I have one 7cM segment that is mixed European and Sub-Saharan that I share with someone from Cape Verde but I would never claim to be Black or for that matter to belong to a specific African country or African tribe. I represents one ancestor possibly from the 1500's and doesn't define who I am as I have no shared history or shared experiences with those populations since the 1500's.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:39 AM

18,724 posts, read 7,601,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Pretty sure I got .097656% Black in me. where do I sign up for all the extra government privilege. Time to get me some affirmative action!
How can it be that 0.097656% black ancestry makes you black, while 99.902344% of your ancestry that's white, doesn't make you white?

Old 10-16-2018, 10:41 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
There are no reference population for Native American tribes in the USA to compare to it's not about percentage you folks that harp on percentages are clueless about what the evidence shows it's about a 13.4CM segment that plots halfway between the first Nations tribes of Canada and the various Native tribes south of the border her segment plotted as expected for an Amerindian segment with origins in the USA. Again you post false factually incorrect information because you lack understanding on the basics of the information. The finding corroborate that Warren did indeed inherit a segment of DNA from an Amerindian with origins in the USA. She likely has other Amerindian ancestors in addition to the one she inherited the 13.4CM in a genealogical time frame but did not inherit those segments. That's how it works.
It's complicated and DNA from North American tribes is frequently not detected, even when it's proven that a 3rd generation relative is 100% Native American. One of my Grandson's is 1/8 Cherokee on his mom's side. His GG Grandfather is listed in the Dawes rolls and his Great Grandfather was an enrolled member of the tribe. When his DNA was tested through Ancestry he had no Native American DNA.

https://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/cherokee-dna.htm

Old 10-16-2018, 10:42 AM

23,970 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Hey, the Left created this Monster. And the Monster keeps gobbling them up.

You are correct. There is an ever-present array of issues that need attention. So perhaps the first step would be ditch this ethnic fetish. This bizarre obsession with race and ethnicity that has now boiled over to the point where a distant fraction of Native American blood is somehow an issue.

Having one molecule of Native American blood does not make Warren any less of a loon. It would have been a nice chestnut to bring up after a few beers at Thanksgiving.

But she could not stop herself ...
I'm not sure the left created her. I'd say a segment of the left. I just hope this latest brouhaha will discourage her from running for POTUS

Old 10-16-2018, 10:44 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Didn't a lot of the Indians fight on the British side during the Revolutionary War.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-16-2018 at 11:09 AM..

Old 10-16-2018, 10:44 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Like Pocahontas and Dr. Ford, you take the test privately, over and over if necessary, and only reveal it if you get a result you like.
lol, you are claiming that if you take the test 'over and over' the results will change? That's priceless

Old 10-16-2018, 10:46 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How can it be that 0.097656% black ancestry makes you black, while 99.902344% of your ancestry that's white, doesn't make you white?

Why liberals would rather be 1% American Indian than 99% white

Old 10-16-2018, 10:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol, you are claiming that if you take the test 'over and over' the results will change? That's priceless
DNA test results do change. That has been demonstrated. Here is an article about that:

Tracing Your Roots: Why Did My DNA-Test Results Change?

Old 10-16-2018, 10:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Trump made a fool of himself and continues to do so by offering her 1 million dollars to charity if a DNA test proved Warren had some Native American ancestry and then denying it however it's on video. She clearly does and he continues making a jack ass of himself. But he'll say anything if it riles up a segment of imbeciles that believe anything that come out of his mouth.
The fool, imbecile, and jack ass is Warren for taking on the Trump $1 million challenge, because no DNA test can show she is, was, or ever will be an Indian [Native American]. The Cherokee tribes and other NAs have spoken loud and clear on this issue for years.

She identified herself as Native American. The fact remains that even if she has a family member from 6-10 generations ago who was NA, that would not make Her Native American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies