Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 04:34 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times

Advertisements

Awww, you beat me to it. I was just coming here to post this.

I'll add:

Quote:
In it, Warren said: “The president likes to call my mom a liar. What do the facts say?”
The facts say that you are a liar, and you lied for years calling yourself a 'minority' with zero proof other than "what my mom said".

Even the Cherokees don't believe her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
But she is not asking for tribal citizenship is she.

So if DNA tests are indeterminate, why have you been asking for them.
This isn't difficult. If she had even 25% or 20%, at that point the next step would be to find a name on the Dawes Rolls. Surely she and/or her mother knows the name of her great, great grandmother. So they would look for that name - and if it's on the rolls, and she's 25% or 20% - while the tribe may not still allow her, it would add a hell of a lot more weight than "I was told it was because I have high cheekbones". (Which is a really stupid argument to make because NDNs are not the only people who have high cheekbones - you can't determine someone's heritage based on fricken cheekbones.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 04:36 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,461 times
Liz likely will never be President, but she will always be the whitest Pretendian that ever lived!

Old 10-15-2018, 04:37 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Awww, you beat me to it. I was just coming here to post this.

I'll add:

The facts say that you are a liar, and you lied for years calling yourself a 'minority' with zero proof other than "what my mom said".

Even the Cherokees don't believe her.
Must spread rep....

Old 10-15-2018, 04:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mexican, Colombian and Peruvian DNA used, because there is no pure Cherokee bloodlines left.

LOL!
It just keeps getting better.
At most $999 check to Warren seems like a fair compromise haha.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:43 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I wouldn't urinate on Trump if he was ablaze.

But Warren is a complete fraud and chose to run with a narrative that's so outrageous her "vindication" is proving to be worse than her initial claim.
I agree with this. Can't stand Trump either but I think Warren has shot herself in the foot. Such a tiny percentage of NA blood to be making a big deal out of her Indian ancestry and claiming that it's a big part of who she is.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:47 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
Hoskin Jr. went on to say that the use of a DNA test was “inappropriate and wrong.”

“Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong,” he said. “It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.”

Old 10-15-2018, 04:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
I mean, is she asking to be part of the tribe? I didn't think so.

But don't you worry, I'm sure our Native American citizens absolutely LOVE IT when Trump calls her Pocahontas over and over and over. . .

Old 10-15-2018, 04:50 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, is she asking to be part of the tribe? I didn't think so.

But don't you worry, I'm sure our Native American citizens absolutely LOVE IT when Trump calls her Pocahontas over and over and over. . .
I have 3/16 Native American ancestry and I think this "Identity politics" crap is a disgrace.

There is only one race, the human race, and we are all members of it.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:52 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who trust Warren to be telling the truth?

This guy has provided many DNA test kits to Warren. Shiva's offer was declined ignored and now this "secret test" surfaces.
Crissy Ford would be proud.

Independent Shiva Ayyadurai challenges Elizabeth Warren

+11 points on Warren... V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai doesn’t have much use for the two-party political system in Massachusetts. He’s running an energetic campaign as an independent for U.S. Senate to topple incumbent Democrat Elizabeth Warren, complete with a campaign bus bearing the slogan “Only a real Indian can beat a fake Indian.” Ayyadurai, 54, was born in Bombay, India, (now Mumbai) into the bottom …
He's running as an Independent because he realized he wasn't going to get the Republican nomination which he originally wanted.

Her real opponent is Geoff Diehl.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:52 PM

10,227 posts, read 6,308,428 times
5% is not considered "noise" or a trace amount. In order to test my children's DNA results I had my own done. I have done my own genealogy paper trail records back to the 17th Century. I know my heritage, and have done the same for my husband, their father. 50% from each parent. One parent does not have the other parent's same DNA.

My results were far higher percentages from my side than they got, simply because I do not have their father's DNA. Where they got 30%, 2 or 1%, I got 40%, 5%, or 4%. Some DNA sites say 1 or 2% is just noise, but not when a person's parent gets a higher percentage of this "noise".

This is why in the genealogy world people say have your siblings, parents, and better, grandparents tested. You might get "noise", but with your older relatives tested it just might prove to be more than just noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies