Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 01:23 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She wanted to hassle him. That would be why she refused to step aside when he told her he lived there, when he showed her his entry card. That would be why she insisted on joining him in the elevator, and then insisted on watching him use HIS key to enter HIS apartment. That would be why she called the police afterward. She went way overboard, and you and all her defenders know it.
Again, the question is, what exactly did she want the cops to do? Arrest the man for entering his own apartment? Break down the door and shoot him? What was her reason for calling the police at that point? Which scenario was she hoping would play out?

Either one of them paints her as a busybody *****.

Maybe she'll learn from this, but from her attitude on the video it seems unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 01:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She wanted to hassle him. That would be why she refused to step aside when he told her he lived there, when he showed her his entry card. That would be why she insisted on joining him in the elevator, and then insisted on watching him use HIS key to enter HIS apartment. That would be why she called the police afterward. She went way overboard, and you and all her defenders know it.
The above statements are the only facts we have. Everyone defending her and finding fault with him are doing it based on nothing but conjecture.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:29 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If he would have been white you idiots would be praising her for caring about everyone’s security.
If he would have been white, this situation would not have happened.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:31 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Or if she were black.
If she would have been black, this situation would not have happened.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:34 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think she had the hots for him.

That's the first thing I thought. I thought she was trying to be playful but she has to pay better attention to whats been viral in the videos lately. Let this be a lesson on how not to start a conversation with a black man.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No she opened the door to leave and etiquette would be that he let her leave and then buzz or key or swipe in - even if he already did. It has nothing to do with attitude. He should have stepped aside and let her leave. I don't know why this kind of thing is so difficult but it is why we need to keep having more rules in society which reduces freedom and infantilizes us. This whole thing is about some guy's ego and sense of victimhood and it's pathetic.
Etiquette?? I lived in a NYC apt with no doorman. There was a key to the front door, and if someone was leaving when someone was coming in, we held the door for each other (and, no--everyone did not know everyone else in the building). Imagine that--we trusted each other and were polite, but, of course, that was NYC. Maybe not so much in other places.

That woman was a nasty and rude control freak. And I don't care how nasty and rude certain leaders are--it is not right.

BTW, nothing was stopping her from saying excuse me and leaving. He wasn't blocking her. That is not what was going on. She blocked him from entering.

And if he was soooooo dangerous and skeery, why did she follow him into the elevator?

You know why? To be an obnoxious pain in the ass, which is what she appears to be.

Noticed her company did not even try to defend her as being a lovely person--probably because they know her and were happy to get rid of her.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:39 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Etiquette?? I lived in a NYC apt with no doorman. There was a key to the front door, and if someone was leaving when someone was coming in, we held the door for each other (and, no--everyone did not know everyone else in the building). Imagine that--we trusted each other and were polite, but, of course, that was NYC. Maybe not so much in other places.

That woman was a nasty and rude control freak. And I don't care how nasty and rude certain leaders are--it is not right.

BTW, nothing was stopping her from saying excuse me and leaving. He wasn't blocking her. That is not what was going on. She blocked him from entering.

And if he was soooooo dangerous and skeery, why did she follow him into the elevator?

You know why? To be an obnoxious pain in the ass, which is what she appears to be.

Noticed her company did not even try to defend her as being a lovely person--probably because they know her and were happy to get rid of her.
Exactly, in that situation when someone is coming in you hold the door because it's assumed they live there or visiting someone.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:19 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Those are the rules in most secure apartment buildings, you don't just let strangers in because you are coming or going.
But...the obvious answer would be for the woman to close the door and the man to rekey.

Either should have suggested that at the very first, but neither did.

Why did the woman never say, "Let me close the door and you can key in yourself?"

Why did the man never say, "Just close the door and I'll key in myself?"

That's what makes me think something else had happened before the video began rather than the man simply attempting to tailgate.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:20 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But...the obvious answer would be for the woman to close the door and the man to rekey.

Either should have suggested that at the very first, but neither did.

Why did the woman never say, "Let me close the door and you can key in yourself?"

Why did the man never say, "Just close the door and I'll key in myself?"

That's what makes me think something else had happened before the video began rather than the man simply attempting to tailgate.

Because she was nothing but a tenant and it was no need for him to do all that

Old 10-16-2018, 02:21 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
I'm glad these racist people are being exposed. When their livelihood is affected by their employer, friends /family or the general public after seeing their actions, they will think twice about their open acts of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies