Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 09:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They are on auto-pilot. I game. NPCs in game are mindless, programmed, group think characters. There is no thought process, no strategy, nothing. They simply throw their defenses or their offenses up without paying attention to what the real player is doing. It totally reminds me of the idiots who go out and protest and yet have no idea what they are protesting. NPCs in game are easy to beat because you can easily predict what they will do. It is far different than PvP where you have no idea what the other player is going to do, because that other player is thinking, strategizing, contemplating actions and reactions....that is not what these protester are, and we have seen enough video that proves it.

And I find it laughable that anyone on the left wants to cry about it "dehumanizing" anyone when they have thrown every name in the book at anyone on the right. They can cry "racist Nazi!" just because someone is on the right, or even on the left but not "left enough" for them, but they get called a programmed video game character and lose their ish.

Shut the hell up, SJWs.
You know it hit home by the way they are reacting to it. Priceless. hahahahahaha

Old 10-16-2018, 10:20 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
From the article

“How to tell when someone is an NPC,” wrote anti-SJW alt-right journalist Ian Miles Cheong on Twitter last month. “Logic and facts in an argument do nothing to change their mind and only cause them to just repeat themselves ad infinitum. Like a limited dialogue script that loops on itself in a video game.”

LOL — this is a perfect description of mob democrats and their group think and group chants.

There is a thread here on POC with a video showing some conservatives trying to talk and discuss calmly with mob democrats who just keep chanting and shouting the same group think chants and the leader of them actually forbids them to answer rational questions from the conservatives.

Found the video of democrat NPCs — too funny it soooo backs it up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCSR2t60_tQ
I watch this stuff and it just makes me so glad to live in Katy, Texas, where I don’t have to deal with any of these protesters and counter-protesters. I’ve seen a few tiny groups of them in Downtown a few times, but they’re usually outnumbered by the mounted police standing there to keep the peace. Houston just isn’t a big protest town. We generally have a live and let live attitude. I feel like we get along better among all types of people more than anywhere else I’ve been.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:31 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Even conservatives can act like NPCs. Why the NPC-like liberals seem to make the MSM stories more is something I don't get.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Because right-wing/Trumpite NPCs don't exist...

As if.

I could start a list of them right here on C-D, but it's probably against the TOS.
Thank you for stating your sentiment on the subject.

This statement is exactly why the NPC meme has a good chance of slowing or stopping the Left's agendas for some time to come: at least in the presence of our modern government form.

Using Catgirl64's statement as a predictive example, The Left at-large won't be able to help but to steer the collective metaphorical political car further toward the ravine as a result of being labeled NPCs.

The Left depends on enough engagement from their enemies to assure a measure of legitimacy-gloss for their views.

They absolutely need the engagement so that they can respond and then express their moral superiority, most often using "NPC" style sound bites. This is because the modern Left currently relies on manufactured consent for social control.

These talking points most often contain accusations of behavior that the only the Left themselves has deemed immoral (and thus their "arguments" are only circular - "you're argument is wrong because we labeled it immoral") that are meant to serve as definitive responses to the Right's views.

Deeper two-way conversation that accounts for full facts, devoid of such farcical moralizing and circular logic, would have the Left defeated because they are required to operate from a position of fundamental untruths to justify their positions.

Anything else but such controlled, superficial one-way "conversations" in the public sphere would result in the community conclusion of moral positions that are counter to the Left's agendas. Hence, the Left's vulnerability to the NPC appellation.

This necessity for controlled superficial conversation why they avoid such open discussion, and why they are vulnerable to the NPC accusation.

When your position is founded on selective truths, self-referential moralizing, a fundamental racial agenda that skews the scales of morality and justice, and lies, then you cannot engage in open debate.

However, the Left still requires that the Right remains engaged to their farcical version of conversation and endures this ridiculous communication style; wherein they engage in a largely one-sided lecture the Right in the MSM, other major media, and in the schools.

The Left requires this basic level of engagement for purposes of manufactured consent that buoys their self-created illusion as the moral party.

The NPC meme threatens to shut down all communication because it calls out their actual communication style as the farce that it is, and thus invalidates it.

What's the Left's response? To censor more accounts and and call the Right the real NPC's (see the CD member's quote to which I am responding).

Thus aggravating the actual lethal effect of calling people NPC's in the political discussion: the shutdown of all communication. This advantages the Right because, at this point, conversation is only good for the Left.

As I said: the Left likely will at minimum veer their political car toward the ravine as a result of this.

And all the better for the Right. We realized a doing time ago that actual conversation with communists is fruitless at best, and likely damaging as it wastes time and allows their slow creep. We are also used to their NPC style communication, and so we were just biding our time. However, this NPC meme has the potential to cut that time severely short as it eliminates the shared community sense of obligation for engagement because it invalidates one side's form of it.

This is why the media is alarmed by the NPC tactic. It shuts down the thin edge of the political blade that they were required to dance on (cutting between real conversation and no communication). They can't retreat to having open conversations with no social penalties for realtalk and no omitted facts, and they can't accept a shutdown of effective communication. In essence, the media has nowhere to go except to exactly what they are being called out for. This is big trouble.

To truly complicate things much further: unfortunately for the Left, they have been accusing the Right of NPC behavior for some time using differing language.

They were accusing Trump voters of being bots early on, and for decades have been dismissing their political interests as arising from uneducated fools merely in need of jobs (and thus giving the Left and Neocons an excuse to ignore what conservatives were actually saying as citizens of this nation): which is the exact same thing as labeling them NPCs. The Left-Neocons were implying a lack of true agency, when they weren't accusing voters of not even being voters (actual bots aren't physically able to post and survive on CD, genius).

So, on the MSM and even here on CD, liberal voters are in even more of a bind from the NPC meme given their past behaviors.

If they wish to counter the NPC meme with ploys of "stop dehumanizing us and removing our agency" then they will have to walk back one of the core tactics that they have been using for decades. That isn't likely possible, as they ran the tires off of it.

Thus, the MSM complaints over the NPC tactic are also likely a recognition of their inability to morally refute it even if it was practical to walk back their prior similar statements about conservatives (it isn't possible).

This is bad for liberals, which is why there has been such coverage of the tactic and the pleas for sympathy for their humanity in regard to it.

It can't be ignored to any good outcome as it will quicken the political decline in a manner that favors conservatives.

The Left cannot refute it morally without being painted as massively hypocritical and thus immoral and self-interested. They cannot have that because all of their positions literally rest on their supposed unimpeachable moral credibility.

That the popular Left with social media access, as represented by the above quoted post of Cagirl64, isn't likely see the irony in the accusation of foul-play when compared with their behavior means that this will no be handled delicately and the car will go into the ravine.

The media are freaking out for a reason. I would say that Catgirl64 should be more worried than she is, but the truth is that it literally doesn't matter at the moment. This is on autopilot from here on out. Communication is on a fast track to being shut down.

Some people will lament this development, especially liberals who see their knife-edge political dance as 'rational maintenance of the center'. However, the current decline merely an acceleration of the inevitable.

With the advent of the internet, we essentially continued a large oppositional social game in high-gear with vastly accelerated public social communication.

Two decades later, that game is coming to a head as all of the plays are eliminated one by one until the logical conclusion rises to the top.

No one was going to have been able to keep the game eternally in limbo (centrism) because the crowd is unsophisticated and can't be relied upon to act with nuanced strategy: especially in response to player two and as the required counter-moves get more sophisticated.

Sure, grand plans can be devised and attempted, but player responses are an entirely unpredictable variable that is almost impossible to control for. We are essentially witnessing the creep toward the bottom of the barrel of game moves. Buckle up.

Last edited by golgi1; 10-16-2018 at 05:19 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 05:19 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Even conservatives can act like NPCs. Why the NPC-like liberals seem to make the MSM stories more is something I don't get.
Exactly. I had never heard of this prior to today, and honestly, am only drawn in by the irony. Oh, well...

Old 10-16-2018, 05:20 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well the SJW's of the Democrat party do seem to march in lock step like they all got the same memo that tells them what to be outraged over on a particular day.

They are part of a collective with a hive mentality which reminds me of the Borg on Star Trek.
With the exceptions of a handful of KKK and neo-Nazis and the most strident of the Religious Right, conservatives, while they might hold to a well-defined set of values and beliefs. especially on economic issues, DO NOT attempt to use the power vested in the state to impose them on everyone else.

This is the essential difference between SJW radicals and the people they usually demonize under the simplistic term "right-wing".

Old 10-17-2018, 07:52 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I think there could be a generational component to this though.

Popular group think generally requires numbers and peer pressure (even if subtle). Some are pretty well informed on the topic but a lot of others just repeat the mantra to hang out and not be an outsider.

As such older people tend to be conservative and more likely to utter republican talking points without being able to logically back them....and by the same token younger people tend to roll the same way for the opposite party.

I think that's why the 4chan crowd which is younger tends to target the NPC's on the left so to speak because they have to deal with them frequently.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
The left has no humor. Just butthurt rants.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Fun to watch the right and moderates actually stick up for themselves while poking fun at the left's groupthink at the same time. As a moderate I've come to see what the left represents as dangerous but I look forward to hearing what other people think. I say bring on the memes and if companies start to ban, stop using their services. I apologize in advance for linking to infowars but they have a few good examples listed in the article.
Without mems, Facebook's users would be reduced by 50%

Old 10-17-2018, 02:35 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Without mems, Facebook's users would be reduced by 50%
Wouldn't be more like a 75%-85% reduction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies