Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:25 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times

Advertisements

[quote=T-310;53384171]Very hard to understand. I detest giving my hard earned money to deadbeats. I don't understand how liberals can keep funding leeches. Cut them off. Welfare kings and queens need to survive on their own dime. Cut them off. Hunger is a great motivator to survive. Some will turn to crime, they will cease to become relevant very quickly as they end up incarcerated or dead.

Defund the UN and kick them out. No more foreign aid. Stop all wealth transfer.

Enough is enough.

Either cut them off or liberals pay for the deadbeats. Don't look to me.[/QUOT

We won't" since this discussion is for those who actually serve a purpose and EARN their own way in life.
Ironic that you're so against anyone getting help, or you helping anyone, when you sat on your pink butt your whole life, living off your parents, while contributing nothing but foul carbon dioxide to the world around you.
Those of us who actually EARN anything for ourselves, and serve a purpose in this world understand the value of taxes- provided the money is spent wisely. Those of you who are as useful as waterproof towels will NEVER get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 07:44 PM

341 posts, read 302,322 times
@TenKW Typical liberal response. $17 Million a year in one state for one program. This is not counting Medicare fraud. There are hundreds of other programs found to be wasting taxpayer money. I guess all those payments to illegals and double payments (I'm not just saying this, the audits uncovered this) are just built in votes for the liberals.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:55 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Because paying more taxes themselves would defeat the liberals' purpose of making them feel better about themselves by stealing and spending additional tax money on causes they pretend to champion, but which they would not underwrite with their own money under any circumstances.

It's a serious moral hazard that should be addressed (and hopefully discouraged) by appropriate tax legislation. One sound recommendation is the "Liberal Advocacy Income Surtax Levy," being a flat 50% additional surtax straight off the top of what may remain after regular federal income and FICA taxes. I know we can all agree that liberalism can and should pay for itself, and the Liberal Advocacy Income Surtax Levy is a fine place to start that long overdue process.

"But Milton...how can we tell who is a liberal, subject to this surtax?"

Very simple. If a person voted for a Democrat, they're subject to the surtax.

"But...but, Milton...that would require that the taxing authorities know how a person voted. Isn't that an invasion of privacy?"

Sure it is. But if you have acquiesced for 100 years while the IRS had the authority and power to review every aspect of your financial life, to demand any level of proof for deductions, and to freeze any asset you may own merely on their capricious whim, then you cannot possibly have any objection to them knowing about how you voted, nor could you possibly object to their enforcement of any tax as a result thereof.

The "Liberal Advocacy Income Surtax Levy"...it's an idea whose time has arrived. It's time for liberalism to pay for itself.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Very hard to understand. I detest giving my hard earned money to deadbeats. I don't understand how liberals can keep funding leeches. Cut them off. Welfare kings and queens need to survive on their own dime. Cut them off. Hunger is a great motivator to survive. Some will turn to crime, they will cease to become relevant very quickly as they end up incarcerated or dead.

Defund the UN and kick them out. No more foreign aid. Stop all wealth transfer.

Enough is enough.

Either cut them off or liberals pay for the deadbeats. Don't look to me.
So it's okay for deadbeats to leach off of taxpayers as long as they do from prison. At least they're getting punished for being deadbeats.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Oh please. Do you think we're naive?

Liberals DO want higher taxes because they want more social spending and redistribution. They want everyone to have the same amount of stuff (except for the politicians, who have more). Level headed restraint is not what keeps redistribution in check. Conservative opposition does that. Given their druthers liberals would nationalize and redistribute everything until it all ran out.
Like it or not, Republicans in the big cities also want higher taxes to finance making city government bigger with new projects.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Liberals prefer taking more from other peoples wallets.
Then explain why I'm paying 3 cents more tax on gas, because Republican legislators in my state passed a bill that did that.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Because paying more taxes themselves would defeat the liberals' purpose of making them feel better about themselves by stealing and spending additional tax money on causes they pretend to champion, but which they would not underwrite with their own money under any circumstances.

It's a serious moral hazard that should be addressed (and hopefully discouraged) by appropriate tax legislation. One sound recommendation is the "Liberal Advocacy Income Surtax Levy," being a flat 50% additional surtax straight off the top of what may remain after regular federal income and FICA taxes. I know we can all agree that liberalism can and should pay for itself, and the Liberal Advocacy Income Surtax Levy is a fine place to start that long overdue process.

"But Milton...how can we tell who is a liberal, subject to this surtax?"

Very simple. If a person voted for a Democrat, they're subject to the surtax.

"But...but, Milton...that would require that the taxing authorities know how a person voted. Isn't that an invasion of privacy?"

Sure it is. But if you have acquiesced for 100 years while the IRS had the authority and power to review every aspect of your financial life, to demand any level of proof for deductions, and to freeze any asset you may own merely on their capricious whim, then you cannot possibly have any objection to them knowing about how you voted, nor could you possibly object to their enforcement of any tax as a result thereof.

The "Liberal Advocacy Income Surtax Levy"...it's an idea whose time has arrived. It's time for liberalism to pay for itself.
Get out of here with that utter absurdity. Conservatives, Republicans in Oklahoma also love to vote to hike taxes.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is one of the most often misrepresented and outright lie spread by the Right.

Liberals don't want to pay more taxes. But of the taxes already taken from us, we require it to be spend responsibly. That means not paying for Trump's golfing trips, not paying for the stupid wall, not covering the hole left by the tax cuts to rich corporations, etc.

Is that so hard to understand? Did it went over the head of right-wingers that Obama gave a tax cut to the middle class??? Cutting taxes for the middle class instead of big corporations... what a strange idea it must be to a right-winger.

It always baffles me that right-wingers don't get it. If they'd just propose a tax cut... for the middle class, it'd be really popular with many of the liberals. But every Republican tax cut is overwhelmingly for the rich. Always. And that's why your tax cut is not popular with liberals. It's not that we don't like tax cuts, we like tax cuts that make sense.
Please with the faux outrage.
You had no problem paying for the Obama's separate vacations. The left never cuts taxes for middle class without sticking it to us another way like the ACA.

Liberals never met a social program that they didn't like, regardless of cost and waste.

Reasonable spending. Most conservatives, well old school conservatives want reasonable spending and balanced budgets.
If the left were really interested in eliminating waste they would push for eliminating earmarks and pork spending. That will never happen.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Ask conservatives to pay for the bloated military or the stupid Trump wall while you're at it.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:11 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Another zombie talking point by the talk radio crowd.

If everyone volunteered to pay taxes, nobody would pay taxes! lol. That's why we have government and laws, to make sure everyone pays their fair share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies