Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2018, 02:33 PM

13,162 posts, read 21,713,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What the average person thinks this is all about:
"Those Poor People! Let's help them!" vs "If we don't have borders and laws protecting those borders, we're not a country anymore."

What's really going on? This is a power grab. Initially, this was a play by the Democrats to take complete control of the political system. If you can add 20+ million people who will reliably vote Democrat, you will win every local, state and federal election. If you can open the spigot and let even more folks who will reliably vote Democrat, then you do it and play on people's emotions to rapidly make them voting citizens of the United States. The Democrats have been losing what used to be their core demographic: White working class men. They are losing Moderates. They are starting to lose support in the Black, Asian and legal Latino communities. So now the sense of urgency is much greater. Having a massive influx of illegal immigrants turned into voters is the Democratic Party's desperate move for survival.
Let me get this straight. You actually believe that somehow the Democrats managed to convince thousands of Hondurans and Guatemalans to abandon their homes and countries, to flee on foot while starving and surviving in squalid conditions, to try to help a US political party?

Oh man, break out the tinfoil hats!

Trump actually has an opportunity here. If he put together a refugee program where he vets each family who wants to immigrate into the US, and provide a path to citizenship for them, they would vote REPUBLICAN.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 02:35 PM

42,748 posts, read 25,957,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There are videos and pictures of large trucks delivering water and food to them — some say it’s from the Mexican churches. Hmmmm....I hope some journalist will do an in-depth expose on all this.

I am wondering where are 7,000 people sleeping every night?
And worse, where and what are they using for bathrooms???!
Watch TV and you wouldn't be here posing silly questions like that. Yes charities give these people food and so do local residents. Every major news station has embedded reporters and I'm sure if George Soros was there handing out tacos it would be on Fox. The ones I saw on TV were sleeping on cardboard under some kind of bridge or overpass, where do you think they sleep, in the Hilton?

Old 10-23-2018, 02:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,167,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There are videos and pictures of large trucks delivering water and food to them — some say it’s from the Mexican churches. Hmmmm....I hope some journalist will do an in-depth expose on all this.

I am wondering where are 7,000 people sleeping every night?
And worse, where and what are they using for bathrooms???!
MSNBC took up Trump's challenge to investigate the middle of the crowd. He claimed there were mideasterners and gang members.

So they went into the crowd and talked to people and guess what? Trump was lying.

Your president was lying to our country as he does on a daily basis. I'd rather have that investigated, then where people 2,500 miles away are going to the bathroom.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:40 PM
exm

3,704 posts, read 1,752,515 times
They should have the military with ICE agents embedded at a 100 mile stretch near the area where this caravan arrives. Military trucks on standby. Anyone crosses the border illegally will be loaded into a military truck, who will drive to a military airport where C-17s are waiting to fly them back to their home country under the expedited removal process.

THAT is how you handle this.

The people that come through a port of entry need to be processed normally, but with the large number of people in this caravan it might take months for them to be able to talk to a border agent. If they step one foot across the border illegally? See above.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:41 PM
exm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
MSNBC took up Trump's challenge to investigate the middle of the crowd. He claimed there were mideasterners and gang members.

So they went into the crowd and talked to people and guess what? Trump was lying.

Your president was lying to our country as he does on a daily basis. I'd rather have that investigated, then where people 2,500 miles away are going to the bathroom.

SURE and you believe MSNBC reporting? They probably waited for the 'right group of people' and rolled the cameras. Let me guess: you saw a lot of mothers with children?

Old 10-23-2018, 02:44 PM

702 posts, read 536,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Let me guess: you saw a lot of mothers with children?

Oh my god.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:48 PM

42,748 posts, read 25,957,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
They should have the military with ICE agents embedded at a 100 mile stretch near the area where this caravan arrives. Military trucks on standby. Anyone crosses the border illegally will be loaded into a military truck, who will drive to a military airport where C-17s are waiting to fly them back to their home country under the expedited removal process.
THAT is how you handle this.
The people that come through a port of entry need to be processed normally, but with the large number of people in this caravan it might take months for them to be able to talk to a border agent. If they step one foot across the border illegally? See above.
And there are a number of laws that would need to be changed to make what you want legal and I sure don't see the Republicans pushing for changes to immigration law, do you?

Old 10-23-2018, 02:48 PM

1,673 posts, read 568,429 times
This is what the government of the US supports in Honduras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMOVmPWqB1s

Old 10-23-2018, 02:51 PM
exm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And there are a number of laws that would need to be changed to make what you want legal and I sure don't see the Republicans pushing for changes to immigration law, do you?

Not at all. Do your homework.

President Trump’s January 25, 2017, executive order directs the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to dramatically expand the use of “expedited removal.” Created in 1996, expedited removal is a process by which low-level immigration officers can quickly deport certain noncitizens who are undocumented or have committed fraud or misrepresentation. Since 2004, immigration officials have used expedited removal to deport individuals who arrive at our border, as well as individuals who entered without authorization if they are apprehended within two weeks of arrival and within 100 miles of the Canadian or Mexican border.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:56 PM

46,194 posts, read 26,880,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
ammo. lol.

How: By giving them food, water, and shelter.
Whom: The people in the areas they're moving through
Why: Because they're not subhuman

Any more questions Watson?

Really, they are just giving gas away, food, and shelter away....these are the same people that make $4 a day?....LOL....

Because I don't want flag burning America haters here...make me subhuman? Seems you fit the bill pretty good....subhuman.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies