Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 12:39 AM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Maybe they DID arrest them and there is no evidence of WHEN the Guatemalans did arrest them from the carvan. In fact proof says it was BEFORE the caravan. But that don't mean there are terrorists in there or not right now. Trump, Pence and Sanders are doubling down on it and a later post shows you are not even sure about it.
On Oct 11, 2018, the Guatemalan president claimed that terrorists were arrested and that they and the group they were in were from the caravan. The msm is poo-pooing it because at that particular time the main body of the caravan was still in Honduras, it was probably a caravan splinter group that was in Guatemala, ahead of the main caravan. The msm is ignoring that a splinter group from the caravan is still a part of that caravan no matter how many miles separate them. Not every one travels at the same speed, which is why a fairly large caravan splinter group was at our border, more than a thousand miles away from the main group, and trying to illegally enter - this past Sunday.

"There is another issue I’d like to mention. We have arrested almost 100 people highly linked to terrorist groups, specifically ISIS. We have not only detained them in our territory, they have also been deported to their countries of origin. All of you here have information to that effect."
https://www.state.gov/secretary/rema.../10/286571.htm

Quote:
So which is it? Are you saying there were or are you backtracking because you know it was a lie?
Huh? My response was to that poster about msnbc lying, if msnbc wasn't lying ,then, it was someone else ...

Quote:
OK so they give false information and claim they aren't in a gang and there is no paperwork to prove such so they are granted asylum. These people are vetted during the process.
I realize this is aimed at another poster, but this is my thinking on the terrorists, etc..... they aren't going to stand up and say "hey, I'm a mid east terrorist" and if asked they'd probably deny it, too. The same with anyone of them that may belong with a gang, be a murderer, etc. You can go into the crowd and ask questions all day long but they aren't going to cop to squat. So, that means you cannot say for a fact that there are no terrorists in the group or that there currently is terrorists in that group .. but you can say that it does appear that there may have been terrorists in the caravan(those that were arrested in Guatemala). I don't know if there are 'currently' any terrorists still in the caravan, but, it stands to reason that where there's a hundred terrorists then there's probably more. Even IF there are, it's looking doubtful that they will now get through once they reach our border, since everyone (BP. military, etc) is now on alert.

Most don't have paperwork. Seems they are vetting 'now', not so much during the obama admin. His "Lean & Lite" vetting program meant most were not vetted and the rest were barely vetted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 02:55 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Due to the Caravan situation, I should imagine Trump will now do much better in the Mid-Terms, that he will build his wall and if these caravans continue he will have a much better chance of securing a second term in 2020.

That's just my opinion, as I can't see the American people putting up with this.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:43 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
The news media that is covering this caravan is making it sound like its mostly women and children, when its most definitely not. There are large groups of men. the media could be honest about it. I mean visually we can see them marching in the streets and sitting on the trucks. Stop lying to us and telling us the sob story that this group is mainly women/children.
The democrats and their corrupt media are also saying that this is a “humanitarian crisis.”
BS.
This caravan of criminal invaders is the consequence of decades of America rewarding illegal migration into our country.....

Old 10-24-2018, 03:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
No use trying. The Dems will be on the side of anything that opposes Trump even if it hurts this country. He could find the cure for cancer and they still would find a reason to bash him. What it all comes down to is they just cannot accept the fact that they lost. I could not stand the 8 years I endured under Barry. Never once did I take to the streets and protest. Instead I wished him success and wanted our country to prosper. I never once wanted him to fail because I love my country. However, most Dems would rather see America fail and wish for it's demise just because they didn't get their way. To me that is a mental illness.
This is a nice summary of what has happened over the past two years.
The left can't accept that they nominated a criminal, and that the criminal lost the election.
They never took a good look at the situation, and said, gee, maybe Crooked Hillary really is that bad of a human and was that bad of a candidate. Maybe Trump was voted in because he's not a politician and maybe Trump has it right on some issues. No, instead, they doubled down on things and invented Russian Collusion as the reason that things happened the way they did.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:48 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Considering the majority feel this so called caravan will benefit Republicans, why aren't Dems doing something to disperse this mob?
It is much like how we got Trump. The media and/or puppet masters of the left wing variety gave Trump an unfair, unprecedented level of coverage or behind the scenes support during the Republican primary run up. People like Bill Clinton John Oliver blatantly encouraged him to run as a Republican. But, they did such a good job of it that once they got to the general election they couldn’t stop the momentum. This is no different - once these people have been convinced they would be better off in America, once they started leading them, once they whipped them into a frenzy, once they convinced formally neutral parties on the sidelines they should support them in their righteous journey, they created a movement. Movements often grow beyond their original creators’ original intent, sometimes creating the exact opposite effect intended; this is especially true when there isn’t a clear leader or creator that is considered its face and legitimate voice. They can’t disperse the mob because the mob doesn’t realize they are supposed to be listening to them.

Apparently they never had Mrs. Canter for English in high school to make them read and discuss the implications of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein; they didn’t have driven into their heads not to create monsters because eventually you won’t be able to control them and they even may end up killing you.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:52 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
The problem is many democrats - not all - show all this empathy because the money to sustain these people is not coming out of their wallets alone - but out of everyone else's. Were there an additional tax people had to pay to feed, clothe and house them - so as to allow open borders - the dems would be first in line protesting - because they can't afford to have anymore coming out of their paychecks.

The people who scream the most here aren't out anything. They are not suggesting they'll house and feed these families. Make sure they obey the laws or even donate to the organizations that supposedly help these people. They sit behind their computer screens arguing for admittance of these illegals but never lift a finger in support. So save me your crocodile tears.

I've been watching various news stations and see the gold changes, cell phones, under armour and Nike clothing. Many of these people are simply activists that are promoting this journey of thousands at a risk to those peoples own health and lives.

We defend our country as we would from any invasion - with force - this Democrat only believes in legal immigration and do not support any of this outlandish activity by the party. That's why Democrats are losing folks - you still don't get it!! We don't want to be social justice warriors anymore - we want to clean up this country and help those already here that need it - Vets, the elderly ect...

Old 10-24-2018, 05:01 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It is much like how we got Trump. The media and/or puppet masters of the left wing variety gave Trump an unfair, unprecedented level of coverage or behind the scenes support during the Republican primary run up. People like Bill Clinton John Oliver blatantly encouraged him to run as a Republican. But, they did such a good job of it that once they got to the general election they couldn’t stop the momentum. This is no different - once these people have been convinced they would be better off in America, once they started leading them, once they whipped them into a frenzy, once they convinced formally neutral parties on the sidelines they should support them in their righteous journey, they created a movement. Movements often grow beyond their original creators’ original intent, sometimes creating the exact opposite effect intended; this is especially true when there isn’t a clear leader or creator that is considered its face and legitimate voice. They can’t disperse the mob because the mob doesn’t realize they are supposed to be listening to them.

Apparently they never had Mrs. Canter for English in high school to make them read and discuss the implications of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein; they didn’t have driven into their heads not to create monsters because eventually you won’t be able to control them and they even may end up killing you.
Maybe reading Frankenstein in Mrs. Carter's English class is one of the things that has sunk this country.

Maybe the kids should have been given Peter Lynch's book "One Up On Wall Street" instead. You know, so they could learn about money and finance and what makes companies do well or not do well.

Or there are a thousand other good non fiction books as well, books where you learn real world things.

But the puppetmasters who pull the strings DO NOT WANT an informed population. They want dependent voters.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:50 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
It's just insane that ANY American citizen supports this invasion. It really shines a light on the massive problem of mental illness we have in this country and around the world.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Why this current caravan must be aggressively dealt with -

Second Caravan in Guatemala heads towards Mexico

Old 10-24-2018, 06:15 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Why this current caravan must be aggressively dealt with -

Second Caravan in Guatemala heads towards Mexico
And then the 3rd, 6th and 10th will right behind the 2nd.

If they make to the border they should be put on Buses marked Las Angeles. Then take them south till you get to the southern Mexican border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies