Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 06:55 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The democrats and their corrupt media are also saying that this is a “humanitarian crisis.”
BS.
This caravan of criminal invaders is the consequence of decades of America rewarding illegal migration into our country.....
Most are seeking asylum which they are allowed to do by law. As I've said before, if they are seeking asylum, their case they would be let in to have their case heard by a judge who then determines if they stay, wall or no wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 07:03 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Most are seeking asylum which they are allowed to do by law. As I've said before, if they are seeking asylum, their case they would be let in to have their case heard by a judge who then determines if they stay, wall or no wall.
They have to ask for asylum in the FIRST country they enter which is Mexico, not the US.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:04 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,408 times
Quote:
Someone already pointed out, the US did not sign that treaty.

Someone also posted a stat that most of them don't qualify for asylum, something like 70-80% get rejected. Show me that caravan of rejects heading back to their home.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:32 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Someone already pointed out, the US did not sign that treaty.

Someone also posted a stat that most of them don't qualify for asylum, something like 70-80% get rejected. Show me that caravan of rejects heading back to their home.
They still need to run the case by law.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:35 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
They have to ask for asylum in the FIRST country they enter which is Mexico, not the US.
No they don't. In this case Mexico is not considered a "safe third country". The Trump admin has been negotiating with Mexico to develop a safe third country agreement with Mexico like we have with Canada which would require that refugees stop in whichever country they get to first. The primary problem there is that Mexico lacks the capacity to process and provide humanitarian support for a large number of refugees. Only a few thousand apply there every year. In contrast the US processed, hundreds of thousands last year.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:40 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,146 times
Quote:

These people are seeking economic asylum. Unfortunately the current law makes it very hard to turn anyone down who's claiming asylum. The only way to handle this is to stop to influx to a minimum (process 1 person a day?), and arrest and deport anyone who is impatient and crosses the border illegally.

Can't Trump do an Obama 101 and uses his pen and phone? I know there will be inevitable lawsuits but with the new SCOTUS we should be good to go.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
MSNBC took up Trump's challenge to investigate the middle of the crowd. He claimed there were mideasterners and gang members.
I gotta wonder why middle easterners would take the trouble to fly to Guatamala to embark on a 1000 mile walk to Americas border when they could have just taken a plane directly to the USA, As for MS13? they are head quartered in LA and have better resources to move their members around than joining a thousand mile walk to make a political statement.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
You think Soros paid all of this money just so people can get in line and wait patiently? I think you're wrong about that. They'll either enter the country through neighboring states or they'll rush past border patrol on our end.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:28 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I gotta wonder why middle easterners would take the trouble to fly to Guatamala to embark on a 1000 mile walk to Americas border when they could have just taken a plane directly to the USA, As for MS13? they are head quartered in LA and have better resources to move their members around than joining a thousand mile walk to make a political statement.
Read the thread - they're not walking. Those are photo ops. Do the math on walking that kind of mileage and how much progress they're making each day with children and babies.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

There are 17 countries that are classified as MiddleEastern. With the exception of three, people can apply for a tourist visa and fly to JFK. No reason to make endless connecting flights to Guatelmala and then embark on a 1000 mile walk to the US.

Media has pressed the Administration for proof middle easterners comprise a part of the caravan.

Trump ignored the queries.

Pence literally stuttered before mumbling something about how there could be Middle Easterners in the caravan. No proof.

Middle Easterners don’t look like Central Americans.

93% of Guatamalians speak Spanish. The rest speak one or more Mayan languages. How likely is a Middle Easterner to be fluent in Spanish or a Mayan language?

Sounds to me like it’s nothing more than more fabricated red mean for the Trump base. Trump is usually the source of most Trump news.

There is no reasonable way to allow this or any caravan to enter the US because the caravans will persist indefinitely. No reason to fabricate the Middle Eastern angle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies