Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 10:20 AM

20,865 posts, read 9,529,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Yes I read it. Why didn't ALL of them apply? They are being offered jobs and places to stay
Give them time. They still have a LONG way to go, and over time, reality will set in for more and more of them, and they will be too exhausted to want to go any further, and will decide that Mexico is "good enough" and decide to take whatever offer they can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 10:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
So I have a question.

If Mexico's economy/social structure can easily absorb these people, and they're very willing to do it, why can't the US?

Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
I doubt very many of these average people mostly women and children are going to make it on this thousand mile walk. but those that do will be half dead when they arrive and the "lock her up" crowd will have themselves an easy turkey shoot showing the world what a Christian nation America is.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-milita...142800214.html

Including Special Forces units! AWESOME!
Yawn... call me when (dramatic music) Space Force arrives.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I have a question.

If Mexico's economy/social structure can easily absorb these people, and they're very willing to do it, why can't the US?
Because we absorb the Mexicans. They can take the ones from south of their border.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
They rode in buses and trucks etc. from Honduras to Mexico, sometimes making more than 100 miles in a day. Once in Mexico, where they are reported to be walking, they have never gone as FEW as 20 miles in a day, except on rest days. On one day they reportedly covered more than 60 miles. See the chart in the OP.

An Olympic marathoner could do that. I don't think these folks are Olympic marathoners.

What transportation are they using on those long days? Who is providing it, and who is paying for it?
Good questions.

The caravan formed about two weeks ago in San Pedro Sula, Honduras - that's 14 days ago. Traveling at 25 miles per day (which is a good clip -hard to imagine that older people or kids can travel that far every day) it should have taken them abut 24 days to reach the point they're at now in Tapanatepec, Mexico. Instead, and taking several days off to rest, they made it ten days faster than is feasible. They're not walking this entire distance. It's 592 miles from the starting point to where they are today. That's an average of about 42 to 43 miles per day. Please. Kids, people pushing strollers, elderly people - they're not walking 42 miles a day.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:25 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Third migrants’ caravan scheduled to leave El Salvador within the next week

The number of migrants traveling through Mexico could soon reach 10,000

Wednesday, October 24, 2018
A third caravan of migrants is expected to leave Central America within the next week, which could bring the total number of people escaping poverty and violence by making the northward trek to nearly 10,000.

The third wave, believed to have been inspired by the caravan now traveling through Chiapas, is scheduled to leave El Salvador on October 28 and cross the border into via Tecún Umán, Guatemala, according to one report.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/thi...rants-caravan/
Heard the same kind of stuff in the caravan from earlier this year. Only about 200 actually made it to Tijuana in the end. Much ado about nothing. There are far more illegals who are not in caravans who cross everyday. But it keeps the right riled for the mid terms I guess.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:26 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Isnt this what the Militias were created for? Where are they at in all this?
At least one town in Arizona would prefer they stay away.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/border...489605fd4.html

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Exactly my thoughts.

Yes I read it. Why didn't ALL of them apply? They are being offered jobs and places to stay

I read it,it doesn't matter how many turned back etc. If they want a job and a better life the Mexican government is OFFERING IT TO THEM.
They didn't leave one third-world hellhole (Honduras) just to wind up an another third-world hellhole (Mexico).

Their stated intention is to violate the immigration laws of the United States and stay here illegally.

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
They will, possibly already are destroying the economy - they send billions back to their Home Counties yearly, depriving the U.S. economy of monetary circulation and burdening our social services by adding the weight of prolly millions of non/citizens to Medicaid, among other services intended for citizens. They stress the social structure by necessitating special instruction in schools, stressing of police and safety forces due to non-citizen brown-on-brown crime and general gang activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I have a question.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies