Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 12:32 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,421,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Rofl. Most pathetic attempt at shaming others ever.
Since when is sharing Bible verses shaming people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 12:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,468,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Spoiler
Jesus loved all people.

Ah yes, the only time liberals quote the bible.

Here's one:

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

Again - where are YOU in threads about tent cities and the opioid crisis? About Americans (some born here, some not) who have lost their jobs because of illegals? Do you think Jesus only loved people foreign to the area?

We cannot save everyone. We have laws. Our government is taking measures to make sure that what these people did at the Mexican border does not happen at our border.

And you have a problem with that?

Something is seriously wrong with this kind of thinking.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:35 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,457,482 times
Quote:
Since it started being used insincerely by people on internet forums to help posture snarky retorts.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:35 PM

22,287 posts, read 11,790,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b]That is exactly what they intend to do - how did you miss this crucial bit of information?

Why would you illegally deny asylum en masse before hearing their individual cases? Whatever happened to due process and fairness and obeying the law? Or does the actual immigration law not apply when it comes to you, since you advocate breaking it?

Quit falling for Trump's obvious scare tactics - only around 800 people will actually make it to the border, at least half of them will be women and children, and all have stated they plan to go through established channels in applying for asylum.

Why are you so scared of a small bunch of people who want to come here legally to do jobs most Americans refuse?

Did you even read this link that was posted here in this thread?:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/11/01/...s-fact-caravan

"A small bunch of people"? You are out of touch with reality if you believe that. "Jobs most Americans won't do"? You live in a bubble. All those jobs you claim Americans won't do, if you got out of your ivory tower and opened your eyes, you will see it for yourself.

Even in immigrant-heavy cities, you will see Americans cleaning the hotel rooms and working BOH restaurant jobs.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:36 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,421,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Since it started being used insincerely by people on internet forums to help posture snarky retorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Ah yes, the only time liberals quote the bible.
Sorry to burst your little conservative bubbles, but there are lots of Christians who don't tow the GOP line. You can call me liberal if you want to. I don't care about that. But I am a believer and a proud member of the same Southern Baptist church since 1977.

It's a myth to believe there are no left-leaning, God-fearing folks in America.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,468,030 times
Quote:
The only thing more despicable than trying to shame people using a suddenly convenient ploy like religion - is lying about it.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Let's put it this way. If the mightiest country in the world cannot handle several hundred shoeless immigrants, then we got WAY bigger problems than the 'caravan'.

"Shoeless immigrants"? They are not "shoeless". Why do you refuse to look at photos of this caravan? Are you afraid of what you might see because it will kill your whole narrative? They are all properly dressed and well fed. Besides, do you seriously think that they could walk all those miles while barefoot?

Plus, they aren't immigrants. The vast majority won't qualify for asylum. So, if they did breach our border, they would be illegal aliens.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:44 PM

25,404 posts, read 9,687,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Shoeless immigrants"? They are not "shoeless". Why do you refuse to look at photos of this caravan? Are you afraid of what you might see because it will kill your whole narrative? They are all properly dressed and well fed. Besides, do you seriously think that they could walk all those miles while barefoot?

Plus, they aren't immigrants. The vast majority won't qualify for asylum. So, if they did breach our border, they would be illegal aliens.
Didn't realize you worked for Homeland Security to know so much about these migrants.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Matthew 25:35-40 New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Spoiler
Jesus loved all people.
Jesus also told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his.

Try again.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:48 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,664,722 times
It’s not immigration, it’s an invasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies