Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 10:21 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I see you're doubling down on the asinine posts.

I can see why you vehemently defend illegal immigration if you're defending that picture. Doesn't make sense either way.
Another note from a right winger who is unable to read. I have always and consistently made it clear I oppose illegal immigration.

I want to fix it rather than the right wing view of leaving it alone and complaining.

You are not going to change birth right citizenship.

You are not going to change employment laws to the point it would make a difference.

You are not going to be able to suspend the rights of aliens, illegal or not.

And so far the right has declined to pursue the real risk today the over stayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 11:23 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exchange 'sanity' for 'caravan' and I would agree.
^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
There's nothing sane about Democrats in the last 2018.
^^^^This

Old 11-06-2018, 11:27 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Once again, you have no clue what the Democrats want - OTHER than what the Lyin POTUS tells you.

Maybe read a newspaper every now and again or just watch a debate for yourself.
Which "newspaper" do you recommend?

It's clear that democrats want open borders and amnesty for illegals. If they don't want that, then why fight tooth and nail for it?

BTW, it's easy to see this^^^^from reading newspapers. Not only that, when I write to my dem senators about this issue, when they respond it's clear that they want amnesty and open borders.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:30 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Once again, you have no clue what the Democrats want - OTHER than what the Lyin POTUS tells you.

Maybe read a newspaper every now and again or just watch a debate for yourself.
Maybe you should do the same! I advise everyone to read the comments below these stories. The one on Yahoo this morning showed that a lot more Americans are upset and concerned - no matter their party - than the news outlets or liberals here want you to think.

People especially like the one caravan member they talked to - 30ish gentlemen with his 30ish pregnant wife and 2 daughters coming to America because his job doesn't pay enough to feed his family. The comments - many from those who identified as Democrats included - the fact he should have thought about how he was going to provide for them before knocking her up yet again, to Maybe if he and she had taken the money they spent on tattoos and used that to feed their families - he wouldn't have to move - to - he can't afford to support his family but he has the latest cell phone.

Not all Democrats - and I'm going to say a good majority of us do not support illegal immigration - but all you hear about is those that do. The party fails to see that those of us - mostly older - have learned thru experience - that you just can't help everyone. Would we like to yes - in a perfect world - but this is not a perfect world and we have to help our own citizens before we help others who aren't citizens of this great country.

The media makes a blanket statement about Trump, Republicans or Democrats and some fools actually believe it! That shows a lack of confidence in being able to decide for themselves what they believe.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:32 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Another note from a right winger who is unable to read. I have always and consistently made it clear I oppose illegal immigration.

I want to fix it rather than the right wing view of leaving it alone and complaining.

You are not going to change employment laws to the point it would make a difference.

And so far the right has declined to pursue the real risk today the over stayer.
lvmench - back at you because Dems have had the opportunity to correct these problems multiple times and haven't - so both parties are at fault - you can't lay all the blame on the Republicans.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:13 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Which "newspaper" do you recommend?

It's clear that democrats want open borders and amnesty for illegals. If they don't want that, then why fight tooth and nail for it?

BTW, it's easy to see this^^^^from reading newspapers. Not only that, when I write to my dem senators about this issue, when they respond it's clear that they want amnesty and open borders.
NOBODY wants open borders. People on the right keep saying this but can't cite anything that claims it.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:17 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

That's cool of you to call me a right winger for some reason, totally adds merit to your comments. My views on illegal immigration have nothing to do with a political party.

You know what I don't hear from you, that illegal immigration is wrong and bad for the country. All I hear is giving up and whining "well what about this or that". Ok, you want to change the definition of words to right a wrong for those already here, where is the outrage to actually stop illegal immigration? "Yes but right wingers haven't done anything" what is the left doing besides whining and pointing fingers.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:21 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
NOBODY wants open borders. People on the right keep saying this but can't cite anything that claims it.
http://media.breitbart.com/media/201...PM-640x480.jpg

Old 11-06-2018, 01:03 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That. Is. One. Man. Seriously? You really need to listen to somebody else besides Breitbart and Trump.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Exchange 'sanity' for 'caravan' and I would agree.
Then it would say “the sanity” and that just wouldn’t be grammatically correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies