Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 06:28 AM

62,726 posts, read 28,927,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What kind of president sends his troops to bully small children with tear gas? And this could be a major turning-point in Trump's pretense at being a chief executive.

Oh stop with the melodramatics! What was the Border Patrol to do when their parents started throwing rocks and bottles at them? Not our fault that they dragged their kids into this. Trump did not send troops to the border to bully children. He sent them there to stop the adults from illegally entering our country and to protect the lives of the Border Patrol from attack. Geez, get a grip! All this concern for foreigners trying to crash our border and no concern for our own citizens and their children. If only we could deport people like you and yours to the banana republic of their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 06:30 AM

62,726 posts, read 28,927,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Seriously. I’ve avoided making any personal commentary in this thread, but the idea that troops went out of their way to chase down and pepper spray children is just so ludicrous and stupid that it couldn’t go without comment. People who think this way need sharp objects removed from their presence.

Please provide a link denoting that the troops went out of their way to chase down and paper spray children specifically.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,482,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please provide a link denoting that the troops went out of their way to chase down and paper spray children specifically.
Get your head on straight. I’m quoting C-D poster Steve McDonald, who claims on the previous page that they did.

I’m smart enough to know that that did not happen.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:39 AM

50,153 posts, read 46,802,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What kind of president sends his troops to bully small children with tear gas? And this could be a major turning-point in Trump's pretense at being a chief executive.
What kind of morons attempts to bum rush a border lined with troops. They charged not the BP. They think they don't have to wait to come in. Wrong answer.

What do they think is waiting for them? A free house and food like they are getting in TJ? Nope, they will be instantly on our homeless count.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:42 AM

11,930 posts, read 6,519,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Here’s a better question: what kind of parent brings children with them to attempt a violent invasion of a country they aren’t a citizen of? I’m much more critical of them than I am people lawfully doing their jobs.
This ^^^

These parents are purposely endangering their children and then teaching these children it’s a positive thing to disrespect another country’s laws. These irresponsible parents are NOT the type of criminal, law-breaking immigrants we need here.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:52 AM

16,757 posts, read 8,177,783 times
Trump has created this problem and now cannot figure out how to fix it.

Our country starting to look like 3rd world nation. All because Trump is a bigot.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:54 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,046,420 times
The several reports , CNN CBS, AP and so forth, I have read have said the border patrol, not troops shot tear gas, after the 500 or so broke away from a Mexican-side demonstration, attempting to cross illegally into the United States and threw bottles and stones at the border patrol agents guarding the border. Only then was the tear gas shot.

Please find an article, any article citing troops. Pure fantasy. These are not noble people trying to non-violently enter through a legal U.S. port of entry.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 AM

10,019 posts, read 9,472,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Our country starting to look like 3rd world nation. All because Trump is a bigot.
Say what?

Old 11-26-2018, 07:07 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,134,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This could be the turning point of Trump's presidency. This is his ugliest blunder since taking office.

The children had no say so in the matter. They didnt choose to be there. And they got gassed.

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...64552653070336

Why do you people never put the blame on the parents that led their children to a place and attempted to illegally enter when this outcome was predictable? Any further aliens who bring their kids to this situation in the days ahead should be declared unfit parents and their custody terminated.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:14 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Why do you people never put the blame on the parents that led their children to a place and attempted to illegally enter when this outcome was predictable? Any further aliens who bring their kids to this situation in the days ahead should be declared unfit parents and their custody terminated.
Not only that, but I've learned thru FB, that they can post any picture they want off the internet....to push their agenda.....

I've seen those, stupid, share if you agree, or I bet I won't get one share....bull crap....they post a picture of some military vet, or use any picture off the internet to gain your sympathy so you like and share, and then they can get into your privet information and your friends.

I totally agree.....totally, and still we have military vets who are homeless....sheeesh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies