Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 10:42 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I know they are all neo-conservatives killers who are obsessed with destruction, slaughter, and war, but they don't even think their positions through.

This guys dream is to destabilize the ME and Iran and leave SA in control: https://www.commentarymagazine.com/f...-saudi-arabia/

Now the tactics they used here have so many falsities it's incomprehensible. First they claim Khashoggi had pro-Hamas friends. ok. That also means SA is pro-Hamas because Khashoggi was an insider close to the royal family.

Then he says Khashoggi was a terrorist for fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan. What's the problem, those same terrorists (along with OBL) where funded by Reagan, the great American patriot.

Everywhere you turn these neo-conservative psychopaths who hide themselves as intelligent individuals like Shapiro, Shohrab, Rothman, etc. are just dedicated to war and death.

They say we need SA to fight Iran, but then they are conceding the fight with Iran is not a moral one (evil Iran, good America). These falsities keep going and yet somehow these people don't even blink when they say it.

1. nobody is jumping to defend anyone

2. there is no evidence the "journalist" is dead, just disappeared

3. there is no evidence as of yet, that SA was involved, this could very well be a falseflag radical turkey
https://www.meforum.org/articles/201...-american-ally

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/doug-..._13719022.html

4. the so-called journalist was a liberals who was pushing for more "arab-spring" and for islam to take over the world

5. the crown prince is trying to push westernization through out SA , so that SA has some standing in the world.

6 OBL refused the help of the USA against Russia

so the question for the islam loving american liberal leftists, is why the kneejerk reactions, instead of waiting on this to be investigated????

Old 10-21-2018, 10:42 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, by your standards, we should be perfectly willing to sell weapons to the likes of the Taliban and ISIS no matter what they do just as long as they've got the $$$, right?
We did during the Soviet-Afghan War. We had zero care the character of those people, as so long as they were anti-Soviet, that is all the US cared about. The US rather have a oppressive Islamic government resulting in numerous deaths and the severe oppression of millions, than a more tolerant, less oppressive, communist/Soviet aligned government.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:43 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You do realize quite a difference exists between starting a war and calling the Saudi's explanation as 'credible' and then questioning it but still praise the Crown Prince?
well, I am simply asking for a solution. No more/less.

Don't read TOO MUCH into my words. I am ONLY saying I cannot find any good guy over there in ME, in my opinion, Saudi killed this journalist. (this is NOTHING but an opinion) But I don't want this to be a reason for a war (figure of speech). If you choose to read too much into it, there is nothing else I can do.

Like I posted earlier, American government probably should come up with a good system to protect journalists visiting, traveling, living, working abroad. This seems to be reasonable expectation.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In the ideal world, yes, I would agree with you.

Do you not believe we can only move towards the ideal world by doing the 'right' thing rather than the most expedient or the most profitable?

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
This whole Saudi deal is a national disgrace. Trump is going to find a way to weasel out of holding them accountable, and sweep it under the carpet.

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
The biggest problem one has when they declare to the world they are Christian is behaving like they are.

Invading Iraq when we knew full well 9-11 was financed and done by Saudis was also a disgrace. If we are RR shining light on a hill, it is time to start acting like it.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Do you not believe we can only move towards the ideal world by doing the 'right' thing rather than the most expedient or the most profitable?
I honestly don't know the point you are trying to make. I honestly do not think ANYBODY here have a good solution.

Like I said, my heart goes out to this journalist. He is somebody I certainly respect. What else do you want?

Old 10-21-2018, 10:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
We did during the Soviet-Afghan War. We had zero care the character of those people, as so long as they were anti-Soviet, that is all the US cared about. The US rather have a oppressive Islamic government resulting in numerous deaths and the severe oppression of millions, than a more tolerant, less oppressive, communist/Soviet aligned government.

I believe that to be a direct descendant of McCarthyism. It seems every time the Soviets take a position on anything we feel compelled to take the opposing position and fight another asinine proxy war if necessary with little/no concern for what those positions actually represent.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I believe that to be a direct descendant of McCarthyism. It seems every time the Soviets take a position on anything we feel compelled to take the opposing position and fight another asinine proxy war if necessary with little/no concern for what those positions actually represent.
well just like everything happened in this country. A lot of talk, no solution.

Just like gun violence, what is the solution? This country is owned by special interest group, unless we change the entire system, nothing will ever change no matter who is the president.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:54 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I am simply asking for a solution. No more/less.

Don't read TOO MUCH into my words. I am ONLY saying I cannot find any good guy over there in ME, in my opinion, Saudi killed this journalist. (this is NOTHING but an opinion) But I don't want this to be a reason for a war (figure of speech). If you choose to read too much into it, there is nothing else I can do.

Like I posted earlier, American government probably should come up with a good system to protect journalists visiting, traveling, living, working abroad. This seems to be reasonable expectation.

Should we be calling the Saudi explanation credible and then when we back track on that statement still praise the Saudi Crown Prince?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies