Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is right about the House, Rush Limbaugh or the "experts" who have been promoting the &
Rush is right, Republicans will win the House 31 67.39%
We have to "believe" the "experts" who are predicting the Democrats will win the House ("Blue wave") 15 32.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 12:53 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Rush Limbaugh is predicting that the Republicans will hold the House and make gains in the Senate.

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh predicts GOP will hold House, make gains in Senate

Rush Limbaugh, in an exclusive interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, predicted Republicans will hold both houses of Congress next month – defying the Washington wisdom that Nancy Pelosi is in line for speaker.

“We hold the House and increase the Senate,” the conservative talk radio host predicted in an interview set to air Thursday night on Fox News' "Hannity" at 9 p.m. ET.

He added, “I think the Democrat Party deserves to lose in the biggest single electoral landslide defeat in my lifetime because of the actions they’ve taken just in the last month.”
Obviously this contradicts the "Blue wave" talking points being promoted by the same Democrat left "experts" that predicted Hillary Clinton would destroy Trump in November 2016.

So, we are 19 days from election day. Who is right, Rush, or the Democrat left, mass-media "Experts"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 12:55 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Rush Limbaugh is a tool.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:55 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Rush must be poppin' the pills again! This time, he's moved on to the hallucinogenics! Timothy Leary Rush!

Old 10-18-2018, 01:04 PM

13,938 posts, read 5,615,884 times
The Republicans will very likely hold the majority in both chambers of Congress.

I expect a loss of a few GOP seats in the House, and a gain of 1-2 GOP seats in the Senate, with both holding GOP majorities.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:26 PM

And any seat lost by the GOP, even if they retain the majorities, will be trumpeted from the rooftops as clear Democrat victory.

Bank on that.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:32 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Meh, when I used to play internet poker for a bit, I would always go with the numbers. Sometimes it wouldn't work out but I still won more than I lost. Likewise, my political predictions follow composites of "the numbers", they are not ALWAYS right (then we wouldn't be talking about probabilities, we would be talking about certainties) but they are right more often than they are wrong - and, like in poker, I am careful not to allow outlier events to change my perception of the actual numeric odds(a behavior known as selection bias).

A good gambler knows that beating the odds one time is no guarantee that it will happen again, and plays accordingly.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:35 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Rush Limbaugh is predicting that the Republicans will hold the House and make gains in the Senate.
The man is entitled to his opinion, but he is well known to be a shill for the Republicans. His own goal (besides expanding his listening audience) is to firm up the 'base' and promote the Republican agenda.

So there is a paradox here. People do not want to hear negative comments, they tune out when they are repeatedly presented with prospects they don't want to hear. If they are encouraged, they will keep listening.

Frankly, I think the Republican party would get better results by alarming his radio audience out of complacency, the more comfortable people feel about the outcome, the less likely it is they will take the time out to go and vote.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:36 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Rush Limbaugh. Who let him back in. The " death penalty " for addicts....guess who s caught with illegal RX drugs at the airport. Addict? Dont listen to him. He s another hypocrite.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Meh, when I used to play internet poker for a bit, I would always go with the numbers. Sometimes it wouldn't work out but I still won more than I lost. Likewise, my political predictions follow composites of "the numbers", they are not ALWAYS right (then we wouldn't be talking about probabilities, we would be talking about certainties) but they are right more often than they are wrong - and, like in poker, I am careful not to allow outlier events to change my perception of the actual numeric odds(a behavior known as selection bias).

A good gambler knows that beating the odds one time is no guarantee that it will happen again, and plays accordingly.
A fine, reasoned response. I too check the numbers, and did before I posted earlier. If you remove obvious polling bias, and then examine the methodology of each poll to remove any further bias, and adjust current numbers, the Republicans lose like 2-3 seats in the House and gain 1-2 in the Senate.

Also, since 2004, election polling has been getting less accurate over time, so margin of error has increased every election cycle, culminating with the "based on the polls, there's no way she can lose" 2016 election.

We'll see next month I guess.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Obviously this contradicts the "Blue wave" talking points being promoted by the same Democrat left "experts" that predicted Hillary Clinton would destroy Trump in November 2016.

So, we are 19 days from election day. Who is right, Rush, or the Democrat left, mass-media "Experts"?

That should make the GOP nervous because Rush Limbaugh is rarely right on anything. Just about everything he predicted turned out to the wrong. Even his football predictions are often wrong, let alone something more complicated like politics.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies