Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 06:53 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What she did was hideous. But I wasn't aware she was running for office.

Whats it matter?

Old 10-20-2018, 07:03 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,171 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And the crowd cheered.

“Any guy that can do a body slam, he’s my kind of — he’s my guy,” Trump said as he openly praised Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-Mont.) for assaulting a reporter last year.

This, may I add, as the world is watching the events surrounding the gruesome murder of a reporter.

Shameful!

The reporter although American was working for the British Guardian Newspaper and Trump's comments have been widely condemned including by the British Government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian

The British government has joined press freedom advocates and journalists in expressing dismay and disgust with Donald Trump’s remarks at a rally, where he praised the unprovoked assault on a Guardian US journalist by the state’s congressman, Greg Gianforte.'He's my guy': Donald Trump praises Gianforte for assault on Guardian reporter.

At the Republican rally in Montana on Thursday night, the president lauded and made jokes about the violent attack by Gianforte, when he was a candidate, on the Guardian’s political reporter Ben Jacobs in 2017.

A spokeswoman for the British prime minister, Theresa May, when asked about the president’s remarks, said on Friday: “Any violence or intimidation against a journalist is completely unacceptable.”

UK joins chorus of disapproval after Trump praises assault on Guardian reporter - The Guardian

Old 10-20-2018, 07:10 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Trump seems to advocate a culture of violence especially against his critics. Unfortunately it works both ways and there are unforeseen consequences.

Trump Wants violence against journalist. Well thats what he got in Saudi Arabia, Yet he praises them for the millions he made off of them. Trump is all about greed, ego and money. If you think different, you dont understand this type. Thats your hero.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
FAKE NEWS!!!
Actually, at the time of the incident, and the arrest, Gianforte was NOT a "congresscritter". The election had not yet been held.
Again, that reporter STATED he was "bodyslammed", but he actually wasn't. He was pushed away, and fell down, pulling Gianforte down with him. IMO, it was a deliberate set-up to make Gianforte look bad.
Yes, many of us Montana voters voted FOR Gianforte because he tried to put an obnoxious reporter in his place: Out the door!

Some of us voted for him again this year. I hope there are enough of us to ensure he remains in office.
There was a time when physical violence perpetuated by a candidate would be disqualifying.

But, in the age of Trump, assaulting a member of the press is reason to celebrate.

A deliberate set-up, LOL. All criminal Gianforte had to do was say - no comment.

It kind of puts a damper on Dump accusing Democrats advocating violence when HE goes out and advocates violence and his lemmings agree.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:53 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Trump yanks the miserable libs chain about once a week and they go nutz every time.....LOL.....they haven't got the joke yet and they never will...

A joke...a JOKE? Really. This is all one big joke to Trump, to you? If that isn't the very definition of infantile, what is it? This is about the Constitutional ideals of this country, not some stupid frat boy prank. Is he not able to take the job seriously?

And, yes, I'm a lib; and I have concerns about our government. When our president vilifies the press to the point of praising violence toward them, it bothers me. That is not how someone who has the honor of representing our country should behave. I expect better because we are better than that. That's what all of you don't understand. I love my country and it hurts to see this behavior.

So, a joke, huh? Is it worth the joke to further split us apart, to make us the laughingstock of the world? You all take glee in the possibility that something bothers those you don't agree with politically, and that's just pathetic. Pathetic, sad, childish. It's like Trump stuck everyone in puberty.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:59 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

The reporter although American was working for the British Guardian Newspaper and Trump's comments have been widely condemned including by the British Government.

More FAKE NEWS!
There was no video of the altercation. There were a number of people in the room at the time, including a Fox news crew. Those two actors are alone in that room! FAKE!!
The fact that the Guardian and the British Government defends the actions of the reporter who instigated the incident after trespassing on Gianforte's press conference, claiming "Freedom of the Press", IMO shows the true character of the newspaper and the government official(s).
Perhaps their LACK of character would be more accurate.
Pot, meet Kettle...

Old 10-20-2018, 08:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Journalists expressed disgust with Donald Trump’s remarks at a rally Thursday night in Montana, where he praised and joked about the unprovoked assault on a Guardian U.S. journalist by the state’s congressman, Greg Gianforte.
Related: 'He's my guy': Donald Trump praises Gianforte for assault on Guardian reporter
“Gianforte is a criminal. He pled guilty to [assault]. The president is congratulating a criminal on committing a crime,” said New York Times correspondent Binyamin Appelbaum.
Dismayed journalists condemn Trump for praising assault on Guardian reporter

You know he is loving what happened to Khashoggi. Trump is an EVIL,VILE SUBHUMAN, and all the press should boycott him and refuse to cover him. Then we would all be free of the NUT-JOB, because he would have a MELTDOWN!

The man is simply a pig. No amount of trying to find something good about him will ever overshadow the fact that he is about the lowest human on the planet. You can put him in his $5000 suits, and he is still dumb as a rock, ignorant, and really messed up in the head.

Aside from that, he is probably ok.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But isn't it true that the reporter harassed and antagonized the guy until he snapped?

I don't find this to be an interesting story.

Perhaps the reporter will use better interpersonal skills in the future so as not to provoke subjects into physical assaults?

GREAT job of defending the snowflakes and telling us that when some one says baaaaaaaaaaaad things about them they should have carte blanche to retaliate with physical violence.

And the LYING hypocrites allege it's the left that condones and incites violence.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
More FAKE NEWS!
There was no video of the altercation. There were a number of people in the room at the time, including a Fox news crew. Those two actors are alone in that room! FAKE!!
The fact that the Guardian and the British Government defends the actions of the reporter who instigated the incident after trespassing on Gianforte's press conference, claiming "Freedom of the Press", IMO shows the true character of the newspaper and the government official(s).
Perhaps their LACK of character would be more accurate.
Pot, meet Kettle...
Yes, and they filmed it.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But isn't it true that the reporter harassed and antagonized the guy until he snapped?

I don't find this to be an interesting story.

Perhaps the reporter will use better interpersonal skills in the future so as not to provoke subjects into physical assaults?

Yes, that IS true!
The reporter was trespassing (entered a room uninvited and unwanted: Trespass!).
The reporter shoved a recorder into the candidate's face, and demanded that his question be answered.
The candidate told the reporter to come back later, he was busy at the moment.
the reporter continued to demand that the candidate answer the question.
the candidate told the reporter to talk to a staffer about the issue.
the reporter continued to badger the candidate.
the candidate told the reporter "Get the hell out of here!"
the reporter apparently touched the candidate, at which time the candidate shoved the reporter away, and again shouted at him "Get the hell out of here!"
The reporter fell down, pulling the candidate with him, while screaming "You body slammed me, and broke my glasses!"
The candidate did not file trespassing or assault charges against the reporter (I think he should have), but instead plead guilty to assaulting the reporter and accepted the judgement of the court, to make the incident go away. He even apologized in public to the reporter for an incident that the reporter caused!
I believe that the candidate showed a great deal of strength of character, and the reporter showed an amazing lack of strength of character.
I also believe the candidate reacted in a wrong manner. He should have grabbed the reporter by the collar and the seat of the pants and thrown him out of the room, then slammed the door!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies