Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 03:56 PM

1,733 posts, read 945,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Its his congress and senate party in the majority.
He could pass all sorts of tjimgs without a single Democrat. So why doesnt he?

Nice deflection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 03:57 PM

23,836 posts, read 14,963,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
It's absolutely NOT a minor issue. I'm not sure where you're from but it's a major problem here in Texas. Illegal immigrants stealing identities, driving vehicles without licenses/insurance, causing crime. Just turn on the news here in Texas and you'll hear a story regarding illegal migrants every day.
Where do they get the jobs to buy the cars?

Old 10-21-2018, 03:59 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You call a loss of jobs, reduced wages, added crime, overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods a small problem? Not to mention that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year?

Illegal immigrants do not cost us $100 billion a year. That figure is grossly inflated. And they rarely commit violent crimes either. The GOP's obsession with illegal immigrants is based in the fact that they have no accomplishments to bring to the table. So they demonize someone else as being the cause of "the problem."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

These greedy employers have no right to hire them and Trump and the GOP have been pushing e-verify for years while the Democrats opposed it. Why is that? Trump has also resumed the workplace raids that Obama stopped.

We don't jail parents with their kids, duh. These parents were told that if they entered our country illegally they would be incarcerated and separated from their kids but they did so anyway so just who's to blame here?
Democrats have never opposed e-verify. That is false. And it is wrong to jail innocent children in internment camps indefinitely no matter what their parents have or have not done.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Its his congress and senate party in the majority.
He could pass all sorts of tjimgs without a single Democrat. So why doesnt he?
The GOP's corporate masters would never allow it.

Illegal immigration = corporate welfare.

We all know how that works.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:16 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Independents don't seem to think it is their number one priority. Jobs, healthcare, and rising wages ALL take precedence over immigration in the polls.

Republicans are laser-focused on immigration; but that does not mean everyone is.

That said, I like Beto O'Rourke's idea. Instead of spending all our money on middle-east never-ending WARS, why can't we help places like Guatemala to improve their infrastructure and THEIR economy so their people wont want to keep leaving to come here.

I like it.
Yeah, forcing us at gunpoint to pay the bleephole country is a brilliant idea!

Old 10-21-2018, 04:17 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The GOP's corporate masters would never allow it.

Illegal immigration = corporate welfare.

We all know how that works.

Not remotely true!

Illegal immigration = more Democraps = fast lane to become a bleephole country

Old 10-21-2018, 04:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not remotely true!

You really can't see the forest for the trees, can you?

Old 10-21-2018, 04:22 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Illegal immigrants do not cost us $100 billion a year. That figure is grossly inflated. And they rarely commit violent crimes either. The GOP's obsession with illegal immigrants is based in the fact that they have no accomplishments to bring to the table. So they demonize someone else as being the cause of "the problem."

Democrats have never opposed e-verify. That is false. And it is wrong to jail innocent children in internment camps indefinitely no matter what their parents have or have not done.

Oh yes they do! The link I have provided in the past many times explains how it arrives at that number with sources to back it up.

We should all as patriotic Americans care about the negative impact on our own citizens of illegal immigration and a porous border where even terrorists and criminals can get through. Is that what you call an "obsession"? Whether or not they commit violent crimes isn't the bottom line issue. They are here in violation of our immigration laws and they do take American jobs, reduce wages, overcrowd our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods. They also commit felony ID theft.

I have no idea what you mean by the GOP not accomplishing anything or what it has to do with illegal immigration as Trump is fighting to do something about it and that's why he was elected.

Oh yes, the Democrats have opposed e-verify! There are no innocent children being put in internment camps. WTH are you talking about? They aren't internment camps! Stop the BS! We don't even jail American kids with their law breaking parents. These parents were forewarned not to cross our border illegally with their kids or this is what would happen so they've only themselves to blame.

https://amac.us/dems-block-gop-bills...al-immigrants/

https://www.govdocs.com/mandatory-e-...dget-proposal/

Old 10-21-2018, 04:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not remotely true!
Absolutely true.

But thanks for sharing your opinion.

Quote:
Trumplings:

"Dems want to turn America into Venezuela!"

"America needs more tax cuts for billionaires!"

SO amusing.

Carry on.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:27 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,507,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Instead of posting lies about Beto, why don't you google who hires illegals? Spend a little time. In my state it is home builders and food processors. Texans like cheap houses and cheap chicken and catfish. They have yet to figure out the real cost of their cheap stuff. It is easier to blame the other political party.

Also, the USA started that mess in Central America trying to get the people we liked in power. And who can forget Iran Contra?

Why don't we call on the church that tells their parishioners that children are a gift from G-d to help stabilize Central America.

Why doesn't the USA make e verify workable?

We could also jail people who hire illegals. Million dollar fines are just a cost of doing business.
I agree with your solutions. I support e verify and jail for people hiring or HARBORING illegal sliens.

I also support requiring proof of citizenship/legal residency for school enrollment.

I live in el paso, and have had to deal with beto for yrs on city council, and as rep. He sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies