Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 10:29 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,071 times

Advertisements

I'm a life long democrat but even I'm continuously disappointed that democrats keep forcing illegal immigrants down the population's throats. You're not going to convince rust belt moderates who determine elections that illegal immigration is good and the more they continue to do this, the more they are going to lose. Taxes, health care, education, and other social services are issues that matter to me the most but democrats are making immigration the focal point of their platform which sidelines all the other issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 10:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Independents don't seem to think it is their number one priority. Jobs, healthcare, and rising wages ALL take precedence over immigration in the polls.

Republicans are laser-focused on immigration; but that does not mean everyone is.

That said, I like Beto O'Rourke's idea. Instead of spending all our money on middle-east never-ending WARS, why can't we help places like Guatemala to improve their infrastructure and THEIR economy so their people wont want to keep leaving to come here.

I like it.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:37 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Both sides have courted the issue. Don’t forget Reagan’s amnesty and the Bush era view of Hispanics becoming the next big voting block and planning to appeal to them with George P. Bush.

And there’s definitely some pragmatism in that. The demographic share of the traditional Republican base is shrinking.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:41 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I'm a life long democrat but even I'm continuously disappointed that democrats keep forcing illegal immigrants down the population's throats. You're not going to convince rust belt moderates who determine elections that illegal immigration is good and the more they continue to do this, the more they are going to lose. Taxes, health care, education, and other social services are issues that matter to me the most but democrats are making immigration the focal point of their platform which sidelines all the other issues.

Don't believe that crap Donald Trump is spewing, Democrats wants secure borders also.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:01 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,823 times
Quote:
Trump is clouding and complicating the issue because his rich friends need workers and farmers need cheap labor as well.
He s trying to figure out how to get illegals in to work while blaming democrats for" murderous ms13 migration to the US." as a distraction. Lie as it is all around.

Tricky business ,however ,the immigrants currently incarcerated in tents from the last roundup may come of age soon enough to start moving them onto our nations farms and rich homes before 2020. While all the while blaming democrats for these " caravans,"

Where is the incentive for masses of people to come here for work?
What are they being told?
Any of them interviewed along the way ? Yes. They said they are coming to work. Not get free health care. Not to vote. They don't care if they hang out in tents before they get a job. They re being fed....not educated but tellin ya they don't care. What they fled was worse.

Republicans are bringning the masses here.
Make no mistake.
No wall needed. Except to blame democrats for obstructing it s construction. Very basic. And simple minded people buy in.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Don't believe that crap Donald Trump is spewing, Democrats wants secure borders also.
They want secure borders??!!

Numerous cities and states have MAJOR heroin epidemics going on right now!

Thats ALOT of dope coming in... CONSISTENTLY.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:06 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
If you are truly a lifelong Democrat then you know no one in democratic leadership is trying to promote illegal immigration. For years the democrats have tried to engage the right in immigration reform but the pubs will have no part of it.
Initially it was just part of their moronic refusal to govern. Now that they have found they were able to inflate illegal immigration to a national crisis (pubs love crisis because they use it to grab more power) they will never work to fix it. They will do nothing, as usual, and blame the dems for their own inactivity.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:11 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Immigration Reform is coded speech to allow Dems to avoid saying they do not want our present , perfectly fine immigration laws to be enforced.

OP, You are correct. Dems push for Open Borders via undermining existing laws (Sanctuary cities do just that) is crushing them in Middle America politically, and as we saw in 2016 the Out of Touch coasts that stayed Blue are far less than 270, and shrinking , in aggregate, with every census in EC votes.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:12 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
We're not forcing illegal immigrants down the public's throats. Republicans are absolutely OBSESSED with illegal immigrants, viewing them as the cause of all of America's evils, when in reality, they are a small problem. Their main focus on this campaign is how terrible illegal immigrants are. Never mind the fact that companies use them as a source of cheap labor all the time and themselves are breaking the law. Meanwhile migrant children who broke no laws are still locked up in internment camps in Texas away from their parents or any people why know. How is that humane?

Old 10-21-2018, 11:13 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They want secure borders??!!

Numerous cities and states have MAJOR heroin epidemics going on right now!

Thats ALOT of dope coming in... CONSISTENTLY.
What a rotten thing to say. Democrats want open borders so they have access to dope? IIRC, drug addiction is an equal opportunity plague.

Is that why our troops protect Afghanistan poppy fields?

Every Democrat I know wants the same security Republicans do. They also wants the hiring of illegals stopped.

When will the 11 million Visa overstayers be located and sent home?

All this brouhaha about illegal immigration is all manufactured, Republicans want cheap labor, bleeding hearts want to save the world. Meanwhile the USA congress who could fix this today, sits on their asses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies