Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.
‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

Now this I totally agree 100% with!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 09:34 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
good it should be

Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
There's already a (similarly transphobic) thread on this subject: Male or Female Only Under Federal Law - What took them so long?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:49 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
This is a man who claimed during his campaign that he would be a friend to the LGBT community. And some fools actually believed it and voted for him.

Here's an article about it that isn't behind a paywall: Trump Administration Could Stop Recognizing Transgender People | Fortune

from the article:

But, as this thread demonstrates, a lot of people don't believe LGBT people are actually people who deserve civil rights. So here we are.
I have at least one gay friend who wants nothing whatsoever to do with the trans community and thinks that it is not right that they are all lumped in together. Being homosexual is completely different from thinking that you are a different sex.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Who will be the science deniers on this issue ?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ns-report-says

HHS wants to define gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable,” according to the memo.

If enacted, it also would do away with a series of moves by the Obama administration to recognize a person’s gender as an individual’s choice and not determined by their sex assigned at birth.

Good question! SAYINGa person’s gender is an individual’s choice, is as ASANINE /MORONIC as saying heterosexual/homosexual is genetic, those are what is nothing but choice! Society has them bass-ackwards

Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I have at least one gay friend who wants nothing whatsoever to do with the trans community and thinks that it is not right that they are all lumped in together. Being homosexual is completely different from thinking that you are a different sex.
He makes a valid point there in that the struggles are very different, but like it or not, gay, lesbian, bi, and trans are all lumped together and the current cultural backlash we are seeing against the transgender community is also affecting the gay and lesbian community.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:52 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Good question! SAYINGa person’s gender is an individual’s choice, is as ASANINE /MORONIC as saying heterosexual/homosexual is genetic, those are what is nothing but choice! Society has them bass-ackwards
And prayer and conversion therapy camps are the solution? In Trump's America it wouldn't surprise me if you people tried to pass a law to force all gay people into conversion therapy.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
There's already a (similarly transphobic) thread on this subject: Male or Female Only Under Federal Law - What took them so long?
Didn't see that one, thank you. I'm sure the MODS will take care of it.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:53 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...=hp_lista_pos3

Can't believe it took this long for the federal government to state the obvious, under the law you are male or female. Seems we've been adding a letter to the LGBTABCDEF123456@%^%@...etc etc nonsense pretty much every day.
It's not obvious, because it isn't true. There are many people who are not strictly male or female. And I'm not talking just mentally; I'm talking physically. If a person is not physically one or the other, not even conservatives can argue they are one or the other. Their argument fails because science disproves them.

How common is intersex? | Intersex Society of North America

Old 10-22-2018, 09:54 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I didn't say being homosexual and being transgender were the same. Gay people can be transphobic, racist, and otherwise bigoted as well. Because, well, they're people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies