Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 08:45 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh yes, we have you have just chosen to ignore it. The Democrats in congress are certainly advocating for illegal immigration and many mainstream Democrats do also. Need the list again of why?
Won't sign or even offer an e-verify bill.

How can you possibly deny that the Democrats aren't pro-illegal immigration with the list above?
That is priceless. Democrats are in the minority in congress and can't even introduce legislation and Republicans can't get the votes for their own e-verify bill. I swear to God I am not sure how you can say this stuff with a straight face.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...eltdown-680106
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 08:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That is priceless. Democrats are in the minority in congress and can't even introduce legislation and Republicans can't get the votes for their own e-verify bill. I swear to God I am not sure how you can say this stuff with a straight face.

I started this thread and I'm not just talking about the last couple years, even when Democrats were in control of both houses of Congress they made no effort to pass e-verify laws or anything even close to that. They did however push DACA and push for blanket amnesty for illegal aliens already in the country.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:54 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

The congress doesn’t work that way at all. The current majority can’t pass any legislation unless they have near zero defectors. That’s a very hard sell.

On the other hand, did any Democraps vote for the wall in exchange for legalizing the dreamers?

They didn’t.

I swear to God I am not sure how you can say this stuff with a straight face.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:05 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Why do you keep referring to illegal aliens as plain ole "immigrants". You're blurring the lines between legal and illegal by doing that and it's blatantly dishonest. Typical though!

The very reason that Americans have lost their jobs to illegal aliens is due to the fact that they work cheaper. How is that fair or lawful to hire someone who has no right to be here or work in this country to undercut Americans that way?

How do you know who's working in a restaurant? If you think these greedy restaurant owners are passing any savings on to you by a lower cost meal you are badly mistaken. What they and the rest of the employers who hire illegal aliens do is pass their enormous social costs on to the rest of us.

We can't experience different cultures from those here legally? There is no diversity in illegal immigration anyway as most of them are from only one culture.

Where are you getting the idea that being opposed to illegal immigration while embracing legal immigration is being afraid of someone different? Aren't legal immigrants someone different? You make no sense at all! Hate has nothing to do with opposing illegal immigration it's about our laws and the negative impact they have on Americans. Why don't you stop with your BS as you're looking like a total fool in here!!

You sound....triggered. Stop being a snowflake.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:11 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The congress doesn’t work that way at all. The current majority can’t pass any legislation unless they have near zero defectors. That’s a very hard sell.

On the other hand, did any Democraps vote for the wall in exchange for legalizing the dreamers?

They didn’t.

It's real easy when the majority loads a bill with poison pills. Schumer gave Trump the whole wall in exchange for the Dreamers, Trump turned it down.

Trump has nothing positive to run on. Trump needs to have something to yell about to hide the fact he wants to get rid of protections for people with pre-existing conditions.

He scares all his base with nonsense about some Hondurans invading. Give me a break you guys are afraid of family's.

9,254 posts, read 3,582,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...two questions for you:

1) What has your research on this topic yielded?

2) Where do you live where you haven't experienced the deleterious effects of illegal immigration? Rest assured, no one is asking you for your specific address, just the city/town and state. Why do you refuse to answer?

The fact that you would tell us who have experienced our communities and schools destroyed by illegal immigration that it is "hogwash" is plain vile and despicable.

Unless you answer question #1 with links to your own research, you have nothing, therefore you have no business insulting those of us who have had to deal with this problem up close and personal
I am not the one who is claiming that illegal immigrants have “destroyed” literally “hundreds” of communities across the nation. The onus is not on me to support that claim. You, on the other hand, have been totally unable to support it. But at least you have developed some weird obsession over where I live.

So obsessively stalkerish, yet not obsessive enough to rely on tangible statistics. What an unusual combination.

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They didn’t.
No, they didn't vote for it because that bill was a joke. And by the way, you really make yourself look silly when you feel the need to resort to saying things like: "democraps"

Old 10-24-2018, 09:13 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I am not the one who is claiming that illegal immigrants have “destroyed” literally “hundreds” of communities across the nation. The onus is not on me to support that claim. You, on the other hand, have been totally unable to support it. But at least you have developed some weird obsession over where I live.

So obsessively stalkerish, yet not obsessive enough to rely on tangible statistics. What an unusual combination.
That goes along with Trump's claim of riots in California. All a bunch of alt-right garbage. Made up by the guys picked up for starting the riot in Charlottesville last year.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:14 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times
Well, then all you who oppose illegals, can clean the toilets of the and pick tomatoes and die in the brutal sun while picking them.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:16 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well, then all you who oppose illegals, can clean the toilets of the and pick tomatoes and die in the brutal sun while picking them.
So you support slavery, got it. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies