Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 11:34 AM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Where do you live that has such incredible problems? I live in NC which has the 8th highest level of illegal immigration in the nation. I don't see problems.
Clearly they are not in your neighborhood. Where I live those who reside in liberal elitist enclaves also, like you, don't see any problems.

My area of the country is not unique in this regard. It's happening all over the country. There isn't one state in the lower 48 that hasn't been affected.

btw, I live in VA. We have lots of issues with MS-13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 11:44 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,644,836 times
Ultimately, has to be bipartisan coming together for meaningful illegal immigration reform and both parties know it. They spout out rhetoric. Right-- illegal "aliens," be afraid and they're rapists and murderers. Left-- let them all in and we'll support all of them and they didn't break any laws.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A relative had to be on the border due to work. He was in a helicopter. The pilot told him when and where some ICE agents nap in their cars. He has pictures. You may say I'm despicable. That does not make me wrong.

Duncan's wall is that one in San Diego that has cut down on crime and crossings. The illegals just go east. Or put in tunnels. Those sensor's measure fossil fuel exhaust, not human exhaust.

We haven't even settled lawsuits from GWB's term for obtaining land in Texas for the wall. How long will it take?

As far as you kids being on the graveyard shift. That's par for the course in new hires. Why can't we get more BP agents? What happen to drones? If American made drones can kill kids in Yemen, they can find some people crossing the border.

I still believe the feds will never get serious about illegals because all the world wants cheap labor, and Americans want cheap goods. No matter how they get them.
And was the pilot employed by a private company? How does he know for certain way up in his helicopter that ICE agents are sleeping? If this pilot has definite proof to back up what he says, then he should report it. Otherwise he has nothing.

Bill Clinton was the one that had that wall built. That said, you just brought up a valid point that backs up what I said---walls do work. You proved that by pointing out that illegals go east of the wall to sneak in

We can't get more BP agents because the dems and RINOs refuse to allocate the money for more Seriously, you didn't know this?

You also know darn well that if armed drones were used on the US/Mexico border you and your ilk would be screaming about that.

That cheap labor isn't so cheap after all, is it? In light of the fact, that illegals birth anchor babies and said child is eligible for all sorts of freebies. The whole family benefits from that.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:57 AM

23,964 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And was the pilot employed by a private company? How does he know for certain way up in his helicopter that ICE agents are sleeping? If this pilot has definite proof to back up what he says, then he should report it. Otherwise he has nothing.

Bill Clinton was the one that had that wall built. That said, you just brought up a valid point that backs up what I said---walls do work. You proved that by pointing out that illegals go east of the wall to sneak in

We can't get more BP agents because the dems and RINOs refuse to allocate the money for more Seriously, you didn't know this?

You also know darn well that if armed drones were used on the US/Mexico border you and your ilk would be screaming about that.

That cheap labor isn't so cheap after all, is it? In light of the fact, that illegals birth anchor babies and said child is eligible for all sorts of freebies. The whole family benefits from that.
You are preaching to the choir. I wanted the border shut down in 1974. I just don't think a wall will do it. As long as there are jobs, poor people will fill them. They will get here any way they can. As long as there is money to made from selling dope, somebody will sell it.

My school taxes on an average priced house in Houston are 4000 a year. Then add on the county hospital district.

That private helicopter pilot works the border all day every day.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:28 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You are repeating fake data that has been repeatedly debunked.

The "best case scenario" was a cost of $43 billion by the pro-illegal immigrant factions.

Gee- even that is double the single expenditure of 20 billion (most estimates are far under that number).

Again- given the cost of illegals, what federal benefits are YOU personally willing to sacrifice to pay for them? If none, then perhaps you are being hypocritical. There are limited resources to go around; when one pays for benefits in one area, others have to be cut. How about cutting your medicare or social security?

Old 10-25-2018, 12:59 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The "best case scenario" was a cost of $43 billion by the pro-illegal immigrant factions.
Where'd you come up with that figure? The only reference to 43 billion that I can find in the links I provided is this "The FAIR study estimated an annual cost of $8,075 per person, so not including those citizens would reduce the estimate by more than $43.6 billion." And that simply does not say what you think it does, so please go read it again - or alternatively provide the data supporting your 43 billion figure

Old 10-25-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You are preaching to the choir. I wanted the border shut down in 1974. I just don't think a wall will do it. As long as there are jobs, poor people will fill them. They will get here any way they can. As long as there is money to made from selling dope, somebody will sell it.

My school taxes on an average priced house in Houston are 4000 a year. Then add on the county hospital district.

That private helicopter pilot works the border all day every day.
A wall does work. Once again---pay attention---that wall Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. Why do you have trouble understanding that fact?

Besides, you are naive if you think that all illegals are just sneaking in here just to work. MS-13, for example, sneaks in to do harm. There are OTMs who sneak in to cause trouble. Among the mountains of trash that illegals throw on fragile desert eco-systems, prayer rugs and Korans have been found. Ponder that for a while.

The wall will cover 700 miles of the border. There are parts of the border that are impassible. No fence is needed there. The BP will be able to keep watch in those areas should anyone be foolish enough to try to get through.

Yes, E-verify needs to be made the law of the land. Once that happens everybody in the work force needs to be run through it to weed out those 8 million no-match SSNs. However, once again, not all illegals sneaking in here are looking to work.

So...has that private helicopter pilot reported finding ICE agents asleep on the job? If not, he needs to either report it or if he doesn't have solid proof, then he needs to close his mouth.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:17 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Ultimately, has to be bipartisan coming together for meaningful illegal immigration reform and both parties know it. They spout out rhetoric. Right-- illegal "aliens," be afraid and they're rapists and murderers. Left-- let them all in and we'll support all of them and they didn't break any laws.

Reform? lol, you mean amnesty, right? How does that solve the problem and remove those here illegally as they should be?

No, don't make stuff up now! The entire right nor Trump called all illegal aliens rapists and murderers. That lie needs to be stopped! The fact is that some are though. But the bottom line is that they are here illegally and must be removed from our society either voluntarily or involuntarily.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
The border patrol reports it "caught" some 566,000 so far this year. Some number less 200,000 were determined to be inadmissible, but that doesn't mean they were returned. So something like 400,000 people have entered the country without a visa so far this year, plus how many were never caught, plus the visa overstays illegal aliens. We're talking easily a couple million illegal aliens have entered the US so far this year alone. Plus a million legal immigrants.

WTH? How is this not open borders that the Democrats won't allow to be controlled? And democrats want to give illegals amnesty and no deportations. And anyone wonders why the bomb mailer terrorist is more patriotic than his targets.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:20 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,734,844 times
Please name ONE candidate who supports illegal information. Provide SPECIFIC proof. I'm waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies