Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 07:55 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
And the "odd placement" of the window stickers, almost too uniform and perfect, and as if some were using multi sheet of some sort.

I have a friend who puts a bumper sticker here and there on his car, no certain place, for locations he visits, from his bumper to back window, no particular placement. The stickers on the faux bomber van look like they were all put on there in one day.

Most people that have bumper stickers have gaps but this guys van was completely full and it looked off somehow...
I think we have heard enough of conspiracy theories, the stickers are new, they are photo shopped, the FBI put them on. He was obviously a Trump supporter but I don't think Trump is the direct cause of this, Anyone that sends bombs to a dozen political targets is not sane anymore than the person that shot up Scalise, but words do matter particularly when you are president.

They captured the bomber and here you are arguing whether he is a democrat or republican, this is the definition of insanity. Trump needs to show some leadership to unite the nation/

Old 10-26-2018, 08:00 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
this sayoc guy is a minority
How do you know that?

Old 10-26-2018, 08:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Yes he did the act but what’s behind all of this. I doubt we’ll ever know. It’ll be covered up good but to me it’s to ultimately attack Trump. That’s why nothing went off as that wasn’t the purpose. The purpose is everything that’s going on now in the media.
Everything is too damn perfect about that van, and this perps rap sheet.
I smell a Patsey.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:07 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think we have heard enough of conspiracy theories, the stickers are new, they are photo shopped, the FBI put them on. He was obviously a Trump supporter but I don't think Trump is the direct cause of this, Anyone that sends bombs to a dozen political targets is not sane anymore than the person that shot up Scalise, but words do matter particularly when you are president.

They captured the bomber and here you are arguing whether he is a democrat or republican, this is the definition of insanity. Trump needs to show some leadership to unite the nation/
They guy was living in his (said by others to be stinky, and I don't doubt it) van. Might some of the sticker excess have the added "benefit" of covering the windows for privacy? And maybe shade, given that this was Florida? Not that I care for his decorating scheme...

I know, I know, curtains would have made more sense or even sheets of poster-board put up on the inside - we're not talking rational here.

At Trump's Charlotte rally tonight, he had the excruciatingly bad taste and judgement to speak very disparagingly of Maxine Waters to rile up his base. Seemed to work, sadly enough. Just can't go low enough...

Old 10-26-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So they arrested a legitimately mentally defective , extremely simple minded nutjob?
If he is actually the culprit, the people (myself included) that said no one is stupid enough to actually do these things (that this wannabe "bomber" did) ,are reminded that there actually people this stupid and unhinged in the world.
Likely mentally ill, not mentally defective or "simple-minded". He went to college but didn't graduate.
Guy was average IQ, I'd guess.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:14 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
this sayoc guy is a minority
lol yeah sure thing he's half Filipino and half Italian

Old 10-26-2018, 08:16 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
They guy was living in his (said by others to be stinky, and I don't doubt it) van. Might some of the sticker excess have the added "benefit" of covering the windows for privacy? And maybe shade, given that this was Florida? Not that I care for his decorating scheme...

I know, I know, curtains would have made more sense or even sheets of poster-board put up on the inside - we're not talking rational here.

At Trump's Charlotte rally tonight, he had the excruciatingly bad taste and judgement to speak very disparagingly of Maxine Waters to rile up his base. Seemed to work, sadly enough. Just can't go low enough...
the posters have been on the van for at least 10 months. Residents of the condo complex where his mother lives recall having seen it when Sayoc was staying there. I'm not sure why the posters are even controversial, there's a guy who drives around Sacramento with bible verses written all over his van and pictures of Jesus on the windows.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:17 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

Trump is the problem and I am not a supporter of Maxine Waters, I can think of plenty of members of the house as bad examples of congress on both sides. But Trump is the president and he needs to show some leadership.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
the posters have been on the van for at least 10 months. Residents of the condo complex where his mother lives recall having seen it when Sayoc was staying there. I'm not sure why the posters are even controversial, there's a guy who drives around Sacramento with bible verses written all over his van and pictures of Jesus on the windows.
Obviously, the "posters" are significant because of their content and because of what Sayoc is accused. I doubt if the Jesus poster guy is likely to be mailing bombs to people.

No idea how long he's been living out of his van or if he has been doing this all the time or just on occasion, alternating with staying with his mother or elsewhere. Some photos showed the front dashboard of the van covered with all sorts of stuff - could make out a mug, not much more amidst the trash. I am sure investigators have pulled out the proverbial fine-toothed combs and are going over both the van and any other locations associated with Sayoc.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,605 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is actually reality for a lot of people. Where the divide is seen the most is on MSM and on social media, but for most of us, out in real life, we don't see this level of hatred (from either side) in real life. Most of us just go about our business, work, eat, sleep, and live.

Of course there are very real people behind all violence - we've seen the fights and the stories, but unless you live in an area where you would see this constantly, and with the exception of one area that I can think of off the top of my head, most areas in this country don't see anything like it in their daily lives, or even here and there. Some people think those areas spread out much farther than they actually do.
I completely agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies