Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 03:44 PM

8,479 posts, read 3,302,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have to give you that. I guess we're even. Except I don't know of any other president who gets up at rallies and foments hatred and violence. "He's my guy" while he lauds body slamming a journalist. Pictures of a CNN bus running over Clinton. I mean, really, what mentally stable grown man, let alone the leader of the free world does that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1055164253441679360

you are a hypocrite, trobesmom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It wouldn't play for me. Can you tell me the gist?
It's an apples and oranges comparison, and here I'm not sure who on this thread is an apple and who an orange.

The tweeter is objecting to a correlation between Trump's rhetoric with the today's attack. Pelosi basically agrees - calling out Republicans who appeared (their exact assertions aren't on the clip) to blame Democrats for the Steve Scalise shooting.

There is a difference between making any one entity (or person) directly responsible and addressing whether there is some point where political hyperbole is irresponsible - if only because it inflames to where the political divide is problematic for the country as a whole.

I don't know what the individual Republicans said (so cannot assess Pelosi's response as reasonable or not) ... just like I'm not sure how various posters have addressed this. Your comment certainly did not make a direct correlation.

What sets an unstable individual off isn't always clear. Certainly there is a copycat phenomena with a desire for acclaim, like what we've seen with many of the school shootings. Many, but not all political attacks involve a certain level of psychological instability.

Some may appear stable and are only motivated by religious fervor - that might be said of the 911 attackers. Someone like Timothy McVeigh who on the surface seemed normal? There can well be an intersection of multiple factors: underlying psychological vulnerabilities ... maybe a fascination with guns ... followed by an adoption of some extremist cause, perhaps in an effort to belong. They may be lone wolves or open to manipulation. Sure they may be suggestible. It's complex.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:44 PM

21,814 posts, read 9,367,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The right has brought this about with all its hate. They basically hate anyone that doesn't look like them (a straight white person) and despise all that do not think like them. They have no openess to anything different from themselves.
That's absolute nonsense. You can keep calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist, sexist, blah, blah, blah, but I guarantee you will keep losing elections if you do.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
PLOT TWIST: pipe bombs were, in fact, sent by Wasserman Schultz.
Are you really stupid enough to think she would put her own return address on it? It was SPELLED wrong.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:45 PM

15,697 posts, read 9,457,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is maybe the bomb mailer was entrapped or set up by authorities?
You're going to have to explain that theory.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think you mean that pipe bombs were sent TO her office. At least that's what the mainstream media is saying.
Nope. They weren't sent to her office. It was the return address. I think the CNN one was return to sender. Of course SHE didn't do it. That's ridiculous.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:48 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
With the info that we have right now, which scenario do you believe is most likely?
It's Radical Republican Terrorists.

Some Republicans, I assume, are good people.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:49 PM

25,461 posts, read 18,586,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Try and make republicans look bad?" You're chitting us riiiggght? No effort is required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah right Republicans look like America the beautiful compared to ugly Democrat America.
Hmmm, with your favorite Orange Marauder having a higher approval rating than even King O had, I'd doubt they look bad to most people. So, keep up the wishful thinking. You'll need it after the elections.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:50 PM

15,697 posts, read 9,457,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Yep! Leftists realize they REALLY screwed up with the Kavanaugh hearings and now the invasion from Central America.
So you're saying that "the leftists" (all of them, apparently) decided to send bombs to Democrats to take some of the heat off from the Kavanaugh hearings when any rational thinking person has to know they will probably be caught? Like Bill, Hillary and Barack are so stupid they don't think this will come back on whoever made the bombs?

JRR

8,137 posts, read 5,601,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Who would benefit?
Along that line of thinking, who would benefit from all the hoopla about the immigrant caravan? Hmmm, could that have been set up and financed by the Republicans?

7,420 posts, read 2,694,751 times
We probably shouldn't jump to conclusions. You know, we should wait until Trump tells us what to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies