Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 04:56 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Her parents must have really sucked not to have taught her about racism.
Yeah, they should have taught her that racism is whatever anybody wants it to be.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:05 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Perhaps if you had any African American friends you could ask them why black face is socially unacceptable? Also, Mexicans and Italians did not face, and do not continue to face the same type of racist remarks and struggles in American society as African Americans do, Italians and Mexicans were not held as slaves either. I can't believe I'm having to explain this in 2018.
No need to explain anything but stereotyping is OK then as long as it doesn't involve blacks. So, because you didn't experience the same level of discrimination as blacks, then you can be reduced to a steteotype. Got it.

How about not stereotyping anyone or any group? To qualify this as you did is hypocritical. Also, here's a crazy one, blacks shouldn't use the N word just like everyone else shouldn't.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-25-2018 at 05:48 PM..

Old 10-25-2018, 05:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Perhaps, but she'll never receive it. I take it you've never sat in on a HR contract resolution session. Doesn't matter anyway, the terms of the settlement will never be released.
That's an opinion. Sounds like NBC is going to pay it to make it go away.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Donald Trump is laughing that she got canned by NBC.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It's a business decision. Just like it is for anyone who makes a mis-statement. NBC should make their decision on their opinion of how will affect their bottom line to keep her or let her go.

Now that it's an Anti-Trump reporter, who left Fox News, and is working for "liberal NBC", can you all finally shut up about how only right-leaning stars are held to a certain standard?
Kelly may not like Trump but she's still a conservative, rooted in Fox News.

The knives were out for Kelly generally and in particular because Tamron Hall got dumped by NBC and didn't get Kelly's show. Jane Fonda and then cast of Will & Grace caused a big uproar about Megyn Kelly, so canning Kelly was only a matter of time.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's funny as hell......
  • ABC loses its #1 rated show. Now publicly admits it made a mistake after the damage has been done.
  • NBC has to pay Megyn Kelly $69,000,000 to leave the network.
I don't see how the manage to stay in business. Hmm, well in the case of NBC, Comcast can do another cable price increase. (glad I'm on AT&T fiber)
Right, lol and ABC has served up another hour of garbage with its GMA Afternoon, starring that stellar ''journalist'' Michael Strahan.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
well, this is never about "blackface".

SOME audiences will believe this: You can take Kelly out of foxnews, you can never take foxnews out of Kelly.

It is certainly not her type of environment. No matter what, some would believe "look, her true color showed. I told you so."

Corporate media does a fine job of racial segregation.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think she was making a distinction between minstrel "blackface" and using makeup to look like a particular character for a costume. It IS different, there is no caricature or insult in the second and it is for authenticity not to mock anyone.

Someone needs to tell the manufacturers of Ariana Grande that skin darkening is wrong because had light skin before she was given a makeover to look more ethnic.
Right, I didn't read into what Kelly said as defending ''blackface'' vs. wearing a particular costume (like that Real House did dressing up as Diana Ross).

Anyone ever see the movie White Chicks? Even though it's from 2004, I guess it's time for Keenan Ivory Wayans to have his career destroyed.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Being intolerant of racially divisive comments is a badge I'll gladly wear.
So you must really not like Barack Obama.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:26 PM

391 posts, read 158,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
In light of Megyn Kelly's recent comments on Black Face, and suggesting that it is okay as long as you're a child and playing a character, later retracting and apologizing for those comments.

I always thought Kelly's departure of Fox News, where she had been a staple of that Company for years was suspect, and I was even more surprised to hear that NBC would be picking her up for her own talk show, given her past. It seems that this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. What is your opinion? Should her show be canned? Or are people taking this too far?
I said no not because what she said bothered me,I don't even know exactly what she said since I don't watch NBC or ABC or CBS etc etc...I despise her and this is karma. Attacked President Trump and in 2 years time she has gone from a popular host on Fox to fired from NBC! I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies