Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 05:22 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Let's agree to show some restraint and not spam the forum with every single anti-Trump article we read.
Would you also like to lead a movement for everyone who made anti-Hillary and anti-Obama posts to issue apologies or retractions?

By the way, have someone explain spam to you. It doesn't mean article-sharing. And I post perhaps 3% of the anti-Trump articles I read, not "every." Personally, I far prefer people posting articles rather than unsupported insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 05:54 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I think this any would interest any sane American - weirdly prescient, from last week. Environmentalist Bill McKibben wrote an essay proposing that we stop killing, and threatening to kill, despite our vicious president and his minions spouting such violent rhetoric.

Of course, even more relevant now with these bombs mailed to several Democrats.

Let’s Agree Not to Kill One Another
By Bill McKibben

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/20/o...e-another.html

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ed-shooting-me

(I'm including an alternative link, for people for whom it's difficult to access the Times.)

I was ready to agree but you lost me as soon as I read your vile words against our President and anyone who supports him. No progress being made here.

Last edited by TinaTwo; 10-25-2018 at 06:05 PM..

Old 10-25-2018, 06:01 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Would you also like to lead a movement for everyone who made anti-Hillary and anti-Obama posts to issue apologies or retractions?

By the way, have someone explain spam to you. It doesn't mean article-sharing. And I post perhaps 3% of the anti-Trump articles I read, not “every.” Personally, I far prefer people posting articles rather than unsupported insults.

Considering you start at least 3+ anti-Trump threads a day that would equate to at least 100+ anti-Trump opinion pieces/articles daily. Talk about garbage in, garbage out. Such obsession is unhealthy.

This evening, over the course of 14 minutes you started four anti-Trump threads.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
First of all, the article is about THREATS. Second, my words are simple descriptions - I'm not cursing, I'm not indulging in wild, unfactual name-calling. Actually, if you do a search for "vicious Trump" you'll get more than 8,000,000 hits, so it's not an original idea with me. And, by the way, do you know what the literal meaning of "vicious" is? That's what Trump is.
I don't like Trump either, but the above ^^^^^ is a deflection that doesn't refute WaldoKitty's points...because you can't. She 'got you', when it comes to that particular post.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:47 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:

By the way, have someone explain spam to you. It doesn't mean article-sharing. And I post perhaps 3% of the anti-Trump articles I read, not "every." Personally, I far prefer people posting articles rather than unsupported insults.
Why expend so much negative energy toward any one person (no matter who it is) ?

Old 10-26-2018, 04:05 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Can we still kill babies in Yemen?

They ain't gonna kill themselves.
It depends.

If it is Obama starting a drone war in Yemen it is AWESOME! If it is Obama funding Saudi Arabia's military actions in Yemen it is AWESOME!

NOBEL PEACE PRIZE BABY!!!

If Trump continues those actions he is hateful warmonger acting out of his cis white male privilege and bigotry.

St. Pete for Peace

Old 10-26-2018, 04:12 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
I think this any would interest any sane American - weirdly prescient, from last week. Environmentalist Bill McKibben wrote an essay proposing that we stop killing, and threatening to kill, despite our vicious president and his minions spouting such violent rhetoric.

By Bill McKibben

(I'm including an alternative link, for people for whom it's difficult to access the Times.)
Clarallel,
If you want to increase civility you can start by personally stopping your demonization of millions of people that you disagree with. You are part of the problem.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:32 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:

By Bill McKibben

It is the current belief by around 40 percent of all Millenials that micro-aggressions against onesself can be met with violence. If I am your aggressor, you can in turn punch me in the face. Until we can change this thought process back to a normalcy, and stop viewing people with different views from you as agressive enemies, the violence will continue.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
sure, clarallel. thanks for the heads up.

Your numerous anti-trump threads, usually referencing the very unbiased NYtimes (lol), are always bastions of goodwill and promote reason.

If you believe violence is speech you are part of the problem. negative speech between politicians is common. negative speech is not responsible for the violence of another. and who sent these bombs is unknown. how about waiting to see who sent them and their motive?

I would not be surprised if it turns out these bombs came from leftists trying to stir the pot. Since even the extreme right ( even the Hitler humpers) has not been nearly as overtly violent as the extreme left a reason to point fingers is needed so its possible the left made one up. You are correct...lets wait and see.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:

By Bill McKibben

House Rep Scalise agrees.

I am sure you meant this for both sides of the aisle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies