Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 05:27 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
President Obama’s administration deserves 90% of the credit for record low minority unemployment numbers. Consider the following facts (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics):

1. Overall, when President Obama took office at the peak of the great recession, unemployment reached 10.9%. The Obama team decreased unemployment from 10.9% down to 4.7% (-6.2%). Trump decreased it down from 4.7% to 3.9% (-.8%). Hence, Obama delivered 6.2% of the current improvement, while Trump has delivered less than 1% of the improvement.

2 For blacks, at peak recession when Obama took office, black unemployment was 16.8%. The Obama team decreased it from 16.8% down to 7.8% (-9). Trump has decreased it from 7.8% down to 6.6% (1.2%). Hence, Obama delivered 9 % of the current black improvement rate, while Trump has delivered only 1.2% of the improvement. Obama created 3.2 Million jobs for blacks, Trump has created 700,000. Now, who should get most of the credit for black unemployment? Obama not Trump!

3. For Hispanics, at the peak of the Great Recession, Hispanic unemployment was 19.5 million. Under the Obama team it grew by 6 million to 25.5 million. Under Trump it has grown by 1.9 million to 27.4 million. Hence, Obama has delivered far more Hispanic jobs than Trump and deserves most of the credit for the current unemployment rates.

4.In Obama’s last 16 months, job growth increased by 2.4%. In Trump’s first 16 months, job growth increased 2.1%.

All the stock gains from last year have been wiped away.
Trump has a so-called tax reduction in the form of an increased national deficit.
Companies are starting to lose money and passing it along to consumers in the form of higher costs because of tariff wars.

We are seeing the effects of Trump's economy now. I thought it would take longer but it's here.

Yet, radio silence from Trump on the stock market free fall.
So, what EXACTLY did Obama DO that caused these numbers?

The so called 800 BILLION dollar so-called Stimulus Bill, that even Obam ADMITTED, I guess we didn't have as many "shovel ready" jobs as I ( NOT WE, I) thought, ha-ha!", but the money was SPENT ANYWAY?

"cash for clunkers'?

"YOU did NOT BUILD THAT!"'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sounds a lot like you are talking about Trump. His lies are the ones of legend and most numerous. They will be his only legacy.
"Sounds a lot like you are talking about Trump. His lies are the ones of legend"

Like, " If I can't fix the economy in my 1st term I should NOT be elected for a 2nd term", he did NOT fix the economy but he sure ran again.

"you can keep you Dr."

"you can keep your insurance"

"it is NOT a tax" then when in court , "it IS a tax"

"it was the video"

"You didn't build that"

The list is endless with Obama's lies, but, as usual the left "forgets" all about THEM and NEVER COMPLAINED but, NOW it is a different story!

Hypocrites to the end!

Old 10-28-2018, 05:45 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
President Obama’s administration deserves 90% of the credit for record low minority unemployment numbers. Consider the following facts (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics):

1. Overall, when President Obama took office at the peak of the great recession, unemployment reached 10.9%. The Obama team decreased unemployment from 10.9% down to 4.7% (-6.2%). Trump decreased it down from 4.7% to 3.9% (-.8%). Hence, Obama delivered 6.2% of the current improvement, while Trump has delivered less than 1% of the improvement.

2 For blacks, at peak recession when Obama took office, black unemployment was 16.8%. The Obama team decreased it from 16.8% down to 7.8% (-9). Trump has decreased it from 7.8% down to 6.6% (1.2%). Hence, Obama delivered 9 % of the current black improvement rate, while Trump has delivered only 1.2% of the improvement. Obama created 3.2 Million jobs for blacks, Trump has created 700,000. Now, who should get most of the credit for black unemployment? Obama not Trump!

3. For Hispanics, at the peak of the Great Recession, Hispanic unemployment was 19.5 million. Under the Obama team it grew by 6 million to 25.5 million. Under Trump it has grown by 1.9 million to 27.4 million. Hence, Obama has delivered far more Hispanic jobs than Trump and deserves most of the credit for the current unemployment rates.

4.In Obama’s last 16 months, job growth increased by 2.4%. In Trump’s first 16 months, job growth increased 2.1%.

All the stock gains from last year have been wiped away.
Trump has a so-called tax reduction in the form of an increased national deficit.
Companies are starting to lose money and passing it along to consumers in the form of higher costs because of tariff wars.

We are seeing the effects of Trump's economy now. I thought it would take longer but it's here.

Yet, radio silence from Trump on the stock market free fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Obama inherited the worst economic crisis in 3 generations and two horribly mismanaged middle east wars allowed to devolve into unwinnable quagmires.

tRump inherited a country recovering nicely from that Great Recession and those idiotic wars tamped down considerably.

Let's see what he leaves his successor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
^^^^^^Great thread and deserves being repeated over and over again.

You 3 are being way too factual and correct ! The Trumpees will, as always, put their heads in the sand (or somewhere even darker) and claim that Trump saved the country in Janaury 2017. But we all know the truth.

Trump inherited the fruits of Barack Obama's labor, and Obama did such a good job that even an inept idiot like Trump hasn't been able to damage it too much. But we might as well pee into the wind, because Trumpees live in another world altogether and will never admit it or say anything positive about Obama.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Sounds a lot like you are talking about Trump. His lies are the ones of legend"

Like, " If I can't fix the economy in my 1st term I should NOT be elected for a 2nd term", he did NOT fix the economy but he sure ran again.

"you can keep you Dr."

"you can keep your insurance"

"it is NOT a tax" then when in court , "it IS a tax"

"it was the video"

"You didn't build that"

The list is endless with Obama's lies, but, as usual the left "forgets" all about THEM and NEVER COMPLAINED but, NOW it is a different story!

Hypocrites to the end!

Please don't show your fake outrage at lies, because you never acknowledge the fact that NO HUMAN on the planet tells more whoppers per day than the man who you think walks on water. It just makes you look bad.

Now , let's talk about a couple of the "points" you attempted to make.

Yep, Obama was the first to come out and publicly admit he underestimated how deep and serious the recession was and how long it would take to turn around. Maybe you were not there during those dark days of 2008 and up, but I was. I am amazed that Obama was actually able to pull us together in only 8 years, our economy was as far into the toilet as I have ever seen.

And on Obamacare. I still have my same Doctors, and the same insurance, why don't you ? We all know Obamacare isn't perfect, no program this huge ever is the first draft. It is a work in progress and needs honed, but millions now have life saving coverage they never had before.

BTW, your boy has been in office almost 2 years, where is his new and improved healthcare plan ? He had to throw in the towel, after bragging that he would repeal and replace Obamacare, and we would all have a "Beautiful Healthcare Plan". Maybe he is too busy tweeting and holding rallies or golfing !

Just like his wall, the healthcare promise was just some candy he tossed you Trumpees, and you ate it and asked for more.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Please don't show your fake outrage at lies, because you never acknowledge the fact that NO HUMAN on the planet tells more whoppers per day than the man who you think walks on water. It just makes you look bad.

Now , let's talk about a couple of the "points" you attempted to make.

Yep, Obama was the first to come out and publicly admit he underestimated how deep and serious the recession was and how long it would take to turn around. Maybe you were not there during those dark days of 2008 and up, but I was. I am amazed that Obama was actually able to pull us together in only 8 years, our economy was as far into the toilet as I have ever seen.

And on Obamacare. I still have my same Doctors, and the same insurance, why don't you ? We all know Obamacare isn't perfect, no program this huge ever is the first draft. It is a work in progress and needs honed, but millions now have life saving coverage they never had before.

BTW, your boy has been in office almost 2 years, where is his new and improved healthcare plan ? He had to throw in the towel, after bragging that he would repeal and replace Obamacare, and we would all have a "Beautiful Healthcare Plan". Maybe he is too busy tweeting and holding rallies or golfing !

Just like his wall, the healthcare promise was just some candy he tossed you Trumpees, and you ate it and asked for more.

"Please don't show your fake outrage at lies, because you never acknowledge the fact that NO HUMAN on the planet tells more whoppers per day than the man who you think walks on water. It just makes you look bad."

Making such an ASININE CLAIM, MAKES you LOOK BAD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies