Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the "bombing" case change your vote?
Yes,I was going to vote GOP,now I will vote democrat 9 4.29%
Yes,I was going to vote Democrat not will vote GOP 7 3.33%
No,I was going to vote GOP and I will still vote GOP 136 64.76%
No,I was going to vote democrat and I will still vote democrat 58 27.62%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 01:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
DeSantis is a tool AND a fool. He performed HORRIBLY in the debates - has spent way too much time speaking at events held by white nationalists and simply has nothing to offer.

At least Gillum believes in climate change and hopefully will take some action to stem the red tide which is causing so much havoc and putting fishermen out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 02:17 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you actually think Gullum, a governor, or Democrats in control will change anything about how the planet behaves?

This is how arrogant and clueless the Democrats are. They think they can control how the planet behaves by raising taxes and selling out to globalists.

yeah, Vote democrat so fishermen can catch more fish.
It looks for all the world like you are the clueless one. Keep slapping your head, you deserve it ...

All politics is local. If the people of Florida do not demand action on climate change, who will be there for them when they are in desperate circumstances?

States can have as meaningful a role in this as the Federal government. Florida is larger than many independent countries (all of which have signed on to the Paris Climate accords), and fully as vulnerable to the climate as the Netherlands and Bangladesh and the many island nations. We all need to pull together, every nation, and every state.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What can a governor do about red tides, or have any effect on climate change? That’s what you voted for in a local race?
Really? Of course Governors can have an impact on climate change.

That said - I don't live in Florida - my son does.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:21 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It looks for all the world like you are the clueless one. Keep slapping your head, you deserve it ...

All politics is local. If the people of Florida do not demand action on climate change, who will be there for them when they are in desperate circumstances?

States can have as meaningful a role in this as the Federal government. Florida is larger than many independent countries (all of which have signed on to the Paris Climate accords), and fully as vulnerable to the climate as the Netherlands and Bangladesh and the many island nations. We all need to pull together, every nation, and every state.
Unfortunately the governments of the 3billion people in India and China don't care.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:26 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
The bombing did not change my mind. I was not going to vote GOP in the first place. I still won't, unless it is someone besides Trump. The way I see it, the bombings give me more of an excuse not to vote for Trump in 2020. I was never going to vote for him in the first place.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:03 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I'm interested in having this guy put under a microscope and having all his past interactions and contacts and views examined. Same with the Pittsburgh shooter. Were they lone crazies which is the usual go to conclusion of the feds investigation or did they act with others or show up on the radar earlier but get ignored. Which was often the case.
The Pizza place shooting in DC turned out to be staged and the guy had connections to those he claimed to be against. The Florida shooters and Boston bombers practically telegraphed their intentions but the feds ignored them like they did on 9/11.
Sometimes there's a bigger picture that needs to be looked at beyond just what happened.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
1) So your hatred for Trump you are willing to put the Democrats back in power to screw more the working class in your state with open borders and bad trade deals. Obama said in 2008 that he was against NAFTA and other trade deals. He won and he actually doubled down on NAFTA by supporting TPP.....so if you want to keep believing Democrats that they are not globalists and are for the working class then keep giving them your vote.

2) Trump has been in the WH less than 2 years. I can't see anything he has done badly for you to give the Democrats control after they had years in control.

3) Abortion is still legal and if you think that Trump will outlaw abortion then you have been drinking the left hysteria propaganda. The economy is doing good and we are not in new wars..........so why the hate against Trump? at least he is keeping his campaign promises, unlike previous Presidents.

1 - I don't hate Trump. However, I think he is mentally unstable and has a chaotic nature of governance that is not good for our nation.

2 - I don't base my life in any way on any political candidates - however, Trump is a a$$hole personality wise and I don't like a$$holes. I can tolerate them, but not in my day to day life. So I will freely choose to do what I can to get rid of him.

3 - Again, I don't hate Trump. I actually have a lot of pity for him and I do think that media pays too much attention to him. However, Trump's main goal with SCOTUS appointments are to overturn Roe v. Wade and potentially outlaw abortion - he has stated this explicitly. Yet, what I mentioned in my post above was specific to Ohio abortion regulations/candidates - not Trump. I'm not going to vote for him in 2020 but in 2018, he is not running. I'll support our incumbent senator - Sherrod Brown (a Democrat) and I'll not vote for DeWine the GOP candidate for governor based on what I stated above. I'm voting for the blue candidates this year due to the candidate for governor here in Ohio stating that he'd consider signing a "heartbeat bill" to define "life" as a fetal heartbeat. I feel women's heartbeats and women's minds are more important than a fetal heartbeat. I also am a woman, I have been pregnant, I've had complications and would be a high risk if I became pregnant again and for the benefit of my family, if I did become pregnant again, I'd consider an abortion because I value the lives and happiness of my husband and my, living/breathing children more than any fetus. They also value my life and I would not chance my life for a fetus' life, not even my own fetus' life and that is specific to me and my family. You may want me to never have sex again with my husband, but that would be moreso you being concerned with me having sex than being concerned about me as a living, breathing, thinking person who just so happens to be a woman. You can choose what you want, I'll choose what I want. Being pro-choice doesn't mean that I want everyone to get abortions; however, I don't want a fetus' potential life to literally "trump" my own, my daughters, or your daughters or female relatives lives. They are more important to me than a fetus as are their living/breathing family members. And IMO they should be able to decide how to build their lives and families moreso than any legislator. I don't see the need for anymore barriers to abortion services. This is not directly about Trump for me, it is about state politics on the issue.

On the economy, it has been good for over 5 years so I don't give credit to Trump for that. However, I'll note that my investments haven't earned as much on return since Trump came into office - I gained a LOT of money under Obama. Also, my health insurance is rising again, next year it will raise nearly $2000 per year. I don't personally blame Trump for it, but I do think that if the ACA had been left alone and/or reformed/expanded that I would not be having such a large increase in my healthcare premiums. I trust Democrats more in regards to healthcare. For me and all Americans, healthcare and the cost of it, is an important economic issue. My investments earning a decent rate of return is also an economic issue for me personally.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:29 AM

35,062 posts, read 31,284,584 times
It didn't make a bit of difference. I voted for all Republicans, except for Phil Bredesen. Marsha Blackburn has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:04 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
If the idiot perpetuating this domestic terrorism targeted Republicans, I would have the intelligence to know that his radical actions do not represent the opposition to the current government.

If I were a registered Republican, I would have the intelligence to know that this guy does not represent everyone who supports the current government.

So, no, these incidents do not sway my vote. Nor should they sway anyone else's.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:27 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really? Of course Governors can have an impact on climate change.

That said - I don't live in Florida - my son does.
Climate change is an international problem that is going to require an international solution. China accounts for 50.7% of coal use, and coal use accounts for something like 40% of greenhouse gases. Also India has 240 million people without electricity, and has the 5th largest coal reserves in the world.

When a mayor or governor says they are going to attack climate change, they probably either have some ulterior motive, or are just plain dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies