Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 11:58 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For those who are so concerned about who Blacks vote for and are so desperate for Blacks to vote Republican....

Saying things like "Blacks like victimhood" or terms like "plantation" will not get Blacks to vote Republican. Shaming Black people will not work. Talking down on Black people will not work.
I agree.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I don't care what race you are. I care about your flawed logic that you're using to justify decisions, which you will probably share with other people, who might in turn, go down the same rabbit hole w/ you.

It is the same jobs and same pay which is why Trump is adding less jobs per month than Obama, and the wage growth that's happening under Trump is on the same trend line as Obama's.

These are the facts that counter your belief in Trump's magic. If you want to vote Trump, then find a better reason that holds up under scrutiny.

We don't have any increased police harassment b/c he hasn't done anything to put a policy in place. That doesn't change the fact that he's in favor of that policy.

Practically any president in Trump's position now would have had the same results for Black folks that Trump is taking credit for. Trump is the only candidate that would endorse Stop & Frisk on a national level. There's obviously a direct net negative for Black men to Trump in office than any other person.
My logic is not flawed simply because I disagree with you. Again, when it comes to voting choices, a person’s realities and perspectives matter more than someone else’s “facts”. Like any voter, my reasons for voting do not have to hold up to anyone’s scrutiny but my own.

My extended family’s life is better now than in 2016. That matters to me.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:09 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
Quote:
For those who are so concerned about who Blacks vote for and are so desperate for Blacks to vote Republican....

Saying things like "Blacks like victimhood" or terms like "plantation" will not get Blacks to vote Republican. Shaming Black people will not work. Talking down on Black people will not work.
Thank you! I am upper middle class but the idiots on this forum think black skin equates to being poor and a victim. I’m doing quite well financially but I would never support Trump and those of his ilk.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:12 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Thank you! I am upper middle class but the idiots on this forum think black skin equates to being poor and a victim. I’m doing quite well financially but I would never support Trump and those of his ilk.
Let me emphasize that it is SOME in the black community, but MOST if not all of their Democrat leadership wants to portray the black community as victims. I live in an upper middle class neighborhood, and have black neighbors with similar values, good careers, etc. So I know there are many that aren't victims, or want to be victims.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:44 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
My logic is not flawed simply because I disagree with you. Again, when it comes to voting choices, a person’s realities and perspectives matter more than someone else’s “facts”. Like any voter, my reasons for voting do not have to hold up to anyone’s scrutiny but my own.

My extended family’s life is better now than in 2016. That matters to me.
Your logic is flawed b/c it's based on facts that don't exist, a premise that is wrong. They may be better off now, but you're actively considering voting for someone that wants to make their life worse. You talk about voting to make things better for your extended family, and yet you're onboard for making things worse for them. I don't get it.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:50 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrat leadership of the Black Community want to keep playing the race, and victim cards. Just listen to them speak, and the content of what they say. So, I stand by my previous statements. They aren't racist, they are reality.
You know we can just quote what you said earlier right?

Quote:
The Black community won't switch parties in any great number. They enjoy the victim mentality too much, and want to continue the narrative of being "kept down" by non Black society.
That's not referring to Black leaders in the community. That's not referring to DC Democrats. That's referring to Black voters being onboard with the victim mentality. Why are you so defensive about being called a racist when this is what you think about 90% of Black voters?

Quote:
\The Democrats promote that Blacks can't fend for themselves (which I think is untrue, btw), and need things like Affirmative Action to get ahead. It is condescending, and racist against Blacks.
And Republicans promote that Black voters are too stupid to vote the right way, and don't need voting access if they're going to misuse it.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:55 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
to me, a black person voting for a republican is like a white person voting for a democrat.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:56 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
to me, a black person voting for a republican is like a white person voting for a democrat.
Do you care to elaborate more on this?

Old 10-27-2018, 12:59 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Do you care to elaborate more on this?
it's quite simple actually. it takes a lack of self respect to vote for a party that outwardly hates you.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Your logic is flawed b/c it's based on facts that don't exist, a premise that is wrong. They may be better off now, but you're actively considering voting for someone that wants to make their life worse. You talk about voting to make things better for your extended family, and yet you're onboard for making things worse for them. I don't get it.
We have different priorities, my friend. Not a novel concept. If there were one universal definition of quality of life or even what is likely to result in a better quality of life and what will result in a worse quality of life we would not need to have elections. We could just hire workers to make sure it happened. All political parties and candidates have positives and negatives and it is up to the individual voter to determine who they believe has greater positives than negatives. A good job does more than just put money in a person’s pocket, far more, and I have seen with my own eyes how having one can radically change an entire family.

This is my last post on the subject, I’m little tired of trying to beat a dead horse, so you are going to get the last word. But just remember, refusing to hear something doesn’t make it disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies