Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 15 hours ago)

27,162 posts, read 13,449,232 times

Advertisements

To put this in perspective Fouad Belkacem, a radical Islamic preachyer who called for the overhrowing of the west and of christians was arrested and prosecuted in Belgium. He took his case to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) claiming his Article 10 Rights in relation to the 'Freedom of Speech' were being ignored.

The Court ruled against him, stating "In the Court’s view, such a general and vehement attack was incompatible with the values of tolerance, social peace and non-discrimination underlying the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)".

Mr Belkacem who later recived a 12 year jail sentence in relation to hois support of terrorist activities is now lost his citzenship and deportation case and will be deported from Belgium to Morroco.

European human rights court rejects free speech defense of extremist - Reuters

Fouad Belkacem: Belgian Islamist leader loses citizenship - BBC News

The Court has ruled in the past that criticism of religion is free speech however in this case it was not part of a public debate and that no historical facts or objective argument was being persued, and that the only intention was to dengrade another religion. The Court also deemed that when such speech is not objective cricism or part of sensible debate it is not compatable with ECHR Article 9 which is the Freedom of thought, conscience and religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW

No intention of promoting public debate

The ECHR recognized that freedom of religion did not exempt people from expecting criticism or denial of their religion.

However, it found that the woman's comments were not objective, failed to provide historical background and had no intention of promoting public debate.

The applicant's comments "could only be understood as having been aimed at demonstrating that Muhammad was not worthy of worship," the court said, adding that the statements were not based on facts and were intended to denigrate Islam.

It also found that even in a debate it was not compatible with freedom of expression "to pack incriminating statements into the wrapping of an otherwise acceptable expression of opinion and claim that this rendered passable those statements exceeding the permissible limits of freedom of expression.

Calling Prophet Muhammad a pedophile does not fall within freedom of speech: European court - DW

So such judgements works both ways, and are increasingly used against radical muslim groups or individuals who preach hate, which is something I fully support.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-27-2018 at 10:38 AM..

Old 10-27-2018, 03:59 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Only one wife was that young. You just hate Islam. Anyway, ALL men in those time could 'play ball' at the time of puberty.

Glad you're off the 'pedo' thing at least! Pedo specifically refers to before puberty, does it not?
I guess if I had to choose between hating Islam or defending child rape, I am going to go with hating Islam.

But hey, that's just me. YMMV.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:01 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
For some reason it is a Leftist trait to want to give up rights. I don't get it.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
WHAT?!!!

You do realize how Islam views women and gay people...right?
I know; that's where leftists have themselves tied into knots. They love Islam, but their "base" includes gays and feminists. When push REALLY comes to shove, they are going to give Islam top billing over the other two. (Sorry, gays and women! You're chump change).

Just look at the Orlando shooter and how they treated him. He MURDERED GAYS. But he was a Muslim. So they gave him a good leaving alone, righteous anger-wise.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
To put this in perspective Fouad Belkacem, a radical Islamic preachyer who called for the overhrowing of the west and of christians was arrested and prosecuted in Belgium. He took his case to the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) claiming his Article 10 Rights in relation to the 'Freedom of Speech' were being ignored.

The Court ruled against him, stating "In the Court’s view, such a general and vehement attack was incompatible with the values of tolerance, social peace and non-discrimination underlying the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)".

Mr Belkacem who later recived a 12 year jail sentence in relation to hois support of terrorist activities is now lost his citzenship and deportation case and will be deported from Belgium to Morroco.

European human rights court rejects free speech defense of extremist - Reuters

Fouad Belkacem: Belgian Islamist leader loses citizenship - BBC News

The Court has ruled in the past that criticism of religion is free speech however in this case it was not part of a public debate and that no historical facts or objective argument was being persued, and that the only intention was to dengrade another religion. The Court also deemed that when such speech is not objective cricism or part of sensible debate it is not compatable with ECHR Article 9 which is the Freedom of thought, conscience and religion.

So such judgements works both ways, and are increasingly used against radical muslim groups or individuals who preach hate, which is something I fully support.
I am assuming that you left out the word "violent", as in Belkacem called for the VIOLENT overthrow of the West. And death of Christians. HUGE difference.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:09 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Excuses are hardly required. Islam is a blight on humanity. It's arguably the worst thing that's ever been produced by human civilization and deserves to be denigrated at every opportunity. That many 21st century liberals see it as their duty to defend this religion and it's vile founder against criticism is almost beyond belief.
You put that very well, and I've said as much as frequently as possible and will never stop. And god help anyone that ever tries to silence me for saying it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Be fair, Dark. He only raped one child.
That was written about. Usually pedos have multiple victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I guess if I had to choose between hating Islam or defending child rape, I am going to go with hating Islam.

But hey, that's just me. YMMV.
Agreed....
I will never stop detesting people who think they have some kind of right to impose their religious views on others and whose beliefs have never added anything beneficial to humanity.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:19 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Interesting...
How come there is moral outrage over Muhammad and something they followed in their own lands but not moral outrage over Khashoggi by the same people?

People say it is not our business to even think about what happened to Khashoggi since it is something over there.

I mean, lets be morally outraged over both instances.
Yes?

Old 10-27-2018, 05:23 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/world/defami...ourt-rules.amp

Unbelievable, they really caved in to them haven't they.
When you have let a school of sharks into your shark cage, you try not to draw their attention or agitate them.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Interesting...
How come there is moral outrage over Muhammad and something they followed in their own lands but not moral outrage over Khashoggi by the same people?

People say it is not our business to even think about what happened to Khashoggi since it is something over there.

I mean, lets be morally outraged over both instances.
Yes?
What the heck are you talking about?? Deflecting??

Old 10-28-2018, 02:54 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Yah, Skinhead O'Connor just perverted to Islam, I read.

She was a few fries short of a happy meal 20 years ago so it was only a matter of time.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies