Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

While Republicans are the ones that are hateful and divisive?

Last edited by dashrendar4454; 10-26-2018 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 12:40 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Is this a trick question ? Do you not watch the news ? Answer is NO.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:43 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
As long as their violent brown shirt nazis were attacking conservatives, they were cheering them on but now that a right wing nut has decided to meet violence with violence, they don't want violence anymore.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:28 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
The answer to your question is No.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:50 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
I’m calling on Democrats to vote, so we can take back the house and drown the trump agenda in the bathtub.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:51 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
There are many like myself that are registered Democrat that do still believe in peace and unity - but not by introducing even more social programs. We're moderates - and want to lend a helping hand until people can get back up on their feet and be productive again. We do not believe in allowing illegals into the country - but to help those who are already US citizens. We believe in assimilation for those who do immigrate here - not separate communities as many have set up. We believe in following the laws. We believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Unfortunately - our party is also composed of social justice warriors who feel everyone else should change for the rights of a few. Who turn a blind eye when those in our party don't follow the laws or promote violence to get the changes they want. The Democrats seem to be pandering to these types and that's why I vote for who supports my values - despite the party they are affiliated with.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Ok, I'll bite. There is no question that the atmosphere in this country right now is different than it has been in any time I can remember in my 73 years. We have always had our political back and forth discussions, but NEVER has it been as contentious as it is today, and both sides are knee deep in the mud.

Trumpees can put all the lipstick on Donald Trump they like, but the reality (that only someone who doesn't want to see the truth would miss) is that he has divided this country in only a few years. We no longer just discuss the political situation, we are fervent about it, and we are at each others throats.

Trumpees will say it all started with Obama, and, for them, it probably did. Our dirty little secret in America is that a Yuge part of our population is still racist. The primary reason a lot of people were not willing to give Obama credit or a chance is because how dare a black man think he is good enough to run this country? Oh, they will lie and say they are not racist, but, being a white man, I see how some of my fellow whites think.

I also think that the Russians are heavily involved in the division of America. They are very good at these games, and are still trying to influence our elections. They know that if they can pit one American against another, it will weaken us and they won't have to fire a single shot. I suspect we have a few Russian agents on here, from some of the very obvious threads they keep posting over and over again.

The next person who occupies the seat in the WH is going to have a very hard time bringing civility, decency, class, and dignity back to that position. I hope we all learned a lesson on how fast our country can be destroyed if the wrong person is elected.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I'm confused

Old 10-27-2018, 07:22 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, I'll bite. There is no question that the atmosphere in this country right now is different than it has been in any time I can remember in my 73 years. We have always had our political back and forth discussions, but NEVER has it been as contentious as it is today, and both sides are knee deep in the mud.

Trumpees can put all the lipstick on Donald Trump they like, but the reality (that only someone who doesn't want to see the truth would miss) is that he has divided this country in only a few years. We no longer just discuss the political situation, we are fervent about it, and we are at each others throats.

Trumpees will say it all started with Obama, and, for them, it probably did. Our dirty little secret in America is that a Yuge part of our population is still racist. The primary reason a lot of people were not willing to give Obama credit or a chance is because how dare a black man think he is good enough to run this country? Oh, they will lie and say they are not racist, but, being a white man, I see how some of my fellow whites think.

I also think that the Russians are heavily involved in the division of America. They are very good at these games, and are still trying to influence our elections. They know that if they can pit one American against another, it will weaken us and they won't have to fire a single shot. I suspect we have a few Russian agents on here, from some of the very obvious threads they keep posting over and over again.

The next person who occupies the seat in the WH is going to have a very hard time bringing civility, decency, class, and dignity back to that position. I hope we all learned a lesson on how fast our country can be destroyed if the wrong person is elected.

This post is why we are where we are today...THE BLACK MAN............

What A BS post...

Listen, even bill clinton, was not liked, yet he got what he wanted because he came to the middle.

george bush, was not liked, yet he got what he wanted because he came to the middle.

barrack obama, was not liked, he did not come to the middle...and neither did the dems....maybe you forgot about "I have a phone and a pen".....people did not like him NOT because of the color of his skin, but the way he was "transforming" the United States....

Now saying that, were there people who did not like obama because he was black, of course, the same way that many black people hate trump because he is white....

THE RUSSIANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and CHINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa and many other countries, but do you really think it just started? In your 73 years, you really think this is just now happening because of trump....?

Old 10-27-2018, 07:24 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:

The country was deeply divided before Trump however he has put salt on the wound.

Quote:
Almost all Americans no matter what race root for the home team. There is black pride, la raza, native pride, etc. However only white pride is considered a racist thing. I have talked to endless white people over the years who did not like Obama. Only a very small percentage used race as the reason.

Quote:
I think CD is pretty far down the list of important venues for Russians or any sort of propaganda. This whole red scare thing reminds me of the 1950's and the blacklists. Its funny how the left hates the 1950's in almost every sense except for McCarthyism which they have latched onto. Yes Russian influence is a problem. But a much smaller one than the left wants to believe. They win when you attribute way to much to them. That is what they want.
Quote:
I did not vote for Trump. But come on. Things are not destroyed by any measure. And Obama did not destroy things like republicans were saying. Both parties and their sky is falling is getting old. Our country is greater than any one POTUS. Never forget that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies