Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 01:24 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So you think it’s normal and expected that Jews need armed guards to worship as they please? You think that anti-semites shouldn’t be called out?
Isn't it interesting that both Facebook and Twitter have no problem with anti-semites.
Colleges and Universities now have no problem with anti-semites.

This has turned into a sport for the Leftists.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:25 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Yes sir, like I said, same old same old.

Another narcissist loser ranting on social media, using gun violence to get notoriety. Absolutely no different than other mass shooters the past years. The outer 'motive' may seem to be different but the underlying motives among these shooters and killers are all the same.

And again, the pointless bickering and debate over gun control, when this is NOT about gun control and once again about how we have so many morons seeking attention and fame doing the most heinous acts possible to get that attention.

Right on cue we will see the laying of flowers and wreaths, the candle light vigils, and grandstanding by politicians speaking out about how we have to fight this climate of fear (blaming you know who).

Lather, rinse, repeat.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robert-bo...183646761.html

Old 10-27-2018, 01:28 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
The bomber was half Filipino and identified as a Native American. The synagogue shooter's political affiliation has not been released yet.
The bomber is also half-Italian. He is not "Native American" at all, though he appears to claim that he's Seminole. He isn't. The Seminole tribe has issued a statement to that effect - he's not a member, nor is it part of his ethnic make-up or heritage. Just a wanna-be. I expect the Seminoles are pretty glad he's none of theirs.

The shooter is a violent neo-Nazi, who appears to have no affiliation with either the Republican or Democratic party and who has posted his disdain for both.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:28 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I disagree with a ton of what Trump says, but stating "there are some good and some bad on both sides" about Charlottesville was one of the truest things he ever said. Yes indeed, there were real Nazis there. There were also freelance journalists from both sides there covering it. One thing that journalists have learned: If you're walking around with a camera, Antifa will attack you for no other reason. So stay away from Antifa.

Most on-the-ground freelance reporters -- Left and Right alike -- would have been found in the Far Right crowd because it wouldn't have been safe for them to be on the other side. Many of them got pepper sprayed and assaulted by Antifa right along with the Far Right, but it was still the safest place for them to be. And it was very apt of Trump to coin the term "Alt-Left" to describe the insanely violent wackos who claim to be anti-Fascists but act exactly like Fascists. Both the Left and the Right have a bunch of crazies lurking way out beyond the margins. Those crazies stand for things that neither party actually believes in.

Trump has never endorsed anything the Far Right stands for. His family is heavily intermarried with "a bunch of filthy Jews". So I doubt they think of him as their guy. But if it gets them attention, they'll vote for just about anyone or anything.
Theirs actually a debate among the far-right types. Some see Trump as a pseudo white Messiah who will save the white race from being exterminated and ignore his relationship to Jewish people or don’t think Jewish people are a part of the problem. Some see Trumps connections to Jews as him being “placed” there by Jews to keep the far right convinced that things are going their way. The problem I think with these ideology is that you could literally go on YouTube and within 5 minutes of searching regular videos about politics you can end up in the far right dominated portion of the site. Conservatives seem oblivious to this but the Far right has latched on to ever Conservstive outlet except maybe Fox News. It doesn’t take long on many major conservstive outlets to go from Illegal immigration is bad too, White people are the superior race and are being exterminates by the Jews. Because I’m concerned as a non-white person and I purposefully seek this out to know what the far right thinks of me, I notice the insane amount of dog whistles that City-Data has today. You could say I’m being paranoid but their are literally threads on here where certain posters casually mention that theirs nothing wrong with Richard Spencer and that the Jews control the world. This isn’t regular right wing thought. As a result many leftists generalize the entire right as Nazis because the Richard Spencer’s are targeting the same audience as the Ben Shapiros and its blurring the differences.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:31 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wondered how many minutes it would take here on CD for someone to mention Trump's name?
Perhaps you should re-read the entire thread to determine who threw down the first political gauntlet.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:33 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
This is how silly and ignorant this nation has become. Now any shooting or threat because the criminals are crazy then we have to find out if he/she voted for Trump and make it political. This is how obsessed and divisive the left is.
There is absolutely nothing more important to the Leftists and their Lap Dog Media than HATE for the President of the United States AND the Citizens who voted for him.

It's all they think about all day long, all they dream about at night - it consumes their entire lives.
HATE for those who don't believe everything they believe and who don't allow the Left to determine how we think. It's SICK.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:39 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Isn't it interesting that both Facebook and Twitter have no problem with anti-semites.
Colleges and Universities now have no problem with anti-semites.

This has turned into a sport for the Leftists.
Oh please there are more anti-Christian attacks in America and in the World stop playing victim. Plenty of anti-Islam on forums and social media. One anti-Jewish or Israel topic and it gets locked or removed.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:41 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Have the usual conservative posters come on here yet and told us how they know this mass shooting is an elaborate liberal conspiracy to sway the mid-terms and push gun control?

If not, what's taking them so long? They're usually not slow on their game.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:41 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You guys crack me up for the 8700th time. No one SAID he was a Trumper, what I stated was that the climate of division and hate and craziness that Trump has created is absolutely without doubt a factor going forward, it's with us every single day. This won't be the last time that a nutjob like this is emboldened or agitated to perform an act like this. When we have a President that celebrates division and violence, why would anyone be surprised?
Yous guys crack me up with blaming Trump for creating violence.

All Trump ever created on the Apprentice was business, philanthropy, etc.

So what has Trump been dealt since his announcement to a little career change?

Let's take a peek, shall we?

Trump's targets
Trump's playbook
Trump's rhetoric
Trump's violence rhetoric
Trump's verbal bombs
Blaming Bernie for Scalise murder attempt
Mental patient
Create a crowd and follow them in to grocery stores gas stations restaurants malls
You're not wanted anywhere anymore!
You cannot be civil with "the right"
We kick em
Of course I want to punch him in the face
Yes,I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House... directly responsible for the MagaBomber btw
When was the last time an actor assassinated a President?
Treason
When do we see a shadow government ... oppose Trump? Gee! When don't you?
There's a sign hung up outside the White House, "If you're not White, you're not especially welcome." Projection your Honor!

October 20, 2018 angry leftists harass McConnell and wife at restaurant.
October 19, New York man charged with threatening to senators over Kavanaugh support.
October 16, 2018: Republican Candidate punched in Minnesota restaurant.
October 16, 2018: Republican state rep assaulted in Minnesota.
October 12, 2018: Antifa smash windows, deface doors of Metropolitan Republican club in Manhattan.
October 11, 2018: a truck with "Trump 2020" bumper stickers set on fire.
October 10, 2018: Susan Rice's Republican son assaulted at Pro-Kavanaugh event.
October 10, 2018: Eric Holder "Kick em"
October 9: Hillary Clinton "cannot be civil" with them
October 8: Antifa takes over Portland harasses an old man for disobeying them.
October 7: Senator Cory Gardner said wife received beheading video over Kavanaugh vote.
October 4th: Republican Senators hit with death threats amidst Kavanaugh fight
October 3rd: ricin and threatening letter sent to Trump
October 2nd: 2 hospitalized after exposure to powdery substance at Cruz's Houston campaign office Wow, I didn't even hear about this one!
October 2 : GOP Congressman Andy Harris (R-MD) assaulted by protesters
October 2: leftist protestor kicks pro-life woman
October 1: Senator Mitch McConnell badgered at airport by anti-Kavanaugh activists
September 27: Republican Senators doxxed by Democrat Congressional intern
September 25: Senator Ted Cruz and wife harassed out of DC restaurant.
September 20: Brett Kavanaugh and family receive death threats
September 11: DC police investigate threat to commit mass shooting at MAGA event in Trump international hotel
September 6: arsonist hit Albany County GOP headquarters in Laramie Wyoming.
August 2: man arrested for threatening Representative Steve Scalise.
July 26: Feyette County Ky -GOP headquarters vandalized
July 25: Trump's Hollywood walk of fame Star destroyed, again.
July 24: Senator Cory Booker says Kavanaugh Supporters are complicit in evil.
July 17: gory Trump throat-cutting docorates Portland gallery
July 10: protesters arrested, accused of assaulting officer at Portland Ice office.
July 3: Nebraska GOP office vandalized
July 2: Cher accuses Ice of Gestapo Tactics
July 2: man threatened to kill Senator Rand Paul and his family
June 29: media falsely blamed Trump for murder of 5 Journalists in Maryland.
June 29: actor Billy Eichner calls on Senator McConnell to be harassed.
June 28: Representative Luis Gutierrez calls on "angry" Latinos to oust Trump.
June 26: transportation Secretary Elaine Chao harassed at home by protesters
June 25: Senator Cory Booker calls for Trump officials to be confronted over immigration policies
June 24: Representative Maxine Waters publicly calls on mobs to "turn on" Trump officials
June 23: Florida AG Pam Bondi harassed at a movie theater.
June 22: Sarah Sanders and her family booted out of Restaurant by left-wing owner
June 22 : member of Canadian media threatens Don Jr's 4 year old daughter!!!
June 20: actor Peter Fonda calls for a mob to kidnap President Trump's 11 year old son!!!
June 19: Kirstjen Nielsen harassed out of Restaurant.
April 6: during Ellen appearance Senator Camala Harris "jokes" about killing Trump Pence Sessions on Elevator.
March 19: democrat congressman hints at armed rebellion against Trump.
March 16: capitol police arrest democrat operative over assault of Trump official.
February 7: man arrested for sending white powder to Donald Trump Jr.
November 272017: singer Morrissey: I would kill Trump "for the safety of humanity". Oh the yummy irony.
August 18, 2017: democrat Missouri state senator calls for Trump to be "assassinated".
July 19, 2017: Rosie O'Donnell sparks outrage with Trump-killing game.
June 22, 2017: Ohio man charged with threatening GOP Congressman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
None of this is true. You're simply parroting the lies of FOX and Trump. I can't even imagine what it must be like to hand over the sovereignty of the self, wholesale.
Get outta here with that garbage.

Y'all are not qualified to label Trump a liar. You wouldn't know a Truth if it licked you on the puss.

Republican Lawmakers are on FOX News constantly. You just cannot stand any of them nor any of us who vote them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Plagiarism.
No, it's not. I paraphrased it and changed over 15% of it.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-27-2018 at 03:07 PM..

Old 10-27-2018, 01:42 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
So you have to go ahead and link what I believe in with nazism. This is a fine example of what I was talking about. I don’t think I have to define confederate heritage for you as I am sure you know what it means, but for the benefit of those reading this here is my view of confederate heritage. It is about honoring and remembering confederate soldiers and history. It also means the rejection of the SJW narrative of southern history and embracing the confederate values of limited federal power and states rights. I’ll take it even further in saying it means not being apologetic about southern history and showing southern pride. I don’t care what you have to say about slavery, political correctness or whatever lefty agenda you support. I will not tolerate being linked to Nazis because I support southern history and heritage. Your post is a great example of why I hold the far left in extreme contempt. How dare you link those who disagree with you with the evil of Nazis. Outrageous

That's your take, and while you're welcome to it, you absolutely do not speak for all of us with Confederate heritage.

While I know many of the details of what my ancestors did during the war, since I come from a family with a long history of writing things down, I find it far more inspiring to know that they made constructive lives for themselves and those in their communities after the war, working hard for reconciliation, understanding and reunification, taking the Oath and serving in local and state government, supporting education and economic opportunity for people of both races, and being men and women of peace and progress and healing.

My g-g-grandfather, who was a field officer Confederate Major with Armistead during Pickett's Charge, would only say, "It was a big mistake" when my then young child father would ask him about his war experiences later on (the Major lived to a great age). He had moved on, not forgetting the lessons of the past, but not choosing to live there, either.

As for embracing what you term "Confederate values" - states' rights and so on - those values are not mine nor are they relevant or constructive in today's world. It ain't 1861 anymore.

Of course, that's my ancestors, who most likely were not yours.

BTW, I don't think you're a Nazi and I do get why you find that so offensive. I would too and know that the equation of Nazis with the historic Confederates is very much false. But those ignorant Tiki-torch terrorists in Charlottesville had precious little to do with honoring anything about their ancestors - they were there to hate.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 10-27-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies