Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 04:29 PM

25,785 posts, read 16,419,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Oh for God's sake. The stupidity of this thread's devolvement is nauseating and scary. Today should be a painful day for everyone. The idea that the most recent community and congregation of slaughtered Americans by an American has to be placed into a partisan category and ranked as to how much grieving we can do or not do is absurd.

The attack was against all of us and until each of us can feel another's pain than we have not grown as a country.
And the ridiculous comments espoused here are not going to make anything better.

The America I used to know would be grieving for the Americans massacred today. And they would be still grieving for the Sandy Hook American babes and the Texas Americans mowed down as they worshipped and the black American Baptists who met the same fate and etc etc etc.

This nonsense is anti-American. To continue to contribute to the hate and ugly that happened to all of us today is anti-American. Why is anyone who claims to be an American acting this way
A couple of things need to change. Politics should not be allowed on social media and if it is it should be moderated and the sites held liable for what is published on it.

It’s beyond disgusting some of the posts made with no information by people.

Politics on social media is killing people.

16,152 posts, read 10,297,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Oh for God's sake. The stupidity of this thread's devolvement is nauseating and scary. Today should be a painful day for everyone. The idea that the most recent community and congregation of slaughtered Americans by an American has to be placed into a partisan category and ranked as to how much grieving we can do or not do is absurd.

The attack was against all of us and until each of us can feel another's pain than we have not grown as a country.
And the ridiculous comments espoused here are not going to make anything better.

The America I used to know would be grieving for the Americans massacred today. And they would be still grieving for the Sandy Hook American babes and the Texas Americans mowed down as they worshipped and the black American Baptists who met the same fate and etc etc etc.

This nonsense is anti-American. To continue to contribute to the hate and ugly that happened to all of us today is anti-American. Why is anyone who claims to be an American acting this way
Thank you. I saw a post in the first page or two blaming this on Democrats and I decided to skip the other 42 page. This is not a political issue, along with anti-Trump stuff the guy wore anti-BLM and ANTIFA gear. Racist do not belong to a specific party, they are a breed unto themselves.

I'm glad they captured this guy instead of killing him. I want to learn more, I want to see him suffer in prison forever for this.

21,403 posts, read 10,482,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Are you kidding me? The Democrats are far stronger defenders of the First Amendment than are many of the current crop of Republicans, as well as historically.

Look who typically tries to censor speech, newspapers, books, public and school libraries - it's not the Democrats.

What proof do you have that Democrats want to outlaw criticism of religion? Please cite your source for this remarkable notion.
Your living in the past man. Yes, Democrats were always the one defending free speech and the conservatives were the book and record burners when I was a teenager, but these days it’s the left leaning ones who shout down speakers and demand they don’t get a platform, and the ones who want hate speech laws. The European Court on Human Rights just handed down a decision that free speech has limits when it comes to offending people’s religion. That’s the natural progression when people want hate speech laws.

And who was it just recently calling for women claiming sexual assault must be believed?

8,224 posts, read 3,472,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Being a Christian means follower of Christ; and Jesus Christ himself practiced love, peace & forgiveness. He never did anything harm to anyone.

Unlike Jews and Muslims they do not have that in their faith. Plenty of Jews have killed thousands and thousands innocent men, women and children civilians as we can see daily occurrence in Israel. If they were Christians this may have not happened due to Christianity forbidding any evil act. When the Pope was shot by a Muslim he forgave him and asked him to be released from prison. Will any Jews or Muslims ever forgive?

Jews used to love when early Christians were fed to lions in the Roman Empire for being follower of Christ, and let’s not forget how they demanded Christ to be killed.

Nazi Germany was NOT Christian by any chance. Some Christians were also killed in fact most holocaust victims were non-Jews.

This anti-Christian is sickening
Catholic here. You need to open a history book.
Christians were in the SS and Wermacht.

That does not mean Christians are nazis.

If you are under the impression Christians and any Christian denomination is incapable of violence, you're delusional.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:30 PM

12,952 posts, read 9,587,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Three terrorist attacks this week: mail bombs, Kentucky Kroger shooting (suspect shot and killed two black people in a grocery store, he tried to enter a black church earlier that day), and now this synagogue shooting.

All three attackers are middle-aged white males. All three attackers are registered Republicans.

Seems like the threat from angry Republicans is more of a danger to American citizens than some caravan of desparate South Americans seeking safety from cartel and political violence.
Absolutely

Old 10-27-2018, 04:31 PM

39,009 posts, read 51,017,655 times
The last few days have given us a glimpse of Trump's America. We have a guy who shot two black people just because, a bomb throwing Trump fanatic attacking Trump's critics, and now a neo-nazi gunning down worshippers at a synagogue. I liked this country a lot better before we were great again.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:32 PM

7,289 posts, read 4,068,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Hahahahahaha, that's funny.
I thought it was strange that you provided that link on behalf of McGowdog the plagiarist.

Especially after I stated who the source of the list was (Breitbart) and already knew the link.

And then you asked me if I was happy.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:33 PM

25,785 posts, read 16,419,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The last few days have given us a glimpse of Trump's America. We have a guy who shot two black people just because, a bomb throwing Trump fanatic attacking Trump's critics, and now a neo-nazi gunning down worshippers at a synagogue. I liked this country a lot better when we were not great again.
You realize that neo Nazis have been around for a long time right? And this guy hated Trump.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:34 PM

39,009 posts, read 51,017,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You realize that neo Nazis have been around for a long time right? And this guy hated Trump.
Yes and yes. And he only hated Trump because he was not Nazi enough. I think we both know how the guy voted.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:35 PM

7,289 posts, read 4,068,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A couple of things need to change. Politics should not be allowed on social media and if it is it should be moderated and the sites held liable for what is published on it.

It’s beyond disgusting some of the posts made with no information by people.

Politics on social media is killing people.
Yes. Ban free speech. Excellent idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies