Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 10:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Kentucky Kroger Shooter targeted black victims
So much hate...

This event.

The MAGA bomber.

The Pittsburgh massacre.

Who's stoking the flames?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 10:09 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
We need more of this on C-D because it seems like most people here think ALL shootings and bombings have a political slant and that's just not true. For instance, the guy in Pittsburg appears to be so far right-wing that he can't really be accused of being representative of true right-wingers. Dylann Roof probably never voted in his short life before being arrested.

There's only two major political parties in America so it stands to reason that almost everyone will share qualities with one more than the other even if they are not registered. The folks pointing fingers sat the other party here on C-D are doing it wrong.
Agreed. I can appreciate people having strong political orientations but at some point when they try to take any bad action, tragedy or other event and turn it into a condemnation of 35% of the country....or a racial group....or a religious group....then I think they're perpetuating not just hate but stupidity because it makes no logical sense.

Good post. Slow down man, I can't rep you that fast.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
I live about an hour from Louisville, its not a racist town by a long shot, but there are many other places in the state that are VERY racist to this day, the Klan is still big in a handful of little KY towns. I have a good friend whose father is county sheriff in an eastern KY county and he is a proud Klan member himself, has been for his entire life.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:59 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
I don't think Donald Trump made a single comment about this tragedy. He did however comment via twitter on the baseball strategy of LA Dodgers Manager Dave Roberts in World Series Game #4. His WS tweet was actually the very next tweet DJT made after one hours earlier regarding the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. It was made late at night after he returned to the WH after his Saturday campaign rallies.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Agreed. I can appreciate people having strong political orientations but at some point when they try to take any bad action, tragedy or other event and turn it into a condemnation of 35% of the country....or a racial group....or a religious group....then I think they're perpetuating not just hate but stupidity because it makes no logical sense.

Good post. Slow down man, I can't rep you that fast.
I do agree somewhat, but there is something to be said for people that do take 'bad actions'.

I use this example alot, but its really a great example..the Boston Tea party event...this was a small group of men who stole property that was not theirs, and destroyed it, just because they didnt agree with the taxes or the Govt in power at the time.

Today, such a thing would be considered 'domestic terrorism', but we celebrate the people who did this?!!

Point is, sometimes a 'bad action' can be a good thing

Old 10-28-2018, 11:14 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
If the killer had mental health issues, what the hell was he allowed to own a gun?
The NRA thinks mentally ill people have a right to buy weapons.

However, people who attend NRA convention CANNOT carry weapons.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:36 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
The shooter also sexually assaulted someone at the UPS package sorting hub but the union got him reinstated to his job. Several judges had ordered him to have all his weapons confiscated. It's likely he would've been unable to purchase another gun legally. A citizen with a legal conceal carry handgun confronted him in the store and chased into the parking lot. This could have been much worse than it already is. One victim was shopping with his 12 year old grandson. Hopefully the perp gets the death penalty.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I don't think Donald Trump made a single comment about this tragedy. He did however comment via twitter on the baseball strategy of LA Dodgers Manager Dave Roberts in World Series Game #4. His WS tweet was actually the very next tweet DJT made after one hours earlier regarding the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. It was made late at night after he returned to the WH after his Saturday campaign rallies.
Is he suppose to comment about every single murder in the US now?

Last month a white woman in DC was stabbed to death while jogging by a black guy, determined it was a hate crime because he attacked her because she was white. Did Trump make a comment on that? Just how wide spread was the media coverage of that?

Old 10-28-2018, 10:38 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Is he suppose to comment about every single murder in the US now?

Last month a white woman in DC was stabbed to death while jogging by a black guy, determined it was a hate crime because he attacked her because she was white. Did Trump make a comment on that? Just how wide spread was the media coverage of that?
Same city, the article won't mention race but it can be seen clear as day in the video:

VIDEO | Mother and son beaten up at Louisville skate park - WDRB 41 Louisville News

So why isn't this a hate crime? Answer, is it doesn't fit mainstream media agenda. That's why that white woman in DC killed in a hate crime will never be reported that way (I never heard of it til you told me)

Old 10-28-2018, 11:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
No more tragic than every other tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies