Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 01:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Those are all Republican- funded sources (so biased or downright misleading)

In the case of Alex Jones that number is pure fantasy.

Attacking the messenger, is a fools errand.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
As we have seen - hateful speech leads to hateful actions. No one wants to host that.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:31 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
A Washington Post headline from 2016? You serious?

Try this one on for size.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/t...s-traffic.html

Old 11-01-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/t...s-traffic.html
From your own link.

The analysis did not include traffic to the two-month-old Infowars app or views of videos that Mr. Jones posted on Twitter, where his accounts remain active. He also still shares posts inside private Facebook groups, and his followers repost his content from their social-media accounts. But data suggest that those sources of traffic are smaller than Mr. Jones’s main Facebook and YouTube pages.
That Facebook and Google, which owns YouTube, muffled one of the internet’s loudest voices so quickly illustrates the tremendous influence a few internet companies have over public discourse and the spread of information.

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

It's all an act. He stated so in public court documents.

Maybe a Utube channel for false newspeople who state that all that they are stating is an act.

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Those in fear, speculate while writing a book.
Why avoid the facts and you all would not have to fantasize with speculation.
My hope is that you can explain some things since you pay attention to all of this.

Will it be free like other social media? Why or why not?

If a "Fundamental Muslim Social Media" in the USA free speech if it reflects approx. the same level hate that these new social media sites do? That is - as long as the SITE ITSELF or the hosts or admins do not directly participate after the mob has organize, they shouldn't be held to any standard, right?

I was hoping to have a sane conversation about these two items - for starters. You have to have a plan in order to succeed. I doubt the Constitution says "Free Speech for Whites and Guns and Dog Whistles but none for others".

Old 11-01-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
As we have seen - hateful speech leads to hateful actions. No one wants to host that.
No social media post has killed anyone.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
My hope is that you can explain some things since you pay attention to all of this.

Will it be free like other social media? Why or why not?

If a "Fundamental Muslim Social Media" in the USA free speech if it reflects approx. the same level hate that these new social media sites do? That is - as long as the SITE ITSELF or the hosts or admins do not directly participate after the mob has organize, they shouldn't be held to any standard, right?

I was hoping to have a sane conversation about these two items - for starters. You have to have a plan in order to succeed. I doubt the Constitution says "Free Speech for Whites and Guns and Dog Whistles but none for others".
What is hard to understand... GAB allows free speech from everyone.
Why deal in the hypothetical, when facts are present.

GAB swayed Brazil's recent election, after Twitter booted all the Tropical Trump's supporters.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
From your own link.

That Facebook and Google, which owns YouTube, muffled one of the internet’s loudest voices so quickly illustrates the tremendous influence a few internet companies have over public discourse and the spread of information.
You are correct in a sense - Amazon has quite a reach too. So does Apple. Back in the daze, Microsoft and IBM had a lot of pull also.

The real key here is that anyone can create a better search engine or social media site. There is no law limiting the internet to FB and Google or anyone else.

BTW, it's probably a nice factoid to note the busiest sites on the net. Most of them earned it...the hard way. My point - if not clear - is that not only do I support GAB and as many sites as wish to operate, but they have existed for decades...or longer!

https://www.quantcast.com/top-sites/

Also, Reddit is pretty far down the free speech trail. You can find a group there discussing their heroin habits, etc.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:42 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
I can claim I have millions of views, but doesn't make it so. Maybe sites like Alexa, Quantcast, etc hold some clues, but would definitely need outside verification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies