Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 11:05 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
I said ONE OF the most accurate polls I didn't say it was THE most accurate poll.

LOL - but the most accurate poll currently says that black voters have a 9% favorable view of Trump.

So why wouldn't you go with the most accurate instead of the runner up?

And again, I'd really like to see Rasmussen's detail report. I think they are combining blacks and hispanics based on reviewing the IBD report.

May ask one of my librarian friends if they have a subscription to Rasmussen to see if I can view the detail. Every time you all post/respond in one of these threads, you only post a summary and we can never review the detailed information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 11:20 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Is there a single City-Data member in this thread who TRULY believes that Trump has support from 40% of Black America?

Sure, I expect the low-IQ, mouth-breathing Trumplings to believe it...but no independent thinker would buy such hogwash. FAKE NEWS.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:50 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Is there a single City-Data member in this thread who TRULY believes that Trump has support from 40% of Black America?

Sure, I expect the low-IQ, mouth-breathing Trumplings to believe it...but no independent thinker would buy such hogwash. FAKE NEWS.

Well, how low of an IQ would democrats have to have to believe that Hillary was going to get the same voter turnout as Obama did?

The polling, and projections that had Hillary ahead all depended on Hillary getting the same turnout, that was never going to happen.

That is how I knew Hillary was never up by 10 points.

I explained this to the dems in a number of threads, but they didn't believe me.

Oh well, I guess the dems IQ was too low.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'd honestly like to see the full detail report with race, gender, marital status, political ideology, urban/suburban/rurle, etc.

I've never seen one for Rasmussen and posting the IBD/TIPP poll above made me wonder about them not posting this information.

I know they and most other polling organizations do ask for subscriptions to their services and I'm wondering if they have a combined black/hispanic category and how many black people they are including in their poll along with the political ideology of those persons.
As would I.
I looked all over their site for it and found nothing.
They are not forthcoming about the breakdowns.

Perhaps the OP could enlighten us about how that 40% number and screenshot were obtained.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:06 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
As would I.
I looked all over their site for it and found nothing.
They are not forthcoming about the breakdowns.

Perhaps the OP could enlighten us about how that 40% number and screenshot were obtained.
Rasmussen holds close how they come up with their voter model. Always have. And if you follow them, you note that the approval rating looking like a sine wave that moves between +1 and -4. Whenever it breaks even the Trumpists tout it. A couple days later, like now, it is back down again and they fall silent.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:11 AM

391 posts, read 158,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL - but the most accurate poll currently says that black voters have a 9% favorable view of Trump.

So why wouldn't you go with the most accurate instead of the runner up?

And again, I'd really like to see Rasmussen's detail report. I think they are combining blacks and hispanics based on reviewing the IBD report.

May ask one of my librarian friends if they have a subscription to Rasmussen to see if I can view the detail. Every time you all post/respond in one of these threads, you only post a summary and we can never review the detailed information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Do you believe the NAACP Poll? I mean a group FOR black folks,polling ONLY black folks and they said he had 36% so a 4% increase in a few months isn't unheard of. Man I wish it was Tuesday already.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:28 AM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
right click on the image.....copy image address....paste address in bar....enter

Old 11-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Do you believe the NAACP Poll? I mean a group FOR black folks,polling ONLY black folks and they said he had 36% so a 4% increase in a few months isn't unheard of. Man I wish it was Tuesday already.

FYI - NAACP doesn't "poll." They have other organizations use data from national polls like Rasmussen to create reports...

I wish people would actually read the real sources of media outlets and had some common sense. The only sources that said it was an "NAACP Poll" were ultra conservative media outlets. NAACP's own site states they hired a company to review national poll data for them...

Old 11-01-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
right click on the image.....copy image address....paste address in bar....enter

An image doesn't provide information on where the data in the image came from....

I'd like to see the actual report from Rasmussen, they should have a similar one to the one I posted earlier from IBD.

IBD for quite a few categories mixed blacks and hispanics together and when they did that the view of Trump was similar to what you all are speaking of in the Rasmussen poll - about 25-42%.

It would be more transparent for Rasmussen to have a link to their actual data and not a screen shot of a graph. FYI - graphs are created from data from what is called a "detail report."

Old 11-01-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rasmussen holds close how they come up with their voter model. Always have. And if you follow them, you note that the approval rating looking like a sine wave that moves between +1 and -4. Whenever it breaks even the Trumpists tout it. A couple days later, like now, it is back down again and they fall silent.

I just want to know if their approval ratings category includes both blacks and hispanics. You can't tell from the pictures they post lol.

I honestly would like to know mostly due to reviewing the other information. In the IBD poll info I posted, for one of the "satisfied/not satisfied" questions regarding Trump, they lumped blacks and hispanics together and when they did that Trump got a 42% "satisfied" rating from that column. However when it was blacks alone and they asked if people approved/disapproved, only 9% of blacks "approved."

IMO that shows some fudging of numbers. Blacks and Hispanics are not the same politically or ethnically and even not culturally when it comes to "black Hispanics." However, most of the "black Hispanics" I know are more "black" focused on issues pertaining to Trump and perceived/real racism, IMO because they actually deal more with race based racism than more typical and/or "white Hispanics."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies