Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 11:57 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times

Advertisements

This was from the last post on another thread about sexual assault that was shut down. I mentioned Matt Lauer's situation. His accuser said she felt ashamed afterwards. I suspect it's because she had sex with her married boss in his office during business hours against company policy. It doesn't make the act any less consensual. I've read nothing to suggest she was coerced or assaulted.

The response to this in its entirety, from Mircea, was:

Quote:
Sex with someone who has power or authority over you is not inherently consensual.

Sex in order to keep your job or to retain favor with superiors so that you are not denied pay raises, promotions or advancement because you won't have sex with them can never be consensual.

Matt Lauer is a predator, just like Bill Clinton, and Lauer had sex in his office for the same reason Clinton had sex in the Oval Office, because they were on egotistical power trips, which is the hallmark of a predator.
I'd love to continue the discussion here.

An ego power trip doesn't make sex less consensual. Wanting to sleep with many women doesn't make one a predator. Is there something else I missed with Matt Lauer's co-worker and Monica Lewinsky?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 12:13 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
I think women are attracted to males with power or authority and have consensual sex in part because of that. Or they want something in exchange, which is not the same thing as being denied something if they don't engage in sexual relations, then once they get it they vengefully, falsely claim sexual harassment. Claiming sexual harassment itself can't get them things.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:24 AM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Liberals love to judge heterosexual relationships. If it is two men having sex, or two people that don't know what they are, all is well and good. If it is a man and a women they feel obliged, even obligated to intervene, make demands, and construct rules which they believe are binding for the world.

They should just shut up. I can't wait until the country rebels agaisnt this ****. Liberalism is like cheap whiskey...some peope like the way it makes them feel, but eventually, most at the table get sick and puke.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:14 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Puh lease.

There has been a cohort of women who trade sex for what they want always. I used to work with a guy whose fiance broke off their engagement because her boss offered (and delivered) a huge promotion for accompanying him to Cancun. She took it, got the promotion and as far as he knew, she thrived in the new job.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:38 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
bull crap
how do you EVEN define or quantify this

this just leaves too many doors open...someone is always "going to have authority" over someone else

libs want to eliminate bad decisions and blame some one else

unless you are underage, it is always concenting unless you are physically forced

Old 10-30-2018, 07:11 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
How is "engage in sexual favors with me or suffer consequences from your job" consensual?

Old 10-30-2018, 07:20 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
This was from the last post on another thread about sexual assault that was shut down. I mentioned Matt Lauer's situation. His accuser said she felt ashamed afterwards. I suspect it's because she had sex with her married boss in his office during business hours against company policy. It doesn't make the act any less consensual. I've read nothing to suggest she was coerced or assaulted.

The response to this in its entirety, from Mircea, was:

I'd love to continue the discussion here.

An ego power trip doesn't make sex less consensual. Wanting to sleep with many women doesn't make one a predator. Is there something else I missed with Matt Lauer's co-worker and Monica Lewinsky?
Monica specifically targeted Bill Clinton because SHE had a power trip to be able to attract the president. She threw herself at him, and he not being a faithful husband, was happy to oblige. That was completely consensual.

Women who sleep with powerful men often have these power trips themselves. Sometimes they are just so attracted to these men they don't mind being a side piece, they just want to be close to them in some way and it has nothing to do with favors. The man giving them that attention is enough. If they get delusional and think it is more than that then the man has a problem, with a stalker, a blabbermouth or a #metoo.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:24 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
How many marriages are borne from employer/ employee relationships? Sorry not everyone is a victim.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:31 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
I agree, not everyone is a victim. I've been in the workforce for many years. Fortunately, I've never been in a position where I felt pressured to do something to keep my job.

There have been instances "offered" with no strings attached. No punishment if I declined, no reward if I accepted. People get to working together and they build an attraction or whatever you want to call it I've witnessed some of these "relationships" from the sidelines. All very consensual even if one held a higher position than the other. So it's now always about someone using their position for power over another.

Now, I'm not saying these were appropriate for the workplace. They really never are.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:34 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
How is "engage in sexual favors with me or suffer consequences from your job" consensual?
Agreed, but what do you call it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies