Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 05:44 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But the same argument should apply to white households doing better than black and Hispanic.

When any groups does better than whites, it's merit and white failure. And if any groups do worse than whites, it's due to white failure. Screw that scapegoat.
The same argument does apply to all circumstances. Create a culture of excellence, hard work, pride, education and success. White people need to do better at this. So do black people. So do Hispanics.

The thing that gets tiresome is people whining all the time because some group is doing better than them. I'm a white guy. The fact that I'm not independently wealthy isn't because I'm not Jewish or Chinese or whatever. It's because I didn't take risks, work as hard, create my own business, etc. I put in above-average work in my life, and got above-average wealth. You tend to get out of life what you put into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 05:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The same argument does apply to all circumstances. Create a culture of excellence, hard work, pride, education and success. White people need to do better at this. So do black people. So do Hispanics.

The thing that gets tiresome is people whining all the time because some group is doing better than them. I'm a white guy. The fact that I'm not independently wealthy isn't because I'm not Jewish or Chinese or whatever. It's because I didn't take risks, work as hard, create my own business, etc. I put in above-average work in my life, and got above-average wealth. You tend to get out of life what you put into it.
Completely agree. Everyone must compete for scant resources against their competitors both within their race and without.

If Democrats want more equality then why don't they end open borders, which brings competitive Asians at the high end and others at the lower end .

Old 10-30-2018, 06:02 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Jews have been discriminated against for many centuries, so they have developed an unusually strong sense of solidarity and predisposition towards mutual help and support.

In my opinion, Jews believe in race unity. If Europeans help each other, they will be unbeatable, if Asians help each other, they will be unbeatable, but it is not the reality.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:06 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
If you took everything from everybody and put them on a new land, guess what the outcome would be?

Old 10-30-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Jews have been discriminated against for many centuries, so they have developed an unusually strong sense of solidarity and predisposition towards mutual help and support.

In my opinion, Jews believe in race unity. If Europeans help each other, they will be unbeatable, if Asians help each other, they will be unbeatable, but it is not the reality.
No that's backwards really, Jewish ethnic solidarity developed discrimination towards them. I don't mean to start that debate but let's not blame everyone else for Jewish ethnocentrism that always existed.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
No that's backwards really, Jewish ethnic solidarity developed discrimination towards them. I don't mean to start that debate but let's not blame everyone else for Jewish ethnocentrism that always existed.
Nobody is blaming here.

The point here is that they have developed an unusually strong sense of solidarity and predisposition towards mutual help and support.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nobody is blaming here.

The point here is that they have developed an unusually strong sense of solidarity and predisposition towards mutual help and support.
No they have been tribal and had strong solidarity for thousands of years from their very beginnings in the near East. You might blame some others for being reactionary to that but not for Jewish strong sense of ethnic solidarity which always existed. Westerners view that as nepotism, favoritism and cronyism. And now liberals call whites racist for having any solidarity.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
No they have been tribal and had strong solidarity for thousands of years from there very beginnings in the near East. You might blame some others for being reactionary to that but not for their strong sense of ethnic solidarity which always existed.
well, then they developed an unusually strong sense of solidarity after the war. How about that?

Old 10-30-2018, 06:22 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"...why do Jewish people and Asians make more than Caucasians?"

make more of what?
Ends meat. (sic)

Old 10-30-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

In term of Chinese, I'd say regulatory freedom contributes to their success.. - at the end of the 70’s, between 80′ and 00’s there were many years of relatively open atmosphere where regulations in many industries were vacant with a lot of liberty granted to the businesses in a free-market ‘wild-west’ sort of environment for that particular generation of entrepreneurs and ‘risk takers‘ to flourish and grow rapidly.

I am not very impressed by Chinese work ethic, but that is just me. I think their work ethic is just about average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies