Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 07:39 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I read today that Christine Blasey Ford is now over a MILLION in donations.

She says "Thank You".

Some people have Class and some just want the Money. That's life.
She’s going to need it for legal fees. AG Sessions has her on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 07:41 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I'd rather have seen him give the 600k to something like the innocence project but he'd probably get in trouble for doing that or picking pretty much any charity.

Probably smart to just turn it down completely so you don't have the specter arise years later when you're on a SCOTUS case and someone digs up that somebody on one side of the case "paid" him 1,000 via that go fund me. Even if completely unrelated, it would create a political circus.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:43 AM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd rather have seen him give the 600k to something like the innocence project but he'd probably get in trouble for doing that or picking pretty much any charity.

Probably smart to just turn it down completely so you don't have the specter arise years later when you're on a SCOTUS case and someone digs up that somebody on one side of the case "paid" him 1,000 via that go fund me. Even if completely unrelated, it would create a political circus.
Yes, thus the reason he turned it down for "judicial concerns", anything else would be incredibly stupid.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-31-2018, 09:20 AM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:

I agree.

The guy who'd set up the go fund me account had mentioned that if BK didn't accept the money then it would go to a charity, since BK wasn't responding to him about the money in that account. At the time he said that he wasn't sure how it would work, accepting money for BK but giving it to someone else-charity. He said he had to get with the people at go fund me to iron that out.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
If true then he lied under oath. He said it was for baseball tickets and friends reimbursed him.

If his parents did foot the bills I hope they reported it to the IRS. There are limits on such gifts.
Okay then, the whole deal was squared away it seems. Since there is a plausible explanation there was no reason for the person I was responding to in this thread to even bring it up, and to make it sound like something nefarious had happened. It was posted to create drama I guess.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I would like to see YOU turn down money when you've had to uproot your life, get death threats and hire personal guards to protect yourself. No money is going to pay for what she had to go through.

See above..... right, she lied 'cus she loves getting attention and death threats just for sh&ts and giggles....

A sham investigation won't exonerate a guilty man..
It was her choice to uproot her life and to hire body guards. You do know that Ford's accusation had caused BK and his family to receive death threats, too, don't you?

She should have known that receiving death threats would happen if her name was put out to the public. If someone's name is made public for any reason at all then they or their families are going to get death threats. Even survivors and families of victims in events like 9/11, Murrah bombing, LV shooting and school shootings, etc., received death threats. Even some game developers had received death threats, and it was over having butterflies in a scene in the trailer for a new game but not actually having them in the game itself . There are lots of really weird people out there.

"I remember thinking to myself: 'Maybe when you're sending a death threat about butterflies in a game, you might be the bad guy....'""
https://games.slashdot.org/story/18/...er-no-mans-sky

Old 10-31-2018, 09:57 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I would like to see YOU turn down money when you've had to uproot your life, get death threats and hire personal guards to protect yourself. No money is going to pay for what she had to go through.

See above..... right, she lied 'cus she loves getting attention and death threats just for sh&ts and giggles....

A sham investigation won't exonerate a guilty man..
A million dollars is hardly sh&ts and giggles. We know she had other motivations too, like abortion. And the speaking fees. And the accolades.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:

It’s called ethics. But I do wonder what happens when someone turns down a GoFundMe account. Do the donees get their money refunded?

Old 10-31-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I agree.

The guy who'd set up the go fund me account had mentioned that if BK didn't accept the money then it would go to a charity, since BK wasn't responding to him about the money in that account. At the time he said that he wasn't sure how it would work, accepting money for BK but giving it to someone else-charity. He said he had to get with the people at go fund me to iron that out.
Okay, then I vote for The Innocence Project like Mathguy said. Certainly not the ACLU since they’re not even living up to their mission now, defending the first amendment.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:03 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Justice Kavanaugh declines more than $600,000 raised in GoFundMe campaign

finance.yahoo.com/news/justice-kavanaugh-declines-600000-raised-gofundme-campaign-204550626.html

Will Ford decline any of her money? Or use it to take more plane rides that frighten her?
Optics. He's already bought and paid for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies