Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 02:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
No its not. Mainline communism disagrees with cultural Marxism. Send a cultural Marxist to Norht Korea, and see what the North Korean government will do with such people. I disagree with calling sjws and feminists communist, just as much how I disagree with calling Nazis white supremacist. All of such are mutually different.
Communism has various forms or manifestations but cultural Marxism is the application of communist principles to culture and race, and was a creation of communist in Europe most likely the Frankfurt School and critical theory imported to the US or rather ran out of Germany in the 1930s by the Nazi party. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...hanged-america

PCism is really a political contrivances of Democrats and globalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 02:33 PM

16,364 posts, read 8,451,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
They weren't "racists getting in trouble" they were white citizens celebrating Halloween or what have you being made sacrificial lambs by large corporate employers mostly in accordance with PCism.
Bingo

Old 10-31-2018, 02:35 PM

24,399 posts, read 9,271,111 times
The PC culture in this country is insane.

Where was the outrage when the Wayans brothers dressed as white women and made a movie about it?

Old 10-31-2018, 02:38 PM

1,239 posts, read 507,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Bingo
This is a forum, with multiple threads, and he's been all over them defending multiple racists.
I already said that this girl was likely just a moron. Most companies try to avoid employing morons though.

As for actors doing blackface in the past; If you're an adult, and can't see the difference on your own, people aren't going to waste their time trying to explain it to you.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,782,404 times
Quote:
So it's acceptable for employers to assume the role of dictators? Dictating everything that can or cannot happen under the American sun? That's the logical conclusion.
I don't think employers are assuming the role of dictators.

Employers do have a right to protect their own reputations, and employees reflect on those reputations, so to some degree employees have to recognize that and behave in ways to reflect that. But they aren't telling employees where to live, or who to date, or where to take their vacations. They are saying that insofar as the employer is selling something to the public, be it a product or a service or both, that the public's perception of the business affects the bottom line, profits. And if an employee's actions negatively impact on profits, that will effect the employee's employment.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:46 PM

16,364 posts, read 8,451,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Racist people of all types are going to think of themselves as the victim when they find that a majority of people do not favor racism and bigotry. Racist individuals do not like being called out. They want racism to be normal. Portraying themselves to be victims is their way of gaslighting.
Wrong

People don't want to conform to what some leftist group thinks is racist, vs. what constituties real racism. People are fed up with liberal orthodoxy of a speech codes/behavior, lest PC be used to make them conform or be unfairly labeled a racist.

In the case of this thread, kids or even adults wearing a costume of any kind were never accused of what is called "cultural appropriation" like it is today by liberal wack jobs.
I never even remember hearing such a term until recent years.
So if some kid of any race (except red) wears an Indian outfit, they should not be accused of racism. That goes for black, brown, yellow or white.
Another words, people who are not racists don't accept leftists definition of what is, and is not, racist.

Also read this post on the double standard and ask yourself if you consider Ted Danson a racist or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You know they wont because of the double standard and flat out hypocrisy. If a moderate or conservative did what Ted Danson did as a comedy skit, they would have been ruined for life by the leftist MSM/Hollywood. Remember, he didn't just dress up in blackface, he repeated used the so called "n word", did Sieg Heil salutes, ate watermelon on stage, and generally made a total fool of himself.
Yet there was Whoopi right there by his side, smiling, laughing and eventually defending him.

`

If not, then why not?

`

Old 10-31-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
So employers only get to decide what's "stupid"? I say it's stupid to fire someone for a Halloween costume. I think it's stupid to make other people's business your own.
They aren't making other people's business their own. They are protecting their own business.

But I agree with you that this is a slippery slope, and the current environment is affecting employers and some terminations that even a year ago would have provoked a different response. Social media has certainly ramped up reactions to some behaviors, and businesses are responding to the rising tensions.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think employers are assuming the role of dictators.

Employers do have a right to protect their own reputations, and employees reflect on those reputations, so to some degree employees have to recognize that and behave in ways to reflect that. But they aren't telling employees where to live, or who to date, or where to take their vacations. They are saying that insofar as the employer is selling something to the public, be it a product or a service or both, that the public's perception of the business affects the bottom line, profits. And if an employee's actions negatively impact on profits, that will effect the employee's employment.
What I'm saying is Democrats are pulling the strings and using employers to dictate policy.

You say employers have a right to protect their reputation, but who made things like Halloween costumes of employees a matter of reputation to begin with? Democrats did. This is about democrats playing identity politics against whites and controlling speech fundamentally .

Old 10-31-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
The employer didn't put her in jail or enforce corporal (or capital) punishment. They didn't make her part of a chain gang or force her to go work in a labor camp. They didn't burn her house down or force her landlord or mortgage holder to evict her. They didn't make it so she could be convicted of trespassing at the grocery store. They didn't exile her to Canada, Egypt, or Antarctica. So no, the employer is not assuming the role of a dictator.

They are, however, allowed to dictate who works for their company and who does not. I'm going to assume that you would not allow someone to work at a company you owned if they insisted on wearing an "Impeach Trump" t-shirt. Neither would I, mainly because I wouldn't want to alienate half of my customers. And making that judgement call would be your right as an employer.

Two tips:

`1. If you don't want to get fired, don't do stupid things that will offend a large percentage of the population, particularly if you are serving the public, regardless of whether you think it's offensive or not.

2. If you want to be the one making the rules about who works somewhere, go start your own company or get hired as a manager at an existing company. Then you can hire all of the racists you want!
You make valid points, but there is the other side of the coin here. While this nurse did something stupid, it doesn't seem like she did it with any malice. Blackface is offensive, but for some people, that fact just goes right over their heads. In the meantime, she's lost her job. And she will hopefully find another, since she is a nurse and nurses are in high demand these days. But finding a job may be extremely difficult, because prospective employers now research the social media histories of prospective employees. People were once able to keep their professional lives and their personal lives separate, but privacy is something we as a society are losing, and what we don't seem to realize is that without privacy there isn't freedom.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:02 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,559,239 times
Quote:
Yes I am. PCism is as dangerous as communism and probably came from the same source.

Besides, I get to decide what's correct too.
In this country we have historically treated African Americans in a negative and painful way and I must say, they are still treated in the same vein by some people.

Should we dress up and glorify their negative aspects? Should we take a person's culture and make fun of it with costumes? Should we pretend to be their culture in our costume?

No.

When we fully respect every person and every culture this won't even be an object to make fun of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies