Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 09:14 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times

Advertisements

How did those Arabian girls get visas to the U.S. in the first place? It is next to impossible for a young Russian or Ukrainian girl to get a tourist visa to the USA. Who exactly is setting immigration priorities in the State Department?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 09:21 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm confused. I've counted six people in this thread say "honor killings."

I'm not saying it ISN'T an honor killing, but has any news come out yet to where so many people in this thread are confident to say it was an honor killing?
I just checked the news. Not a thing yet.

I am pretty sure it’s not a suicide. Honor killing? Maybe. Someone who hates Muslims? Maybe. Rapist? Maybe.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:40 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I just checked the news. Not a thing yet.

I am pretty sure it’s not a suicide. Honor killing? Maybe. Someone who hates Muslims? Maybe. Rapist? Maybe.
Exactly. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:49 AM

1,261 posts, read 567,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
It's the church that would call for crusades.

It's the church that was behind inquisitions.

It's the church chasing witches.

It's the church protecting pedophiles.

Religion was created to control people and empower others.
None of it was done in the name of Christ. Christianity does NOT permit killing or harmful towards anyone so nice try.

It was atheism that killed hundreds of millions of people in the former Soviet Union, in communist China and other communist facist regimes.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:07 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm confused. I've counted six people in this thread say "honor killings."

I'm not saying it ISN'T an honor killing, but has any news come out yet to where so many people in this thread are confident to say it was an honor killing?
Fair point.

Those comments were made in rebuttal to the OP's insinuation that it was the Saudi Govt. which they just picked to try to leverage it into a political stab.

Given the current climate and these two being asylum seeking "nobodies" the chances of this being a Saudi Govt. plot is pretty much zero.

That leaves open a range of possibilities and as we know in many homicides it's family or acquaintances, especially if it's 2 women seeking asylum you, me and the squirrel on the tree outside my window all know that the NYPD's very first suspect is going to be whom they are seeking asylum from as well as family members.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:54 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Honor killing....

Welcome to the religion of peace

Buy a few expensive NYC properties and the religion of peace will be welcomed. Only those with smaller bank accounts are to be banned.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:18 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Well, two less incompatible foreigners for us to have to support or deal with.

These kinds of people have no business being in our country and there is no place for them in our society.

Next time keep them out of here so we don't have to deal with imported mayhem from foreigners.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:48 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Honor killing is my guess.
Quote:
Honor killing....

Welcome to the religion of peace
you assumed, and you were wrong. Your religious bias and intolerance is showing.

State and federal investigators have ruled the deaths a suicide.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sisters-fo...ry?id=58928983

Old 11-02-2018, 02:05 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
Quote:
None of it was done in the name of Christ. Christianity does NOT permit killing or harmful towards anyone so nice try.

It was atheism that killed hundreds of millions of people in the former Soviet Union, in communist China and other communist facist regimes.
I'm sorry all those things above were done in the name of Christ, i don't agree with that persons opinion or Religion, but the history of the Catholic church and christianity is a bloody one. Research the Crusades and the Inquisition. This doesn't invalidate Christianity or its beliefs, only the fallible humans who used faith as an excuse to do horrible deeds. Go talk to your priest or pastor and they will acknowledge the misdeeds of the past. Blind Faith is what allowed Christians of those times to do horrible things because they had faith in their corrupt leaders, completly denying the truth of history because it threatens your faith is the same blindness that led to the Churches past atrocities. The Church is not Christ but a group made up of fallible humans who sometimes act in their own name ignoring the teachings of Christ.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:25 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Weird that they would travel to NYC from VA to commit suicide, there are hundreds of suicides a year where people jump from the GW bridge or Verrazano bridge but no signs of trauma. Still examining for the cause of death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies