Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 08:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
CNN is being subsidized by Soros and other liberal billionaires so they don’t have to worry about profits...but bad ratings is not good for them.
Is it now?
And you read this where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 08:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
LOL. Trumpists are just figuring out that no one watches CNN.

Which is why I find it HILARIOUS when they accuse anyone they don't agree with of watching CNN.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
FOX news tops CNN and MSNBC combined.
That’s COMBINED.
FOX viewership is up 25% from a year ago —CNN has collapsed even below the Hallmark and cartoon channel......

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...e-news-ratings
And again, I ask “why?”

Why are people so compelled to sit in front of their televisions and have someone else’s opinions fed to them in a constant stream?

Old 11-01-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I don't like either channel. Honestly, I would actually pay good money for a news channel that created shows with real conversations between members of both parties. That way we can maybe get some dialogue going and perhaps each side could get a better understanding of where the other is coming from on various topics.

Right now both FOX and CNN offer up echo chambers. If you watch Hannity, he's going to have right wing guests on who agree with him. Ditto for anyone from CNN. Or they follow the old Bill O'Reilly tactic of bringing on a opposing view point and then proceed to shouting the guy down and then claiming victory. It's boring and frankly useless. All that does is preach to the choir on each side leaving us more divided than ever.

Of course, it would require that there be a person from each party brave enough, and willing to engage in actual discussion and not just repeat the lines fed to them by the RNC/DNC. Fat chance of that happening.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
BINGO!

NONE of the cable news network are worth much of anything. ALL of them just tell their audience what the want to hear.

1/3 Commercials
1/3 "Talking Head" political blowhards just spouting their OPINIONS as FACTS .
1/3 The same "Top" stories over and over and over again every 1/2 hour.

Pretty much worthless sources of actual NEWS.

Ken
And this.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:47 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Wrong, we dont watch FOX everyday. We watch CNBC everyday.
lol so who watches? somebody watches kinda the point of the thread.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:48 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And again, I ask “why?”

Why are people so compelled to sit in front of their televisions and have someone else’s opinions fed to them in a constant stream?
Guess that's what people who watch Fox like about Sean Hannity. Or those who listen to Rush like about him. Constant opinions all the time. But it's just a bad thing if it's CNN doing it? There's nothing wrong with opinions, and I don't know of one time when CNN reported an opinion as a fact.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:51 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
lol so who watches? somebody watches kinda the point of the thread.
My post was in respond to another poster that people who watch FOX watch it all the time. I watch FOX on Election Day mostly. But that’s it, not a regular.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Guess that's what people who watch Fox like about Sean Hannity. Or those who listen to Rush like about him. Constant opinions all the time. But it's just a bad thing if it's CNN doing it? There's nothing wrong with opinions, and I don't know of one time when CNN reported an opinion as a fact.
Come on now...

Old 11-01-2018, 08:53 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Chronic Fox watchers need a daily "fix" to counteract reality and the cognitive dissonance of trying to justify support for a regime that is led by a totalitarian A-hole of a person...a crack-pot that brings shame on the country every day of his administration. Without Fox, Trump would be playing tin-God at Mar-a-Lago and golfing every day (oh, wait...he does that pretty much already.) Well, he'd be doing it on his own dime, not taxpayer's money.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:54 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Come on now...
Give me links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies