Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 04:40 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Obama- UE dropped over 6 % pts.

Trump- UE dropped 0.4 % pts.
Yeah, well, the UE Rate was 10.6%, so I would hope Obama could drop it 6 points.

The last time the UE Rate was 3.5% in the US was October 1969.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
But its a lie though. Median wages are not up. Wall Street wages are up. Not wages for Joe Sixpack adjusted for inflation.
You're the one telling lies.

From 2016 to 2017, wages increased 3.45% but all Inflation was only 2.18%, so workers got a wage gain.

Since 1989, wages have increased 150.36% through 2017, while all Inflation only increased 93% over the same period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 05:55 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yeah, well, the UE Rate was 10.6%, so I would hope Obama could drop it 6 points.

From 2016 to 2017, wages increased 3.45% but all Inflation was only 2.18%, so workers got a wage gain.

Since 1989, wages have increased 150.36% through 2017, while all Inflation only increased 93% over the same period.
You cannot seriously ignore that 76 months of positive job growth and the impact it has had on Trump's economy as you call it.

Obama inherited the worst economy any modern day President has seen.

Trump inherited 76 months of job growth....corporations enjoying profits for 7 years.......The stock market was growing steadily after having some of the biggest drops ever...(not Obama induced either).

Old 11-02-2018, 06:15 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
All thanks to the Federal Reserve's monetary policy. I do not understand how anyone can ignore,

3.5T in QE; ended Oct 2014, Operation Twist

Effectively 0% rates from December 2008 until first rate increase in December 2015

Relative monetary actions by the administration of Mr Obama were relatively puny, not contributing much and being overweighted by costly jump in regulations and unfriendly business climate.

To ignore the real player in our recovery until 2017 is either blind allegiance to Mr Obama or just plain ignorance of the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You cannot seriously ignore that 76 months of positive job growth and the impact it has had on Trump's economy as you call it.

Obama inherited the worst economy any modern day President has seen.

Trump inherited 76 months of job growth....corporations enjoying profits for 7 years.......The stock market was growing steadily after having some of the biggest drops ever...(not Obama induced either).

Old 11-02-2018, 06:35 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
As always, I welcome good economic news.

I did so during the Obama administration. I was not one of those that cried "but look at the labor participation rate". More people are retiring, and that is a fact.

Oddly, those people that disparaged such good news during Obama's term, now proclaim that this is good news under Trump.

Regardless, I issue a challenge: we all know that the economy will, at some point, go back into recession, and perhaps inflation.

The experts say that such will be due to our national debt, as well as other factors.

It is "Trump's economy", which I have no trouble with. He has been President for close to two years. The tax reform act obviously 'goosed' the economy, as well as cutting many regulations.

My challenge: if the Democrats take over the House next January 3rd, and if the economy deteriorates in 2019, will you blame the Republicans or the Democrats?

I say, the Republicans, for they set in motion the activity that will result in the next recession/depression.

What say you?

Old 11-02-2018, 06:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You do realize that at some point you are going to have come to the realization that Trump has kept the momentum going, or will you just keep denying this ? A coasting car slows down, had Trump just coasted these past two years we would not be seeing added growth.
About.the same time that you and other Republicans realized that Obama had a real recovery or Trump's economic surge is fake as well...

Old 11-02-2018, 06:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As always, I welcome good economic news.

I did so during the Obama administration. I was not one of those that cried "but look at the labor participation rate". More people are retiring, and that is a fact.

Oddly, those people that disparaged such good news during Obama's term, now proclaim that this is good news under Trump.

Regardless, I issue a challenge: we all know that the economy will, at some point, go back into recession, and perhaps inflation.

The experts say that such will be due to our national debt, as well as other factors.

It is "Trump's economy", which I have no trouble with. He has been President for close to two years. The tax reform act obviously 'goosed' the economy, as well as cutting many regulations.

My challenge: if the Democrats take over the House next January 3rd, and if the economy deteriorates in 2019, will you blame the Republicans or the Democrats?

I say, the Republicans, for they set in motion the activity that will result in the next recession/depression.

What say you?
The economy lags behind policy by a year or so. For this reason, I'll blame the Republicans. That and there is also all the potential backlash of the trade wars too...

Old 11-02-2018, 07:43 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The economy lags behind policy by a year or so. For this reason, I'll blame the Republicans. That and there is also all the potential backlash of the trade wars too...

Both parties are bought and paid for by the elite moneyed interest of those who have the most money.

The elites should get they blame directly not any political party. Elites play the tune the political puppets dance to. They remain at the top of the food chain no matter what the economy does. They will not go hungry or worry about the things main street Joe has to deal with.
It would be like blaming the symptom for the disease. The disease produces the symptom not the other way around.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:58 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
A must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMC_j0Xbdx0

Old 11-02-2018, 08:16 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Friday jobs report better than expected at 250,000 and the unemployment rate held at 3.7% Jobs not Mobs, MAGA !!!

Trump produces jobs and strong economy. That's how to MAGA !!!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sto...dist=bigcharts
There has always been available jobs. Retail stores are always hiring. The problem is no wants these low paying jobs. I'd like to hear about these new jobs though. What are their benefits. Do these companies provide healthcare, 401k plans and retirement benefits.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:39 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Well we sacrificed an awful lot of debt for a few tenths of unemployment decrease that very well may have occurred anyway. Do you attribute the employment numbers to a tax decrease that was only put in place in January 2018, or was there some other policy.

Quote:

Those are average wage gains heavily influenced by the wage gains for the top brackets, there was some gains for middle class but mostly stagnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies