Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 06:49 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
In an explosive interview with Vanity Fair, Michael Cohen confirms the obvious, that Donald Trump is a well documented racist who used racially charged rhetoric frequently prior to his election. Is anyone surprised? Yet according to some, Trumps overall approved among Blacks stands at a staggering 50%.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...social_twitter

"Blah, blah, racist......blah, blah, Hitler.......blah, blah White Supremacists..... blah, blah, insert next unimaginative, unsubstantiated BS accusation here........blah, blah.....

Old 11-02-2018, 07:06 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Is talking smack about race all you lefties can do? And if you're gullible enough to believe a known liar like Cohen you really have some serious issues.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:31 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The right cares about blacks untilm they take a knee..
also referring to them leaving the democratic party as “leaving the plantation” is pretty off putting. Claing dema are the racist party when making a racist reference to slavery.
I think both Democrats and Republicans tend to put Blacks last. However, I do find Democrats are more likely to address issues important to me such as police brutality, job discrimination, voter suppression.

I also notice this. Whenever the right brings up Democrats and racism, nearly all of it dates back to the late 19th century to the 1950s. One talks about the KKK of those days. However, it is never mentioned that southern Democrats were actually the conservatives of those times. The racist Democrats of earlier times switched to the Republican Party (particularly in the South) in the years following the passing of important civil rights legislation.

No, not every Republican is a racist. Persons like George Voinovich(former mayor of Cleveland) and John Kasich (former governor of Ohio) have shown they can do alright among Blacks. What I'm saying is that many among the right wing will often disregard why many Blacks don't have such a nice view of the Republican Party.

In Georgia where I live, we have a corrupt secretary of state running for governor, Brian Kemp. He purged voters off of the rolls claiming they no longer lived in Georgia. It was found that most of the voters he purged from the rolls still lived in Georgia. He also tried to keep newly naturalized citizens from voting, but the Supreme Court shut him down today. A large number of voters affected have been minorities. Minorities make up about 42% of the state's population. African-Americans are 30% of Georgia's population. I suspect Brian Kemp has engaged in his voter purging because he figures very few Blacks will vote for him or any Republican. To understand Georgia, it is very politically divided, and race is a major factor. Outside of the 4 highest populated counties of metro Atlanta, majority Black counties vote Democratic and majority Whites counties vote Republican. Fulton County (Atlanta) and DeKalb are Democratic. Cobb and Gwinnett counties are leaning Democratic.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:47 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think both Democrats and Republicans tend to put Blacks last. However, I do find Democrats are more likely to address issues important to me such as police brutality, job discrimination, voter suppression.

I also notice this. Whenever the right brings up Democrats and racism, nearly all of it dates back to the late 19th century to the 1950s. One talks about the KKK of those days. However, it is never mentioned that southern Democrats were actually the conservatives of those times. The racist Democrats of earlier times switched to the Republican Party (particularly in the South) in the years following the passing of important civil rights legislation.

No, not every Republican is a racist. Persons like George Voinovich(former mayor of Cleveland) and John Kasich (former governor of Ohio) have shown they can do alright among Blacks. What I'm saying is that many among the right wing will often disregard why many Blacks don't have such a nice view of the Republican Party.

In Georgia where I live, we have a corrupt secretary of state running for governor, Brian Kemp. He purged voters off of the rolls claiming they no longer lived in Georgia. It was found that most of the voters he purged from the rolls still lived in Georgia. He also tried to keep newly naturalized citizens from voting, but the Supreme Court shut him down today. A large number of voters affected have been minorities. Minorities make up about 42% of the state's population. African-Americans are 30% of Georgia's population. I suspect Brian Kemp has engaged in his voter purging because he figures very few Blacks will vote for him or any Republican. To understand Georgia, it is very politically divided, and race is a major factor. Outside of the 4 highest populated counties of metro Atlanta, majority Black counties vote Democratic and majority Whites counties vote Republican. Fulton County (Atlanta) and DeKalb are Democratic. Cobb and Gwinnett counties are leaning Democratic.
Ya I find it hilarious when blacks are brought up in support of the republican party.

Then they change their views when suddenly police brutality is brought up or any reasoning as to kneeling is brought up.

They just care about the vote and nothing else and any complaints black folks have is fake news like Voter Suppression.

I'll believe it when I see those issues brought up aswell.

I don't see dems as saints but I feel like republicans are playing nice rn for the midterms.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:59 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Ya I find it hilarious when blacks are brought up in support of the republican party.

Then they change their views when suddenly police brutality is brought up or any reasoning as to kneeling is brought up.

They just care about the vote and nothing else and any complaints black folks have is fake news like Voter Suppression.

I'll believe it when I see those issues brought up aswell.

I don't see dems as saints but I feel like republicans are playing nice rn for the midterms.
I just find it pathetic. Kanye West was Trump's little buddy when he was saying things like "slavery was a choice" and wearing the MAGA has. Many on the right suddenly loved him. When he ended all of that, suddenly the praises end.

Like you say, it is about the vote. No really interest in actually helping Blacks. Kanye West was used as a way of saying "see, we're not racist, Blacks love us".

As for those issues, Trump said he was for stop and frisk. We know S&F is unreasonable search and seizure. Less than probable cause and it opens the door for more racial profiling. A big reason NOT to vote for Trump.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:00 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Another Trump quote:

"Name one country run by a black person that isn't an s-hole country." - Donald J Trump, racist in chief
Well.... Can you name one?

Old 11-02-2018, 08:07 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
I keep forgetting about the Central Park 5.

After the boys were proven innocent by DNA evidence, DONALD TRUMP SAID THEY SHOULD BE EXECUTED ANYWAY.

Unreal. I'd love to hear a Trump supporter chime in about that.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:40 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Condscending words from Trumpers and the main idiot in chief. Why shouldn't the black vote fall in his lap?

Old 11-02-2018, 09:00 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
The Left refers to Cohen as the fixer until he "flips" and says nasty things about Trump.

Yet, as in the Leftist Kavanaugh debacle, there is no evidence and no credibility. Show me a recording or a CREDIBLE witness to the comments, and I will be concerned.

Just because you believe that Trump is a racist doesn't make it so. However....

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bl...ord-2018-09-07

Paints and entirely different reality to the Leftist plantation narrative.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:02 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The Left refers to Cohen as the fixer until he "flips" and says nasty things about Trump.

Yet, as in the Leftist Kavanaugh debacle, there is no evidence and no credibility. Show me a recording or a CREDIBLE witness to the comments, and I will be concerned.

Just because you believe that Trump is a racist doesn't make it so. However....

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bl...ord-2018-09-07

Paints and entirely different reality to the Leftist plantation narrative.

Yes, it shows a steady decline since 2012. What does that have to do with Trump making racist comments?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies