Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 03:18 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL what have I said in every thread?

We think. You feel.
Our logic is incompatible, Arguments incompatible, for we think, you feel.
I think I need to ask someone who feels as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 03:31 PM

So gun owners who say owning a gun is a very important part of their overall identity think they need to defend themselves with their guns just under twice the rate of gun owners who say their ownership is not too important or not at all important to their identity.

I wonder why gun owners who say owning a gun is a very important part of their overall identity are threatened more often.

Better?

Old 11-04-2018, 04:35 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
So gun owners who say owning a gun is a very important part of their overall identity think they need to defend themselves with their guns just under twice the rate of gun owners who say their ownership is not too important or not at all important to their identity.

I wonder why gun owners who say owning a gun is a very important part of their overall identity are threatened more often.

Better?
Just another junk poll. Most gun owners don't respond to polls.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Just another junk poll. Most gun owners don't respond to polls.
Good to know. I guess we'll never know how often gun owners who say owning a gun is a very important part of their overall identity defend themselves with their guns.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:35 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
I lived in NYC during the 70s, 80s, and 90s where crime was rampant and I live now where it could take up to 30 minutes for the police to arrive. In both situations I felt very comfortable because I had access to a firearm.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:01 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I lived in NYC during the 70s, 80s, and 90s where crime was rampant and I live now where it could take up to 30 minutes for the police to arrive. In both situations I felt very comfortable because I had access to a firearm.
A few days ago, my daughter had a home intruder with just her and the three kids at home. We assume he ran because he thought in the dark that my 6' 260lb 13 year old grandson was a man. Took the police 10 minutes to arrive.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:11 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:

Better?
I think your premise is entirely false. It is an emotionally compelled lemming mentality that seeks to exploit tragedy to further promote the feeble lemming mentality even further by subverting a civil liberty in the name of false sense of security. Being blatantly ignorant and foolish by choosing to not acknowledge the simple fact that you, the individual, are ultimately responsible for your safety and security, and that of your family.
It's a selfish agenda that is compelled by emotion by cosmopolitan dinks that is counter intuitive and deserves a 1 way ticket to the foreign nation of your choosing.

Further more I think anyone who is anti gun is not only anti American, but anti liberty, anti freedom, seeking to subvert individual liberties in favor for an Orwell future where .gov is the end all be all where the corrupt, collectivist mindset, reliance on an adult in the room to solve your problems breeding weak and feeble dolts incapable to form a cogent thought or have the ability to anything for themselves.

Nah. I'm Not buying it.

It isn't gun owners I'm concerned about.
Not at all. I believe I'm safer in a neighborhood surrounded by gun owners of all races, colors, creeds. I know for a fact I have nothing to be concerned about.

It's scumbag politicians like Andrew Cuomo who declared me to be a felon.
It's chit heel Rinos who side with anti gun busy body liberals.
It's anyone who is foolish enough to trade civil liberty in the name of a false sense of security. It's the ilk that lives in this country that want it to emulate Australia Europe etc.
It's the lemmings incapable of critical thought, who conflate and falsely equate gun owners with heinous blood lusting murderous scumbags, who I'm concerned about. They've been given the mushroom treatment. Fed chit and left in the dark.

I'll gladly start the go fund me campaign to buy your way to the nation of your choosing.
If I had to leave NY to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, ya'll can leave wholesale to the anti gun liberal utopian nation of your choosing. I'm a fair guy, I'll pay your way.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:12 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
From Page 3 of the Pew Research Center's 2017 report,
America’s Complex Relationship With Guns,

"About one-in-five (22%) gun owners who say owning a gun is a very important part of their overall identity say they’ve defended themselves with a gun. By contrast, about half as many (12%) gun owners who say their ownership is not too important or not at all important to their identity have used a gun in self-defense."

So the more they love their guns, the more often they feel the need to defend themselves with their guns.

The less they love their guns, the less often they gotta defend themselves with a gun.

I wonder why gun lovers are threatened more often.
I didn't go over the entire article, but I couldn't find where it said the 22% said they have defended themselves with a gun. If they said that, they are lying.

Yes, I own three guns, but have never had to defend myself using a gun because, thankfully that is very rare. Maybe these macho idiots go looking for trouble; I don't know. But in fact, I am aware of the statistics that say it is much more likely that my gun would harm a family member than an intruder, which is why my guns are kept locked and unloaded.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I think your premise is entirely false. It is an emotionally compelled lemming mentality that seeks to exploit tragedy to further promote the feeble lemming mentality even further by subverting a civil liberty in the name of false sense of security. Being blatantly ignorant and foolish by choosing to not acknowledge the simple fact that you, the individual, are ultimately responsible for your safety and security, and that of your family.
It's a selfish agenda that is compelled by emotion by cosmopolitan dinks that is counter intuitive and deserves a 1 way ticket to the foreign nation of your choosing.

Further more I think anyone who is anti gun is not only anti American, but anti liberty, anti freedom, seeking to subvert individual liberties in favor for an Orwell future where .gov is the end all be all where the corrupt, collectivist mindset, reliance on an adult in the room to solve your problems breeding weak and feeble dolts incapable to form a cogent thought or have the ability to anything for themselves.

Nah. I'm Not buying it.

It isn't gun owners I'm concerned about.
Not at all. I believe I'm safer in a neighborhood surrounded by gun owners of all races, colors, creeds. I know for a fact I have nothing to be concerned about.

It's scumbag politicians like Andrew Cuomo who declared me to be a felon.
It's chit heel Rinos who side with anti gun busy body liberals.
It's anyone who is foolish enough to trade civil liberty in the name of a false sense of security. It's the ilk that lives in this country that want it to emulate Australia Europe etc.
It's the lemmings incapable of critical thought, who conflate and falsely equate gun owners with heinous blood lusting murderous scumbags, who I'm concerned about. They've been given the mushroom treatment. Fed chit and left in the dark.

I'll gladly start the go fund me campaign to buy your way to the nation of your choosing.
If I had to leave NY to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, ya'll can leave wholesale to the anti gun liberal utopian nation of your choosing. I'm a fair guy, I'll pay your way.

With people like that, you place a pistol in front of them and give them 10 seconds to make a move.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I didn't go over the entire article, but I couldn't find where it said the 22% said they have defended themselves with a gun. If they said that, they are lying.

Yes, I own three guns, but have never had to defend myself using a gun because, thankfully that is very rare. Maybe these macho idiots go looking for trouble; I don't know. But in fact, I am aware of the statistics that say it is much more likely that my gun would harm a family member than an intruder, which is why my guns are kept locked and unloaded.
I have only had to tuck my shirt behind the grip twice, to turn the aggressive, into the most polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies