Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 04:28 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times

Advertisements

Removing your "I hate Trump" or "I love Trump" glasses, objectively name one thing the president has done well in your opinion and one thing the president has not done well in your opinion. Your response can be regarding anything from media, to policy to foreign affairs to his personal life...anything he has done during the presidency but you must be objective and name a plus and a delta.

Pro-he has the average person interested in politics again whereas the during the Bush and Romney years, it was unclear which direction the Republican party was going and many lost interest in politics.

Con- although I agree with some of his policy, he speaks with divisive language unheard of from any other president. It really is an us versus them mentality which is not healthy for the country in the long run.

Last edited by malcorub16; 11-03-2018 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 04:33 PM

10,526 posts, read 6,158,785 times
I will give it some thought.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:36 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,003 times
Okay, but there's something deeply wrong if we're obliged to commend someone for being so despicable that he arouses so many people against him.

1. Pro: Trump occasionally makes random remarks that sound reasonable and sensible. For instance, he thought we should bring back jobs that have been outsourced overseas. It's hard to disagree with that.

2. Con: Just about everything else, ignorance, bigotry, vulgarity, lies, greed, self-aggrandizement, and so on. His personal life seems distasteful, but I rarely talk about that. I can't really choose a single worst thing, but I might be what's been termed gaslighting, in trying to undermine our traditional institutions AND undermine our trust in them, particularly the press.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:39 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,517,815 times
OP, I think you summed up my feelings about Trump. I also wish he would tone down his constant attacks on his rivals and speak in more measured tones.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Pro- He got rid of the mandatory penalty for not having health insurance.

Con- where do I start?

Old 11-03-2018, 04:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,666,966 times
Having known him during decades when I owned property and lived near Atlantic City, there is absolutely no need for me to "objectively" decide now. He took money from bondholders, investors, banks, contractors, taxpayers and suppliers....and some groups I forgot. He turned it all to dust and then bragged that he was in the best position ever because he could turn billion dollar debts into 500 million dollar one just with threats of going bankrupt. Then he went bankrupt many times anyway.

The place is a Ghost Town and he was the biggest single figure involved in it. That is his life's major work.

If he is getting people to vote and care, much of that is because of being the worst POTUS in US History (his current rating among historians). That's not a "net positive".

Objectively he is the worst POTUS I have ever studied. Objectively he is among the worst specimens of a human being I have ever seen.

Most people have some redeeming factors that can offset their faults. But some - like Trump and Bill Cosby (both entertainers and serial women assaulters - and both people who tell others how to be) are so far down the selfish and evil path that it's hard to find the pistachio nut that doesn't leave a rancid taste in your mouth.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:59 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Having known him during decades when I owned property and lived near Atlantic City, there is absolutely no need for me to "objectively" decide now. He took money from bondholders, investors, banks, contractors, taxpayers and suppliers....and some groups I forgot. He turned it all to dust and then bragged that he was in the best position ever because he could turn billion dollar debts into 500 million dollar one just with threats of going bankrupt. Then he went bankrupt many times anyway.

The place is a Ghost Town and he was the biggest single figure involved in it. That is his life's major work.

If he is getting people to vote and care, much of that is because of being the worst POTUS in US History (his current rating among historians). That's not a "net positive".

Objectively he is the worst POTUS I have ever studied. Objectively he is among the worst specimens of a human being I have ever seen.

Most people have some redeeming factors that can offset their faults. But some - like Trump and Bill Cosby (both entertainers and serial women assaulters - and both people who tell others how to be) are so far down the selfish and evil path that it's hard to find the pistachio nut that doesn't leave a rancid taste in your mouth.
I am his generation and grew up and lived in NYC. We didn't need to be educated about The Donald. I met him on a Manhattan street one on one as a young woman. I will say this about him to those from the rest of country. He refuses to take NO for an answer. I nearly killed myself running across 6th Avenue because he would not stop following me.

If he cannot take rejection from a strange woman on the street, you think that is a good trait in a President?

I do not care what Party he adheres to. He is a CREEP.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, but there's something deeply wrong if we're obliged to commend someone for being so despicable that he arouses so many people against him.

1. Pro: Trump occasionally makes random remarks that sound reasonable and sensible. For instance, he thought we should bring back jobs that have been outsourced overseas. It's hard to disagree with that.

2. Con: Just about everything else, ignorance, bigotry, vulgarity, lies, greed, self-aggrandizement, and so on. His personal life seems distasteful, but I rarely talk about that. I can't really choose a single worst thing, but I might be what's been termed gaslighting, in trying to undermine our traditional institutions AND undermine our trust in them, particularly the press.

Failed right out of the gate. Let me show how its done and keeps the integrity intact.

I like the way the Presidents expresses his-self in plain easy to understand language and not the canned politician mumbo-jumbo.

He fails to play enough golf and needs to play more to get his exercise and maintain the Adonis like figure.

That's how its done. I'm sure everyone will agree with my very civil tone.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:06 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,348 times
Pro: He is pro America, pro Americans, ETA Pro Israel. won't let illegals force their way in, doesn't use flattery, has lowered taxes, raised employment numbers, protects taxpayers from unfair trade practices, is building up our military and ensuring that our veterans receive health care in a timely manner, supports law enforcement and has untied their hands, does what he says he will, doesn't apologize, exposes leftists for what they are without even trying............the list goes on and on.

Con: He still has to fulfill "lock her up". In time.

Great article here listing his major accomplishments thus far.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-election-win/

Last edited by 4dognight; 11-03-2018 at 05:28 PM..

Old 11-03-2018, 05:07 PM

15,629 posts, read 10,382,405 times
I like his tax cuts, judicial appointments, rollback of regulations, support for Israel including moving the embassy, sense of humor and wife.

I don't like that he verbally attacks regular people on twitter. He can attack politicians on twitter until the cows come home, but he shouldn't insult private citizens on twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies