Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times

Advertisements

This thread reminds me of a night in 2008...was on a business trip with a colleague in Chicago. He's a hardcore GOP'er- the Rush Limbaugh type. He was both 100% sure that McCain would win AND that there would be massive/wide spread violence and shooting that night. You know- evil Chicago.

Was nice collecting that bet after having an awesome and peaceful night out partying and celebrating the Obama victory...while he stayed cowering in his hotel room waiting for the apocalypse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 07:21 AM

17,602 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
This thread reminds me of a night in 2008...was on a business trip with a colleague in Chicago. He's a hardcore GOP'er- the Rush Limbaugh type. He was both 100% sure that McCain would win AND that there would be massive/wide spread violence and shooting that night. You know- evil Chicago.

Was nice collecting that bet after having an awesome and peaceful night out partying and celebrating the Obama victory...while he stayed cowering in his hotel room waiting for the apocalypse.
It reminds me of when Trump won in 2016. Snowflakes were sobbing on TV and at Hillary's victory party while masked thugs destroyed property in large cities across the nation. Then the tantrum continued for months and still continues to this day, both in real life and online.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:27 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post

What a difference between the reactions of the other candidate's supporters. McCain voters accepted things and went on with their lives; Clinton supporters screamed at the sky, assaulted people threw bricks through windows, and lit things on fire.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:33 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
What a difference between the reactions of the other candidate's supporters. McCain voters accepted things and went on with their lives; Clinton supporters screamed at the sky, assaulted people threw bricks through windows, and lit things on fire.
Yeah, the peaceful Republicans under Obama:

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...d-to-discredit
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...ter-obamas-win
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...4AN81U20081124
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/u...ns-unruly.html

So it wasn't all rainbows and lollypops after Obama's elections.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:27 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Remember when they spit at one of the biggest heroes in our nation's last century?

Yeah, I watched it all on TV. Broke up many a meeting...insisted that we deny health care to people and not help the country come out of the Great Recession.

All of those people melted into the woodwork and armed up in the last 10 years and now they simply go out and shoot people. No more messing around at town halls.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Oh for God's sake. Rioting?

Old 11-05-2018, 08:35 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,245 times
Thankfully, if there is any rioting or unrest it will likely be taking place in liberal, "tolerant", "open minded" urban areas, far away from where I live.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 AM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I disagree.

If Democrats riot after losing (again), Trump should not make a national issue out of it. Let the Democrats try to do that.

Trump should simply use the Bully Pulpit (make speeches, write opinions, and nowadays tweet a lot) to point out what the Democrats are doing: Rioting and destroying because they didn't get their way, like frustrated 3rd grade schoolyard bullies who hate their classmates and can't handle obeying the will of the people.

And he should name names. Mayor Such-and-such of this city let the rioters burn these four streets in his city, the police commissioner Smith of that city did not send his officers in to protect the lives and property of the following neighborhoods in that city, the Governor of this other state doubled down on his declaration that his state is a Sanctuary State, and here's a list of people killed and injured in those cities by the Democrat rioters, and there has been $nnn million in damage to property since Election Day, etc. etc. And in conclusion, ask people if they support what the rioters, mayors, governors etc. have done in reaction to being losers... and ask them to call, write, and cable their city and state officials to demand justice.

President Trump should simply call on the people running the cities and states, to do their jobs and enforce the laws strictly and fairly; and encourage normal Americans to call on them to do it too.

And KEEP doing it until peace is restored and the thugs, rioters, and people who didn't do their jobs are brought to justice by the people of their own states and cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You should be embarrassed to write such nonsense.
Note here that this liberal considers telling the truth about his violent and thug-like supporters, and calling the police on violent lawbreakers and letting individual state and city justice systems work as intended, to be "nonsense".

Quote:
Honestly, do you WANT something like that to happen?
No. But the Democrat thugs and rioters who did all of those things two years ago After President Trump's election (and continue to do them to this day) obviously DO want them to happen.

But if the Democrats DO do them in defiance of all normalcy and decent behavior, I DO favor President Trump telling the truth about them publicly. And I DO favor local police and courts doing their jobs, arresting them, putting them on trial for their crimes, and sentencing them appropriately.

The only real puzzle is, why do you NOT want the thugs and rioters publicly identified and appropiriately punished?

Old 11-05-2018, 09:08 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Note here that this liberal considers telling the truth about his violent and thug-like supporters, and calling the police on violent lawbreakers and letting individual state and city justice systems work as intended, to be "nonsense".
If that's what you got from my post, you really are too far gone for further debate. I do not desire that any community be subjected to that which you are promoting. I will not be rioting in response to the election results no matter what the outcome, and I don't expect it from others either. I will get up on Wednesday and move on with my life regardless of what happens. Peace be with you, Roboteer. Peace be with all of us as we go to the polls tomorrow and in the days to come.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Oh for God's sake. Rioting?
I know... it's ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies