Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 01:03 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times

Advertisements

America should put a referendum out there if the citizens of that country want to accept all these "asylum" seekers and migrants. Instead, the government is allowing their laws to be flagrantly violated in the interests of who? Corporations who want cheap labor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 01:09 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If they are not LE, then they are probably going to be committing crimes or ensure that someone gets hurt.
I'm glad to hear you announce that (a) we can tell if they are "going to be committing crimes" just from their appearance, and (b) they should cease, desist, and go home for that reason.

When can normal Americans expect you to declare that the migrant mob, most of whose members have already illegally crashed across the Guatemala border with Mexico, should cease, desist, turn around, and go home?

The good news is, we don't have to engage in the feats of mindreading and fortunetelling you performed here, declaring the militia members "are probably going to be committing crimes" when none of them have. Most members of the migrant mob have already committed crimes, and have stated flatly that they would commit more (crossing illegally into the United States).

Old 11-06-2018, 01:17 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
About 200 members of the Militia groups are currently guarding the Texas border. Militia groups, heavily armed organizations that train members in paramilitary techniques ― often are right-wing extremist organizations. 100 members of the Texas Minutemen are headed to the Rio Grande now. They traveled to the border, stoked by fears that dangerous illegal immigrants are coming to invade the country. With the caravan, large numbers of trained military, and untrained armed militia combined with a powder keg of explosive emotions, what can possibly go wrong?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/armed-mil...kk9fowQb7r3gY4
The military leadership has already stated that they have no intention of actually coming into contact with any foreign nationals. They intend to stand back from the border and to provide only "logistical support" to the civilian federal and local police agencies. The military clearly has no intention of seeing pictures of soldiers gunning down civilians.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:18 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again with the drama. They are not "extremists", and despite how much the left wants to cry about it, they have the right to do what they are doing.

And most of them are very well trained, so that "worry" can go right out the window. You all thinking of the whole Bundy Ranch incident and claim that all militias are like that. Not even close to accurate.

But please, continue with the fear mongering while telling everyone the left doesn't fear monger.

Well, except for the fact that they entered Guatemala illegally, and they entered Mexico illegally, and even attacked the police and military while there. Sure, no "evidence" whatsoever.
Trump is the fear-monger-in-chief. So you can't put that on the Dems. That's what his rallies are all about. Fear. And misinformation.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump is the fear-monger-in-chief. So you can't put that on the Dems. That's what his rallies are all about. Fear. And misinformation.
You clearly failed to read the entire thread. Try again.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:25 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
You really have nothing to offer in this discussion, do you? Static. That’s all you got.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You clearly failed to read the entire thread. Try again.
I read the thread. I was accused of fear mongering about the militia. I'm saying Trump does enough fear mongering for everyone

Old 11-06-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
You really have nothing to offer in this discussion, do you? Static. That’s all you got.
I offered my peace on the militia at the border. Then I was accused of fear mongering. So I pointed out Trump's constant fear mongering at his rallies. I thought I contributed pretty good.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No it doesn't and no they don't. I have never said I advocate complete amnesty because I don't. So stop making blanket assumptions about liberals and myself that are not true. If you recall, amnesty was a policy primarily instituted by Reagan, who was a Republican president. As I said in my earlier posts about the caravan, some of them are riding in trucks, but a caravan is by definition a group of people traveling together. Therefore, they can't move any faster than walking speed or they would no longer be a caravan. If they were moving at the speed of vehicles they would be here already and the alien invasion would have begun

If you want any kind of amnesty for any of them then I stand by what I said. Reagan was wrong to do what he did because now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. He regretted signing that amnesty because the border wasn't secured as promised by congress.

The point you are missing is that many of them are getting rides along the way so some or many may be here earlier than projected. Objection to reinforcing our border right now preparing for what may lay ahead soon is a tell all to me.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:39 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

Being prepared is common sense not fear. What misinformation is Trump supposedly passing on? By the way, did you read the DHS link that I posted? I suggest you do and then come back and accuse Trump of spreading fear and misinformation. You won't be able to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies