Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 07:33 AM

371 posts, read 365,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
"My other car is a Tardis" = Democrat
Middle-aged white woman, looks like school teacher, drives Subaru Forester, never smiles = Democrat
This guy = Republican, 100%, absolutely no question...
20/30-something woman, multicolor hair, unskilled/high school educated, looks angry/rude, drives 7 year old Kia Optima = Democrat

This is fun
Middle aged white female, college degree, drives a 5 series BMW, smiles a lot - Democrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 07:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
One of my renters is an elderly democrat, male, who washes his hands or uses chemical sanitizer about 50 times a day and his wife, also democrat, can't pay the rent because she just bought an expensive new doll. Their apartment is absolutely creepy because of the many hundreds of dolls. Oh, yeah...... he buries roadkill on our property. Can't evict them because the man is hubby's old college buddy. Pretty much sums it up.

Last edited by vkhmini; 11-07-2018 at 08:07 AM..

Old 11-07-2018, 07:57 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Based on statistical racial voting patterns:

If you see a Black American or Native American, you'd be safe to guess they will vote Democrat.
If you see an Asian American or Hispanic American, you'd be inclined to believe they will vote Democrat but not sure.
If you see a White American, you'd have about a 50-50 odds guessing which party they'd vote for.

For gender it's close enough to 50-50 you wouldn't be able to guess there but combine gender with some of the racial groups to get a more accurate prediction (for example a female Hispanic American will almost definitely vote Democrat).
Native Americans in my area tend to vote republican, along with whites. Blacks are almost always democrats, in fact many people instead of saying the N-word now, say the D-word. If someone tells you there’s a lot of Democrats that live in an area, you know what they mean.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:11 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
How accurate do you think you would be in identifying a persons party affiliation just by looking at them?

50 year old black guy....probably democrat. 60 year old white guy with a resting frown face.....Republican.
No, but I can make guesses if the person is black because they overwhelmingly vote blue. 60 year old white person could be either for sure. Lots of balance with older people in general. If the person is pierced and has tattoos and look upset all the time, they almost always vote blue. Young people living in cities that wear horrible clothing and are negative about everything vote blue most all the time as well.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:15 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
So is the NATURE of politics violence inspiring or is something wrong with us? Can there be inter-party relationships in America?
I'm not afraid of someone firebombing my house, but my spouse makes his living as a consultant, working with companies that are all over the map politically, and his professional community is very small. Everyone knows everyone. As a rule, we do not talk about politics in public, and even with extended family, we are very careful. There are no bumper stickers on our cars or signs in our yard. We display the flag on the appropriate holidays and only on those holidays. If someone were to look us up on the state voter website, they'd find that we are both unaffiliated, as are our children. I'm not ashamed of my political beliefs, but it's just better this way. Less potential for misunderstandings or hard feelings.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:40 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Definition of prejudice.

No doubt! Its a prejudgement. That was the question. People prejudge as a normal process. The mind cannot help it. Its how or whether you act based upon those prejudgments that matter.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:49 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm not afraid of someone firebombing my house, but my spouse makes his living as a consultant, working with companies that are all over the map politically, and his professional community is very small. Everyone knows everyone. As a rule, we do not talk about politics in public, and even with extended family, we are very careful. There are no bumper stickers on our cars or signs in our yard. We display the flag on the appropriate holidays and only on those holidays. If someone were to look us up on the state voter website, they'd find that we are both unaffiliated, as are our children. I'm not ashamed of my political beliefs, but it's just better this way. Less potential for misunderstandings or hard feelings.

That sounds crazy to me! That is not a way to live.....is it? It does not sound like you are shameful, it sounds like you are FEARFUL. People are living in fear of their political beliefs.....or others, to the degree that people do not want to share or talk about them in public or with family. That signals a MAJOR problem in this country, in my book. That is NOT how it should be. When you keep stuff like that bottled up......you know what that leads to as a result of the pressure created.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:57 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
That sounds crazy to me! That is not a way to live.....is it? It does not sound like you are shameful, it sounds like you are FEARFUL. People are living in fear of their political beliefs.....or others, to the degree that people do not want to share or talk about them in public or with family. That signals a MAJOR problem in this country, in my book. That is NOT how it should be. When you keep stuff like that bottled up......you know what that leads to as a result of the pressure created.
Of my husband losing clients or even being blackballed in his career field? Damn straight, I am. I vote, but I am not interested in having our living threatened by people who would hold our political beliefs against us. It's the straight-jacket of being an upper-middle class professional family. We have a lot to lose but not enough to say to hell with what other people think, so we demur when the topic comes up and save expressing ourselves for the voting booth.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:06 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
I can make a good educated guess base on race, ethnicity and other factors. Not accurate 100% of the time but a high percentage of accuracy.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:08 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Native Americans in my area tend to vote republican, along with whites. Blacks are almost always democrats, in fact many people instead of saying the N-word now, say the D-word. If someone tells you there’s a lot of Democrats that live in an area, you know what they mean.

Accept for Cuban-Americans, Hispanics almost always vote Democrat also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies