Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 02:25 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,614,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You know what I think.
Its not really that the OP is upset about the amount of taxes or that the OP thinks voting republican will change that but for some people who are young, are students or who just have not had much earnings or had to pay their way 100% they just dont realize how much tax $ are deducted. Often its the same set of people who lean left, believing in very generous social programs out there because they never realized where the money comes from until it comes from them. And then its like Oh Chit.
I have seen this many times. Young, broke idealistic democrat suddenly taxed with a real job, real income, bills, obligations, responsibilities and payroll taxes sees the world through different eyes.
I have lived and worked through so many administrations. No matter who is there, you never get past the Oh Chit. It never changes. It's best to consider other issues that are important to you because, in reality, over the years, taxes never get better and if they get a little better it's marginal and they stick it to you somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 02:26 PM
exm

3,713 posts, read 1,765,533 times
In general, I vote Republican since they better align with my views but I'll vote Democratic for the right candidate. In Nassau County (NY) I voted for a Democratic AG in our county which is mostly Republican. Gotta balance things out.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:27 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,366,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I was one of those typical college liberals voting for social justice the past few elections. I finally joined the workforce and cry every time the government takes a grand from each pay check. I can only imagine how worse it’ll get if dems are in power. Never ever voting dem again.
Welcome to adulthood. Most of us were young and stupid liberals. The good thing is we continued to develop along the normal course of human development and left the adolescent stage, becoming conservatives.

Welcome to the fold.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:29 PM

4,234 posts, read 3,150,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Just making sure he knows that money is going to be withdrawn every paycheck whether it will be Dems or Reps in power. I didn't call him deplorable. But he needs to wake up if he thinks the Republicans are gonna put more money in his pocket. Maybe if he were the 1%.
Republicans HAVE put more money in the pockets of everyday working Americans! My employees are quite happy with the tax cuts. One thing is for certain....the Dems will take more of what you earn (unless you don't make money at all)

Old 11-06-2018, 02:30 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You voted for the party that passed a $1.3 trillion spending bill in March.

Bro, you really showed them!
And they will cut Medicare and Social Security too. But OP voted, so good for him/her.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:33 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,563,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
If you make enough to lose $1000 per check, you need to stop crying. EVER.
I dunno. That might make me cry, too, but they would be tears of happiness.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:35 PM

2,486 posts, read 821,512 times
Quote:
I was one of those typical college liberals voting for social justice the past few elections. I finally joined the workforce and cry every time the government takes a grand from each pay check. I can only imagine how worse it’ll get if dems are in power. Never ever voting dem again.

It is said that: if you are not a liberal when young you don't have a heart. If you aren't a conservative when you're older you don't have a brain.

Sounds like you're right on schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Next time he can vote for the blue-colored batch of crooks!

Hopefully they're not voted in this time.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:35 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,563,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
just wait til they work their way up to calling the OP a 'racist.' if the thread goes long enough it's bound to happen.
Congratulations. You are the first to bring it up. I can't speak for anyone else, but it honestly didn't even cross my mind.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:38 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,106,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The good thing is we continued to develop along the normal course of human development and left the adolescent stage, becoming conservatives.
Conservatism is just liberalism driving the speed limit.

Libertarians are the only ones who have continued along the normal course of human development.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:38 PM

13,290 posts, read 7,841,936 times
Quote:
I have compassion for other people and I am very socially liberal but when it comes down to it, we live in a dog eat dog world and seeing my paycheck go to other people hurts me when I’m just trying to survive myself.
Politically Correct people have been to dog school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies