Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 03:44 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,237,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Trump wants everybody to bow down and kiss his feet. The people that see through his BS (and more are starting to come around) wont do that.
Substitute "Trump" for "The Press" and you are really on to something with this comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 03:47 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,634,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Geez, I go to work for a few hours, and it's a madhouse when I log back in. Trump fired Sessions by TWEET?
No he didn't. CoS Kelly accepted AG Sessions resignation.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:47 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,350,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No he didn't. CoS Kelly accepted AG Sessions resignation.
Thanks for the clarification. So did he choose to announce it by tweet, or am I missing part of the story?

Old 11-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thanks for the clarification. So did he choose to announce it by tweet, or am I missing part of the story?

Can't help you on that. Not on twitter.
I would have written your fired on a box of tissue and sent it to Sessions.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:08 PM

8,909 posts, read 4,615,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
DAMN double standard.

How could you support it when you guys accused Corey Lewandowski of assaulting Michelle Fields.

What did CNN say about that one. Oh yeah, we remember.

Accosta's actions were totally wrong. He should be tossed out of the WH Press Corp. He's an embarrassment to the global media.
Of course there is a double standard. That is the only standard certain kinds of people know, and I would get an infraction if I labeled them for what they are.

Acosta certainly was out of line, and my only beef with Trump is that he didn't call security and have him removed by force, and banned. (Frankly Acosta should have been banned for band behavior a long time ago.)

Old 11-07-2018, 04:25 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,344,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Jim Acosta has to ask why a caravan from another country forcefully attempting to enter ours is considered an invasion?

'Nuff said.
Rubbish.

A few hundred tired civilians aren't going to bum rush the border and jump the fence. They will present themselves to apply for asylum. The US government can and will consider their cases on an individual basis.

Stifle your hysteria and xenophobic fearmongering.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:31 PM

8,909 posts, read 4,615,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Rubbish.

A few hundred tired civilians aren't going to bum rush the border and jump the fence. They will present themselves to apply for asylum. The US government can and will consider their cases on an individual basis.

More leftist propaganda.
Probably spread by some of the same people
who are organizing and financing the invasion.

First, its thousands, not hundreds and
they already rushed the border on the
south end of mexico, and tore down the fence.

You may be right, though, that they
may not jump the fence. Especially
if they are facing armed resistance.

Or maybe we shed blood.

But they will NOT present themselves
and apply for asylum. They have said so.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:32 PM

5,327 posts, read 4,420,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Are you joking? He gripped the microphone tighter when she tried to take it, thinking it was being handed off.

That's all he did. He gripped the microphone tightly. He moved his left hand, possibly to help shield the microphone, but he didn't have to - she relented quickly and sat back down.

MY guess is, staffers are there to facilitate passing the microphone around, but are not to try to wrestle it away from reporters who didn't quickly relinquish it. They're there to take it when the reporter hands it off, and then hand it to the next reporter the president calls on. When he didn't give it up, she sat down.

If anyone assaulted anyone, it was she who assaulted him, trying to force him to give up the microphone. But even that is a huge stretch.

How ANYONE could think that was an assault is . . . well. Hoookay.
Do you seriously believe what you wrote? Acosta has been there a time or two. He knows the routine. He knows that the staffers come and take the microphone. Hell, I knew that and I have never been at one of these press conferences. He did try to push her arm away. He was not about to give that mike up until he had had his say.

Did you see the look on that young woman's face? It was bewilderment, shock and yes, perhaps fear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Rubbish.

Why be dishonest and try to downplay it ? We have a few hundred minimum , not in a caravan that is thousands strong, bum rushing the border everyday.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
What mess ??? Seriously, Trump was handed a booming economy and only Afghanistan as an intractable problem. Compare that to what Obama dealt with - the worst depression since 1929 and two active wars.

His ONE legislative accomplishment in two years of total control was a modest tax cut for 99% of us and a massive cut for the 1%. No wall, no budget cuts, no healthcare reform, no immigration reform, only a giant deficit and gutting the EPA, The FBI, the Interior Dept, the FCC, and the DOE.
You just gave a litany of Trump and the Trumplicans agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies